Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How much did insurance give you for your totalled e30??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How much did insurance give you for your totalled e30??

Just testing the waters out there, my 318is was rear ended last week and buckled the rear quater panel and a frame rail according to the body shop, most likely a total he said. Now I am waiting on AAA to tell me the value of my car, just wondering what previous people got from their insurance companies in a total.

I know i wont get nearly what I have in it but I have 20k in receipts for the car which has to be worth something, and with the amount of upgrades and condition I feel it is in the higher range of value for most e30s. I also know insurance companies could give shit less about either of those two previous factors.

So anyways what did you get outa them?

29 Model A // 55 GMC 100 // 66 C10 // 72 BMW 2002 2.7 M20 Turbo // 75 CB500T Custom // 04 BMW M3 // 13 BMW 328i Sport

72 BMW 2002 2.7 M20 Turbo Build Thread // INSTAGRAM
    Gewerkschaft der Polizei Sticker/Clings For Sale $8

^^About 2 grand more than I paid for it...

Comment

Well i doubt theyre giving me 7k for it

29 Model A // 55 GMC 100 // 66 C10 // 72 BMW 2002 2.7 M20 Turbo // 75 CB500T Custom // 04 BMW M3 // 13 BMW 328i Sport

Comment

Originally posted by semaj4712 View Post
        Just testing the waters out there, my 318is was rear ended last week and buckled the rear quater panel and a frame rail according to the body shop, most likely a total he said. Now I am waiting on AAA to tell me the value of my car, just wondering what previous people got from their insurance companies in a total.

I know i wont get nearly what I have in it but I have 20k in receipts for the car which has to be worth something, and with the amount of upgrades and condition I feel it is in the higher range of value for most e30s. I also know insurance companies could give shit less about either of those two previous factors.

So anyways what did you get outa them?
        not neccesarily true.. i'd certainly send them all those receipts, market equivalents and any pics of your car. I still had mine appraised after the accident too. I buried them in receipts and sent them a DVD with pics.
        Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

My insurer said that replacement value is a factor in determining payouts, as well as all the receipts for upgrades (but not wear and tear items like radiators, bushings, etc.). Finding the ads for several cars in similar condition to yours and presenting them to your insurance company can help.

Comment

Ok cool, well I know what I will be doing today at work

Comment

they don't care about regular maintenance, but they do want recepts for upgrades. I had just replaced the clutch on my friends car, like 300 miles on it, showed insurance guy and he couldn't give a rats ass. Says it's part of maintenance and doesn't make value go up. Which is BS cuz it's like a $500 job at a shop. So in short they are saying a well maintained car is as worth as a car not maintaned as long as they look good.
              "I wanna see da boat movie"
              "I got a tree on my house"

Comment

lmao, yea i know that feeling, im still waiting for the second adjuster to call me back so i can speak with him about how to go about that stuff...hopefully it all gets taken care of soon

Comment

Ha 3k, I don't think so, time to do some negotiating

Comment

Got backed into, trashed the pass fender, hood and smileys. Fought like hell, kept my clean title and got $2k. Wasn't a total loss, however.
                    '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

I smashed into a chevy truck that was stopped.

I got $3800 for my '87 325iS

300K on the motor, tired as hell...but damn shiny and sexy.

A cop ran into the GFs '89 325i. We got $3200 in one week, and they did not touch the title, nor is it on carfax.

That was so little damage that is has not been fixed yet...hell, din't even break a headlight!

Its all about how you work the adjuster. They get paid when the deal is off their desk.

I hit them hard, I hit them gracefully and I know their pressure points. If they can make a deal get done quickly, they do better for it...but they can't just give it away either, gotta have a good story. They have to "sell the deal" to their superiors...so a shiny, pretty car is an easier sale.

Talking about maintenance items makes it look like you are digging for gold. Showing the history and rarity of the car, why it is special makes it easier.

Luke

Closing SOON!
                      "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

Tree fell on my 91 318is a couple of years ago. Had my m52 engine in it (insurance company had no idea). They offered me like $1300 for them to keep it or like $1200 if I kept it. I took the $1200 and swapped the engine into another e30.
                        M/S52 Wiring Diagrams
                        Z3M S52 to late model 325i wiring diagram
                        M52 to 318is wiring diagram

Comment

$10,160 for my old e30, $8410 was the balance after keeping the carcass.
                          john@m20guru.com
                          Links:
                          Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

How the hell did you get 10k?

Comment

A friend of mine got 13k from usaa. It was an s50 swapped Delphine. He had all the receipts.

I'm glad I got all mine. Good insurance will give u full value if u have paperwork.
                              -Art

Comment

Working...
                              X