Where do you keep fuel level at?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nairb View Post
    I typically only run 1 gallon (1.5 MAX) in my tank at any given time.

This really helps me shave that weight so I can get quicker launches and really allows me to fully control and manipulate the vehicle in all corners and turns on my way to my community college.
    THIS! haha

I usually go until the light goes on, then I fill it with $20 which is until the 20 which im guessing its quarter tank with the US spec gauge?

Im planning to change the habit, once i get paid $50 or whatever it costs to fill my tank and smack $20 into the tank once i reach half way. Idk how well that will work haha but i gotta save for a new fuel pump since its buzzing. Just to throw it out there, i commute 30 miles total on the highway between 70-80mph from Monday to Wednesday, then itll be 60 miles from Thursday to Sunday, getting good gas mileage though. 120miles from the 20 mark till light came on running with a Dinan chip in my E30
    1986 325e (EUR)
    Grey Market
    Zinno
    327i Build
    Zender kit
    ESM 008TA

Restoration progress TBA

Originally posted by ethrtyiS
    sweet! day after my first final. really getting waffleswaffleswaffleswafflesed up then!!

Comment

My gas gauge works 50% of the time, oddly solved by tapping on the plastic or hitting a bump in the road-otherwise it reads 100% full...So I always keep it above half just for a piece of mind.

Comment

I have gas.

Early tanks are smaller. At least on the vert. More on day trips (fill-up at cheap station out of town) and less for local/city driving (5 gallons). When my car's fuel light is on, the car is more fun to drive.
        grain of salt:p

http://https://youtu.be/H8gOAzYchAE:ot:

Comment

I fill it to a max. of 1/2 tank. Fuel cost so god damn much over here now, that I am so afraid of an accident with a full tank.
          to fill up the E30 in Germany these days its about $130.00!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by mikeedler View Post
            I fill it to a max. of 1/2 tank. Fuel cost so god damn much over here now, that I am so afraid of an accident with a full tank.
            to fill up the E30 in Germany these days its about $130.00!!!!!!!!!
            We are catching up with you...

Comment

Originally posted by dnguyen1963 View Post
              We are catching up with you...
              no way. I live in an area that has close to the highest gas prices in all of the USA and at most I've spent was $65 filling it up from almost totally empty (62l tank).
              Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

I always think of the pump I replaced when it gets to 1/4 and fill it up. I have never seen the light come on . Running a twenty five year old gas tank dry does not seem like a good idea for a few reasons.

Comment

Originally posted by Jrey View Post
                  THIS! haha

I usually go until the light goes on, then I fill it with $20 which is until the 20 which im guessing its quarter tank with the US spec gauge?

Im planning to change the habit, once i get paid $50 or whatever it costs to fill my tank and smack $20 into the tank once i reach half way. Idk how well that will work haha but i gotta save for a new fuel pump since its buzzing. Just to throw it out there, i commute 30 miles total on the highway between 70-80mph from Monday to Wednesday, then itll be 60 miles from Thursday to Sunday, getting good gas mileage though. 120miles from the 20 mark till light came on running with a Dinan chip in my E30
                  I get like a 80-90 miles from a quarter tank.

NEW ERA AUTO GLASS - SFV SOCAL - 818 974-3673
                  DREWLIENTE

1$ PShops PM me

Comment

what does ROB stands for.

i fill up when my 13button obc is says 60miles
                    remaing on the range feature,
                    no particular reason just by habit of keeping it consistant
                    and i track my mpg with app called gas cubby on the i phone and fuelly.com

-
                    Project
                    Parts for Sale
                    Feedback
                    YouTube Channel

Comment

Fill to full, drive to empty.

>> 1988 3.1 ITB E30 /// 2002 E46 M3 6MT / 2008 335xi 6MT / 1991 S38B36 E30 (sold)

Comment

i let the red light come on and then fill up in both my e30...318iS and 325i... both are on original fuel tank with fuel filter changed every two years

Comment

I never fill more than 20 litres, its just to boring to stand there and wait for it. So if im not going for a long drive its between 10 and 30 litres.

Comment

Working...
                          X