No announcement yet.

Tell me I am stupid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Id say e30s are pretty rare. Besides the other one in town, I see a random e30 on the road once every 2 months. I love seeing those headlights coming my way.

Comment

If an E30 is in bad shape and the parts will help someone else out, sure, but never a clean E30. (I mean, unless it's a vert)
      Different strokes for different folks.

Comment

In my opinion, bad rust, a smashed rear quarter panel and frame damage are really the only things that make a car worth parting. There's no shortage of replacement parts, either new or used, on the market to keep any and all e30's driving down the road. All you need is a solid chassis to bolt everything onto. But, you can't exactly buy a new chassis anymore... Get smart.
        My Feedback

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post
          they aren't, but some day the "on the fence" cars will be gone. it's already pretty rare to see a "nice" E30. I don't even see junky ones much anymore (well, I did see a white body-kitted NEON UNDEGLOW 325e at a grocery store last weekend).
          This. Unless a car has terrible rust, or body damage , its retarded.

Its so so hard to find a clean example .
          1985 325e M50TU(Sold)
          1991 318is Slicktop (Sold)
          1990 325is Brilliantrot S50/5 Lug Swapped.
          1992 525i Manual shitbox Winter Beater

Comment

got a lot of positive responses lol.....If its a clean chassis but needs work, parting it out makes no sense.

People buy muscle cars that have rust through the entire body/frame of the car and are willing to do the extensive body work just to have a chassis....So anyone parting a a clean e30 is only going to accomplish three things:

1. scrap the chassis only to be recycled into most likely jap scrap or under manufactured domestic.
            2.e30 value will rise
            3. making money all the while someone loses out on owning an e30 for cheap.

Originally posted by Threehz View Post
            If an E30 is in bad shape and the parts will help someone else out, sure, but never a clean E30. (I mean, unless it's a vert)

funny.

Comment

Originally posted by canadiankid View Post
              Id say e30s are pretty rare. Besides the other one in town, I see a random e30 on the road once every 2 months. I love seeing those headlights coming my way.
              unless an integra. gets me every time at night.
              1989 325is / 2.7, 274 cam, e30 M3 5-lug
              1989 LN106 Hilux / 3.0TD SFA
              1974 2002tii / stock
              2002 IS300 / 5spd LSD

Comment

That is why I got mine I saw the window of opportunity closing. These cars will be very sought after in the future
                1989 BMW 325is Lachsilber metallic 5 speed
                2007 BMW 335i KARMESINROT 6 Speed manual
                2011 BMW X5 35I

Comment

I mean, maybe. They sold a LOT of them though.
                  1974 2002tii / stock
                  2002 IS300 / 5spd LSD

Comment

I agree with the OP.

I still plan on driving an E30 15 to 20 years from now. I dont want to have to drive across state lines just to meet up with 10 or 15 guys that enjoy the same hobby that I do.

I feel that it is about the community, not the extra 8 or 9 hundred dollars you can cram into your pocket by parting out a car that is completely savable.

Just like TurboJake, I am going to sit back and keep my mouth shut on this one.
                    My previous build (currently E30-less)
                    http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=170390

A 2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD 4x4 Offroad in Inferno is my newest obsession

Comment

Originally posted by mkcman17 View Post
                      true but at *least* half of them have been crushed.

I was in the bay area and southern california several times this year.. you know how many E30s I saw in about a month's worth of time? 2. one was an E30 m3 (talk about rare as hen's teeth), the other some bone stock beater. and that's where E30s are supposed to be plentiful.
                      Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

I think that sometimes people need money more than they need a thumbs up from the E30 community. Do what you gotta do. Some guys need the parts off good E30's so they can build a nice one and sell it to the community later. Gotta make sacrifices somewhere.
                        But, I'm a noob/newb to the E30 thing. :0)

Comment

Originally posted by mkcman17 View Post
                          I dunno. If you add up the numbers here: http://strictlyeta.net/technical/specifications.html it looks like they made about 350k-400k for the US market, unless I'm missing something. That's not that many.

For comparison, They made a similar number of first gen Z cars - that's the 240z, 260z, and 280z. How many of those do you see? Around here, I see about two in a YEAR. Z Clubs in the area are really small, maybe a dozen people, and the closest one I know of is two hours away. Z meets don't really exist here. Granted, the Z had a bit of a rust problem, so they're much more plentiful on the other coast. Still, they're not that much older, either. It may not happen soon, but eventually the E30 won't be so easy to find.

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post
                            true but at *least* half of them have been crushed.

I was in the bay area and southern california several times this year.. you know how many E30s I saw in about a month's worth of time? 2. one was an E30 m3 (talk about rare as hen's teeth), the other some bone stock beater. and that's where E30s are supposed to be plentiful.
                            i see them everywhere where i am. i know socal is an anomaly for e30's, but i'm just saying. all rust free.
                            1974 2002tii / stock
                            2002 IS300 / 5spd LSD

Comment

Coming from a guy that Paid $200 bucks for what the 20 year old PO Called "Parts Car" Complete with history and every service record known to man. I think That These cars need to be driven.

I took My $200 parts car to the Vintage meet This last weekend and i got a flock of complements on how clean and complete the car was.

The young kids see dollar signs and want to Part out.. Im glad i saved mine form the famous Part Out....

Comment

Working...
                              X