No announcement yet.

$4000 & stock 325is

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gonna keep my eye out for a e30 w/ some things I want already done but, the thought of having a built not bought is dancing around in my head. I drive it daily but it's not my only means of transportation. I sold my 540i and purchased a 750li. I will post pix of both later today...

Comment

Originally posted by jaywood View Post
      Quite a few guys. I DD'd my turbo car my whole senior year of high school. Yeah there were a few issues but that's expected. I only took everything off due to smog. Love Cali's smog laws!
      'nuff said.
      Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Lol what? ^

You can build a swap car or turbo car and have it reliable. Do an ls1 swap!

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post
          leave it stock. Do maintenance. Enjoy it.

Originally posted by slammin.e28guy View Post
          Boom.

Nothing like driving a stock, well maintained e30. Really, nothing like it.

Originally posted by lolcantturn View Post
          fix everything that has to be fixed first. A perfectly running, reliable, stock E30 is a 10x better car than an S50 swapped POS that you don't feel comfortable with driving far distances. there is NOTHING like a perfect, stock E30. nothing.

EDIT: wow in 60 seconds 3 people said the same thing.
          Best advice on R3V.

Originally posted by StereoInstaller1
          My expectation is an immediate 5 speed swap. Autos suck more than a 50 year old whore.

Comment

Originally posted by shiftbmw View Post
            In terms of bang for your buck, I think you would have the most fun per dollar converting to 5speed and doing suspension with a sensible setup(no cut springs or bs).
            This. Fix the broken/maintenance stuff first, then do the 5speed swap and suspension. You will have a fun & reliable car for years to come until you save enough money to really go deep into a project. Whatever money you have left over, you can do stereo and some fancy wheels.
            Originally posted by 36brua
            Isn't that what these forums are all about making stuff easier... OO no never mind this is r3v...
            Patryk:up:
            Instagram: @parkus08

91 BMW 325is ///M-Tech II
            08 VW .:R32
            04 Audi A4 Avant 1.8TQ

Comment

maintenance -> 5spd swap -> interior refresh -> suspension
              sigpic

Comment

oh yeah, a completely clean stock e30 is nice if you like BODY ROLL.

no thanks.

especially since my other car is an rx8, i could not take the stock body roll. i felt like i was going to tip over. i bought brand new stock suspension for my ix. it was in for about 4 months. anyone want to buy it? 3000 miles! practically new.

bilstein hd/sport and h&r sports are an excellent addition to an e30.
                AWD > RWD

Comment

As much as I love e30's they do need modification to reach the level of performance I personally enjoy.

If it were me, I would sell the auto e30, add that to the $4k, and buy a well sorted s50 swapped car
                  Originally posted by blunt
                  can you get me a deal on cases of their (fiji) bottled water? i wash my 02 in that shit

Comment

Originally posted by ColdAccord View Post
                    As much as I love e30's they do need modification to reach the level of performance I personally enjoy.

If it were me, I would sell the auto e30, add that to the $4k, and buy a well sorted s50 swapped car
                    this^

As most know on this forum I am ALL about the suspension. I would take a proper built suspension over power everyday of the week.

I could never live with an automatic. Sell and do above
                    ~ Puch Cafe. ~ Do business? feedback ~ Check out my leather company ~

Instagram: @BWeissLeather

Current cars:
                    ~ '87 325 M30B35 swap
                    ~ '87 535
                    ~ 01 540 Msport 6spd
                    ~ '06 X5 4.8is

Comment

Originally posted by Kershaw View Post
                      Koni SAs and H&R Sports are an excellent addition to an e30.
                      Touched that up for you.
                      Originally posted by kronus
                      would be in depending on tip slant and tube size

Comment

5speed swap, maintenance $$, and suspension/tires

Comment

Originally posted by F34R View Post
                          this^

As most know on this forum I am ALL about the suspension. I would take a proper built suspension over power everyday of the week.

I could never live with an automatic. Sell and do above
                          right on. sell it. add to the 4k. start with an well sorted, upgraded E30.
                          I BUY/SELL REFURBISHED CM5907s & CM5908s

HOWTOs:
                          DB vert plastic bumpers
                          OEM Keys
                          MTech1 docs

88 ix Lach/Card
                          91 ic Calypso 3.1
                          86 Cosmo 2.7

OEM+ or bust!

reelizmpro: I will always be an e30 guy.. I still do all of my own labor
                          TrentW: There's just something so right about a well-built M20 in an E30
                          e30m3s54turbo: I save my money for tuner parts.

Comment

1st step, post a pic!
                            2nd step, drive it.
                            3rd step, replace broken stuff.
                            4th step, repeat.

Comment

Manual swap, fix what's glaringly wrong, suspension overhaul (if it fits your budget). That'll easily be 4k depending how you go about it.
                              The first car I ever rode in was an e30

Originally posted by Cabriolet
                              Wish you the best and hope you don't remember anything after 10pm.

1992 Mauritiusblau Vert
                              2011 Alpinweiss 335is coupe

2002 540i/6 Black/Black
                              2003 GSX-R 750 (RIP)

Comment

Working...
                              X