No announcement yet.

school me on 1 Series

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have you considered the FR-S? Cheaper than the 128i, faster, lighter (2,700lbs) and LSD stock. I'm pretty certain this car will hold it's value better than a 128i as well. It's essentially a modern day E30, but with sportier intentions.[/quote]

+1 on the FRS

Comment

Damn that color looks nice
      Drive it hard. Maintain it well.

Convertible Technical & Discussion
      A Topless Memorandum

Comment

It's such a shame they don't sell the 123d in the states, really fun little car
        We're out there in here.

Comment

I think now would be the best time to buy a new 128i.
          The last of the non turbo straight six, in the smallest chassis available.
          And be sure to take eurodelivery.

87 4dr specE30: Bitsy (lurking above), 89 4dr 325i blau, 91 318is brillrot, 90 325ivertbronzit

Comment

I've considered the frs and brz and have not ruled them out. As an (ahem) "mature" guy who is a department head I'm thinking the 128 might be more my style. If I get either, it will probably be my car for the indefinite future as I'm probably 3-4 years from retirement.
            1990 Alpine 325iC.

Comment

normally I hate Toyotas but ask yourself these questions:

-which one is more likely to have some high dollar, highly stressed engine component/electronics part fail within the first 5 years of ownership?
              -which one is likely to have a major electronic module fail and take down half of the car's electronics?
              -which one will depreciate fastest?

also, the BR-Z looks way better than the 1. The 1 is too tall and pudgy looking. I dunno, other than the 1M, I don't really like them at all.
              Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by DaveNorCal View Post
                I've considered the frs and brz and have not ruled them out. As an (ahem) "mature" guy who is a department head I'm thinking the 128 might be more my style. If I get either, it will probably be my car for the indefinite future as I'm probably 3-4 years from retirement.
                Used Grand Marquis.

:p

I'm not crazy about the 1er's lines either. It definitely looks better in person, but still, if I were older and wanted a new car that is a bit more age-appropriate than an FR-S, I'd look maybe at a 320i ZSP ZMT. Yes, it doesn't have much power, but who cares. You don't need 400 whp to merge on a highway, which is something that is lost on most younger folk.

Me personally, if I were 20 years older, maybe I'd be having a late-ish midlife crisis and be looking at a used Cayman S. It has the light weight of an FR-S, but backs it up with a good amount of power, and has an optional LSD which can be reworked to actually do something useful.

Originally posted by whysimon
                WTF is hello Kitty (I'm 28 with no kids and I don't have cable)

Comment

I had a 2011 135i for 2 years and loved it. No issues with the n55. Its fast. 300 ft lbs of torque available from 1300 rpm all the way up makes it really fun and more usable than a e46 M3. A Burger Tuning piggyback really makes it a little rocket. Just wish it came with a real LSD.

Here's mine before I got rid of it.

Comment

if it was so great, why did you sell it?
                    Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

I think he only liked the available power of it..

Comment

Originally posted by DaveNorCal View Post
                        I would have to agree. The FRS/BRZ just screams "boy racer" to me. Any BMW will be more respected than any Subaru or Scion, it's just the way it is.

Comment

I have an 08 135i. I love it, put about 25k miles in the last year on it. It quick, brakes are amazing, handles good, quiet and comfortable for long drives. I got mine with manual seats and a manual trans!
                          Haven't you ever seen Russian Nesting Dolls? They work like that.

1987 325e / 2008 135i

Comment

There aren't many with a manual transmission. How is the steptronic in terms of performance and reliability?
                            1990 Alpine 325iC.

Comment

Manual trans is the only way i would go, but i have talked to a few people that drove the new DCT... and they said the shifting is fast and precise. I am very curious in driving that one. Test drive them both?
                              sigpic

1989 BMW 325is (SOLD)
                              1990 BMW 325i Brilliantrot (SOLD)
                              1992 BMW 325IC (SOLD)
                              1991 BMW 318IS (STOLEN!)

2017 BMW M2 (WEEKEND WARRIOR)
                              (GRIGIO TELESTO RESPRAY, FULL BOLT ONS, TUNE-HPFP AND TURBO UPGRADE COMING AFTER WARRANTY IS DONE)
                              1989 BMW 325IC (PROJECT(
                              2002 FORD ESCAPE (DAILY)
                              2001 BMW 330CI (FOR SALE SOON)

"R3v, being a bunch of cheap bastards that would try to negotiate a discount on a free engine,"

Comment

I was intrigued a while back to buy a 135 with sport/premium/M packages 2011 with 18k miles, it was white on brown interiors, dct as well. I test drove it and loved it very much.. Was quick and very responsive, shifts were very fast in manual mode as well. Feeled like an e30 but much more modern. In the end i decided to keep my e39 m5.

One of the best threads you will ever read
                                http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=221813

Nice trailer of my e30
                                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TTjtG...e_gdata_player

If i sold you something please leave feedback here
                                http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=217142

Comment

Working...
                                X