No announcement yet.

H&R Cup Kit Vs. IE Stage 3 w/ Blisten Sports

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Save your money and buy Ground Control springs with koni yellows. I have the cupkit now and I really like it. It is not soft at all and my car handles very well with it installed. I just wish that I had saved a few hundred dollars more and gotten the GCs for adjustability and custom spring rates.

Nick

Comment

Ie, no question. cup kit will drop you, but it wont keep you from reaching massive body roll. IE gives some body roll, but it is pretty rough and stiff. Not made for LA roads, thats for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by MattE30
        Can Bilstein Sports even handle IE/H&R race springs?
        I have H&R race springs, Bilstein sports and ST sways...the suspension is excellent on the street or track. Perhaps Koni adjustables would be better but Bilsteins aren't completely shit either.
        "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
        88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
        89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
        91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

has anyone ever cleared up the talks about konis seizing?

Comment

Originally posted by shahe
            has anyone ever cleared up the talks about konis seizing?
            I've never heard this.. I only have 9,000 miles on my konis though. I had bilstiens on it before and they started leaking (were replaced when I got the car). I always heard it the other way around, with bilstiens blowing out..
            Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by reelizmpro
              IE stage 3 springs are stiffer. I'd go with them and cut 1/2 or 1 inactive coil off the top of the front springs.
              Anyone who does this make sure you cut the top!!! dont cut the bottom, will fuck up the springs! But if you ask me 2" drop is pretty damn low.

Originally Posted by Rob
              fucking hell, your car is cleaner in the damn snow than mine ever has been in perfect weather. sedans own me.

Comment

Don't cut the IE Springs....why on earth..they're perfect, ride height and stiffness. I have Bilsteins with them and I was happy at first.. The IE springs will wear the Bilstein sports out pretty fast. I recommend saving and getting the Koni's. I speak from experience. You won't be disappointed with the Bilsteins, but the Koni's are better in every way.

332iS R.I.P.

Comment

Working...
                X