• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by robrez View Post
    RedRocket Labs version ASAP.

Hhehe. ;)
    Originally posted by Matt-B
    hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

I can do a writeup right when I get back from vacation. Its pretty complicated, requires cutting and sanding and stuff so will need many pics.

Comment

No plug and play?
        Last edited by george graves; 08-04-2012, 08:20 PM.
        Originally posted by Matt-B
        hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

Originally posted by robrez View Post
          RedRocket Labs version ASAP.
          Originally posted by kronus
          would be in depending on tip slant and tube size

Comment

Very nice. Subscribed!
            Owner - Bavarian Restoration
            BMW and European Electronics Repair and Restoration
            www.BavRest.com
            My Feedback Thread
            Our Facebook!
            Follow our Instagram!

Comment

just wanted to bump this thread and really encourage Fusion. any and all of the time you spend sharing how you did this would be appreciated!

Comment

Coolest mod I've seen in a while, I'd love to move my AFR and voltage up there! Honestly never thought of using that space before.

>> 1988 3.1 ITB E30 /// 2002 E46 M3 6MT / 2008 335xi 6MT / 1991 S38B36 E30 (sold)

Comment

Originally posted by Raxe View Post
                  Coolest mod I've seen in a while, I'd love to move my AFR and voltage up there! Honestly never thought of using that space before.
                  Agreed, there's a lot of unused space on the check panel
                  - Josh
                  1990 325is

Need a shift boot?
                  Looking to buy shift boot frames, PM if you have one to sell

Here's what happens when you let the internet pick your license plate

Comment

Calling Fusion! We need DIY! I will start a vote thread to get your attention if need be! :hitler:
                    Originally posted by Wh33lhop
                    This is r3v. Check your vaginal sand at the door.

Comment

pitchfork mob assemble! we're heading to Fusion's demanding awesome check panels or a fiery death.

Comment

Lets get this goin!

mtech1/2jzgte/r154/275tire
                        function>form

Comment

I say Fusion should keep it to himself and if you want it you gotta pay him for it.

lol

"if you're good at something, never do it for free"

but then again, I'm an advocate for knowledge sharing too :)
                          Estoril E36 M3/4/5 | Toledo E53 X5 3.0 | LeMans E90 335D M-Sport

Comment

I like the concept and its certainly a nicely executed mod.

My issue is the placement. The flashing CHECK light is to alert the driver that something is wrong and to look up and away from the road at the check panel. Without the check light flashing you have no reason to look up there.

It would be cool to have ranges on those meters to trip the check light if they go above and/or below a certain threshold.

Looking up at the ceiling (or down at the ashtray area where some place gauges) takes your eyes off the road which is why many (including myself) mount gauges such as that in the heater vents so they are level with the instrument cluster.

Comment

Originally posted by James Crivellone View Post
                              I like the concept and its certainly a nicely executed mod.

My issue is the placement. The flashing CHECK light is to alert the driver that something is wrong and to look up and away from the road at the check panel. Without the check light flashing you have no reason to look up there.

It would be cool to have ranges on those meters to trip the check light if they go above and/or below a certain threshold.

Looking up at the ceiling (or down at the ashtray area where some place gauges) takes your eyes off the road which is why many (including myself) mount gauges such as that in the heater vents so they are level with the instrument cluster.
                              Ya, that is true. Looking up all the time is not too good for safety, especially in heavy traffic.

I actually have digital oil temp and voltage readouts incorporated into my gauge cluster in the lower left hand corner, much easier to peek at them while driving. Its very stealth and matches the illumination great. Very custom because with the cluster off, it still looks unmodified.
                              Owner - Bavarian Restoration
                              BMW and European Electronics Repair and Restoration
                              www.BavRest.com
                              My Feedback Thread
                              Our Facebook!
                              Follow our Instagram!

Comment

Any updates on this being for sale or a DIY? I just got a E30 and I think this would be a great add on.
                                My Garage
                                2001 Z3 2.5i Steel Gray/Black (Lexi)
                                1988 325ix Diamond Schwartz/Black (Izzy)
                                1989 325i Cirrus Blue/Houndstooth (Stitch)
                                Feedback

Instagram: Stone.Hopkins

Comment

Working...
                                X