2200 miles @ 25mpg + some pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2200 miles @ 25mpg + some pics

I just drove 2200 miles in less than three days the longest stretch was Thursday I drove from Laredo, Tx to Scottsdale, Az. Man am I burnt out.

here are a few pictures I took:

That's while I waited for A&J to open. I got a hose and horn for 10 bucks. They are great!

Sunset in New Mexico

Got 27mpg on one tank the computer was actually accurate.

Scottsdale at 11:30 Man was I tired! 1000+ miles in 19 hours (I waited an hour at A&Js and about an hour killed getting gas/bathrooms/food)

I got into L.A. at noon and went and got the smog and passed so 19# injectors & MarkD's chip don't hurt emissions! (whew) I went to the DMV, so it's registered!
    I am still burnt.
    Last edited by parkerbink; 02-11-2006, 09:54 AM.

[IMG]https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/my350z.com-vbulletin/550x225/80-parkerbsig_5096690e71d912ec1addc4a84e99c374685fc03 8.jpg[/IMG

tiring or not, i bet it was a fun ride. car looks good. you drive all that way for a hose and horn???? (j/k)

Comment

I drove 2300+mi in 40 hours. The last 28hours was nonstop.
      Quit your bitching.

E30 ABS Pump Refurbishment Service
      https://mtechniqueauto.com/

Comment

Nope for a Carney's burger which I had last night! lol

Originally posted by Jordan
        I drove 2300+mi in 40 hours. The last 28hours was nonstop.
        Quit your bitching.
        Got pictures??? video???

lol

Worst part is sitting in the virtually same position. The sports seats are comfortable and have a large range of adjustments but it gets hard on the back & neck. Thank god for the cruise. my knee does not hurt like it did when it was broken.

Seriously Jordan I can't imagine doing much more than the 19 I did I was very tired. I was thinking about Lindburgh that is insane 32 hours in a seat pissing in bottles, damn.
        Last edited by parkerbink; 02-11-2006, 10:02 AM.

[IMG]https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/my350z.com-vbulletin/550x225/80-parkerbsig_5096690e71d912ec1addc4a84e99c374685fc03 8.jpg[/IMG

Comment

Those M3 springs are really starting to sag, what shocks are you running?

Glad you can tollerate long trips because I sure as hell can't :) I get so bored driving home and its less than 3 hours.

RISING EDGE

Let's drive fast and have fun.

Comment

I'm planning on doing about 3k this summer... in the E30.
            The BMW 318 is back. With a vengeance.

Comment

No they are not the car is FULLY and I mean fully loaded. The back seat bottom is in the trunk and the back seat area has 200 plus pounds of stuff plus the top storage area has a bunch of clothes, I have my tools in teh trunk all in all I would say there is about 400 pounds of extra weight on the back tires. I'll post a picture later with nothing in it.

I have Bilstein tourings btw.

Comment

Originally posted by parkerbink
                No they are not the car is FULLY and I mean fully loaded. The back seat bottom is in the trunk and the back seat area has 200 plus pounds of stuff plus the top storage area has a bunch of clothes, I have my tools in teh trunk all in all I would say there is about 400 pounds of extra weight on the back tires. I'll post a picture later with nothing in it.

I have Bilstein tourings btw.
                That makes sense, my car tucks rim when its loaded up :)

RISING EDGE

Comment

Very cool glad every thing went well.

'87 325 (Track Rat)
                  '04 C5500 Wrecker (Work)
                  '94 525i (Daily)
                  '90 325i (R.I.P)
                  H&R Race, Racing Dynamics Sway Bars, Tree House CAB's, Sparco Strut Bars and more.

Comment

Originally posted by parkerbink
                    Seriously Jordan I can't imagine doing much more than the 19 I did I was very tired.
                    and I bet you have functioning cruise control and you used it.

My car was gutted of such devices long ago. By the end of my trip I was pressing the accellerator with my left foot because it was borderline make you cry paintful to do it with my right leg.

Comment

Did you have a co-pilot? Me and my buddy Dan drove 42 straight hours. That's a lot of coffee, crappy food, and one-hitters.

Comment

nice looking car! but a hell of a long ride if you ask me. did the same thing from Louisiana to Illiniois. that is tiring
                        Continuous For Sale Thread
                        323i s50

Comment

again, San Fran to Charlotte, 46 hours non stop, in a 45hp VW.
                          BEERTECH

Comment

When did this become a competition?

RISING EDGE

Comment

Originally posted by Digitalwave
                              When did this become a competition?
                              Right after you came out of the closet after whatshervirginface broke up with you.

Comment

Working...
                              X