GRRRRRRR the dealer is the devil!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GRRRRRRR the dealer is the devil!

I would have to get happy to become pissed off!!!

[rant]

After the repair the mechanic restored the R12 to the AC system and I was happy. It was colder than I remember it ever being. Next day not cold at all. Brought it back, they said the expansion valve was blocked so I had two choices: order one and wait a month (for about 130.00) or have one shipped in from BMA at 30.00 plus 20.00 shipping. No brainer. It got lost so I had to drive 12 hours each way without AC to Laredo. (not just for the valve)

Ok. The car is now at the dealer, (as I was not taking it back to the moron that broke it) going on four days. First they took apart the entire freaking dash because as they said "we don't have the manual" I asked if they have the etk/tis they said yes I said you have the manual. They just got it all back together WITHOUT BACKFLUSHING THE SYSTEM!!!!

Yes you read right they put it together and left the junk that may be there (the old valve was very very dirty) when I asked they said they didn't have the fitting for backflushing R12 systems and started do tell me I need to have it fixed in the States. I said the whole point of doing it here is the need to change to R134 in the U.S. and then why did you do anything if you knew you could not correctly handle the job. Blank stare.

They say they will do their best to get it fixed correctly but may not be able to. I am waiting for the shoe to drop of what does not work since they disassembled the car and all the new creaks I undoubtedly now have.
    [/end rant]

My only question/hope is all the dirt was caught in the old valve, what do you guys think?

[IMG]https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/my350z.com-vbulletin/550x225/80-parkerbsig_5096690e71d912ec1addc4a84e99c374685fc03 8.jpg[/IMG

Sounds like why I fix everything on my car myself: to make sure it gets done right.

"See, we're adding a little something to this month's sales contest. As you all know, first prize is a Cadillac Eldorado. Anyone wanna see second prize? Second prize is a set of steak knives. Third prize is you're fired."

Comment

I don't have the hundreads of dollars in specialized AC equipment necessary to do this job.

[IMG]https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/my350z.com-vbulletin/550x225/80-parkerbsig_5096690e71d912ec1addc4a84e99c374685fc03 8.jpg[/IMG

Comment

Originally posted by e30Matt
        Sounds like why I fix everything on my car myself: to make sure it gets done right.
        I find it very unlikely that you or anyone else here is capable of repairing an A/C system on their own. that's like saying you DIY your own tire installation..
        Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by nando
          I find it very unlikely that you or anyone else here is capable of repairing an A/C system on their own. that's like saying you DIY your own tire installation..
          A/C system repair is not that hard... everyone makes it out to be something terrible because they've never done it and the manuals tell you to "only service by qualified technicians."

As far as detecting/repairing leaks, purging/recharging systems, replacing compressors, condensors, evaporators, receiver/dryers, etc., I've done it several times on a variety of cars. Including two E30s, and an E32.

"See, we're adding a little something to this month's sales contest. As you all know, first prize is a Cadillac Eldorado. Anyone wanna see second prize? Second prize is a set of steak knives. Third prize is you're fired."

Comment

The system has no leak it is a simple replacement of the expansion valve and I would have been happy to do it except I do not have the machinery to capture the old R12 & put in the new. Seeing as it is a dangerous greenhouse gas I am not messing with it without the proper tools.

I left out they removed the front bumper (I have no clue why) when they diagnosed the issue months ago. They scratched it and agreed to repaint it. Why did they not immediately remove it and send it to their bodyshop on Wednesday? Dunno. Did I mention GRRRRRRRRRRRR
            Last edited by parkerbink; 01-13-2006, 06:01 PM.

Comment

ive heard of ppl doing it with long pry bars, or screwdrivers... but then again... there is no way they can balance a wheel after that without the "proper equipment"
              Claus Luthe is my hero.

Comment

Originally posted by parkerbink
                I would have to get happy to become pissed off!!!

[rant]

After the repair the mechanic restored the R12 to the AC system and I was happy. It was colder than I remember it ever being. Next day not cold at all. Brought it back, they said the expansion valve was blocked so I had two choices: order one and wait a month (for about 130.00) or have one shipped in from BMA at 30.00 plus 20.00 shipping. No brainer. It got lost so I had to drive 12 hours each way without AC to Laredo. (not just for the valve)

Ok. The car is now at the dealer, (as I was not taking it back to the moron that broke it) going on four days. First they took apart the entire freaking dash because as they said "we don't have the manual" I asked if they have the etk/tis they said yes I said you have the manual. They just got it all back together WITHOUT BACKFLUSHING THE SYSTEM!!!!

Yes you read right they put it together and left the junk that may be there (the old valve was very very dirty) when I asked they said they didn't have the fitting for backflushing R12 systems and started do tell me I need to have it fixed in the States. I said the whole point of doing it here is the need to change to R134 in the U.S. and then why did you do anything if you knew you could not correctly handle the job. Blank stare.

They say they will do their best to get it fixed correctly but may not be able to. I am waiting for the shoe to drop of what does not work since they disassembled the car and all the new creaks I undoubtedly now have.
                [/end rant]

My only question/hope is all the dirt was caught in the old valve, what do you guys think?

me thinks you should stop going to mexico.... pay the price here and have it done right, you've spent more in gas driving back and forth and the mexicans bill than you would have in the states.......

Comment

I do my own repairs on a/c systems but I work at a dealer.

Sorry to hear about your bad experience, sounds like the tech/advisors you have been working with are a bunch of strokes.

Don't discredit all dealerships, crap like that wouldn't fly at my shop.

Comment

Originally posted by BahnE30
                    me thinks you should stop going to mexico.... pay the price here and have it done right, you've spent more in gas driving back and forth and the mexicans bill than you would have in the states.......
                    I think you should have a clue before you have an opinion. I live in Mexico.

Thanks

Comment

You seem to have some pretty bad luck Stefan. Hope they fix it for you.

RISING EDGE

Let's drive fast and have fun.

Comment

They will or they will pay it is just really frustrating.

I am going to pick it up in 20 minutes. Well see then.

Thanks, TJ.

Comment

Friggin messicans ;)

Comment

Got it back, air is coooooold! now I just hope it still is tomorrow. They did not put one of the big hard to put in knobs that secures the little strip under the gauges in so I have to take the knee bolster off and put it in and somehow they killed my horn. GRRRRRRRRRRR

Comment

glad you got it bacl. Hope the sueaks and creaks aren't to ad on the drive to Cali.
                              Just livin in the OC minus my E30

Comment

Working...
                              X