No announcement yet.

Help me out with your opinion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The wiring would be number one on my list. I would get it done while I was waiting on my skid plate. I went with peerless skid plate/HIK. I no longer worry about my oil pan. Source some carpet and a shift boot and run it like that for a while. I personally like the color. You have a CD player. Winter is coming so you don't have to worry about A/C. If you don't have LSD I would put that high up on the to do list over the winter. Just clean it up and figure out what you like. But I would seriously work on the wiring, that looks like a mess that is going cause you issues. Do you have a bunch of lights on, on your dash? Does everything work like ABS and CEL? I live in PA, if you need any help with your wiring.
    How to remove, install or convert to pop out windows
    http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=297611

Could be better, could be worse.

Comment

Originally posted by rzerob View Post
      The wiring would be number one on my list. I would get it done while I was waiting on my skid plate. I went with peerless skid plate/HIK. I no longer worry about my oil pan. Source some carpet and a shift boot and run it like that for a while. I personally like the color. You have a CD player. Winter is coming so you don't have to worry about A/C. If you don't have LSD I would put that high up on the to do list over the winter. Just clean it up and figure out what you like. But I would seriously work on the wiring, that looks like a mess that is going cause you issues. Do you have a bunch of lights on, on your dash? Does everything work like ABS and CEL? I live in PA, if you need any help with your wiring.
      I'm starting to clean the wiring up, but some of it is kind of crazy for a 17yo.. Haha the brake lining light is on and check engine light. But the engine was rebuilt 90,xxx. The wiring seems solid just all over.

Comment

Track it.

t
        now, sometimes I just mess with people. It's more entertaining that way. george graves

Comment

Originally posted by TobyB View Post
          Track it.

t

lol this...

also yoshi helped out on the wiring ;D
          Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Trust me it stock :yawn:

Comment

are you for real? haha. It really does look like his work. :(
            Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Is that aluminum foil on your wiring harness?:tsk:
              Looks like a sweet car though, I would honestly leave it alone other than fixing the harness and getting carpet and a shift boot. As others have said though, a little drop never hurts:)

1988 BMW 325 - S50B30US
              Instagram "Build Thread" - http://instagram.com/jfchiu

Comment

Great, another Delphin in the Lehigh Valley ;-). I think I have a late model valence you can have. It needs a little love but the price is right.

Your car should have a LSD, should. My 87 is has a 3.73 LSD which is why I say that. I don't have too much free time but could lend a hand with some stuff if you need something.

Clean up the wiring, look for a set of weaves or bottle caps (might have a line on caps) and run snows for winter and lower it in the spring.

Most important, have fun!
                09 BMW 328xi touring 6spd
                05 Subaru Outback XT 5spd
                87 BMW 325is
                a few bicycles

Comment

I'm gonna tell you what I wish I had listened to when I was 17.

You've got a wicked car right there and you're 17 years old. Fix all the stupid little things and don't worry about things like bumper swaps, more low, tarboz and other shit you really don't need to be thinking about right now.

Clean up the wiring, get some decent carpet and install it, check for cracked/worn out rubber suspension bushes and subframe mounts, give it a wash and wax, detail it and save your money. I know that it probably seems like having the fastest car in town is important and obtainable goal right now, but it's not, especially at your age.

Fix all the little stuff, save money and take it to the track once you're ready. You'll really be shocked how much you don't know and it will keep you from trying out stupid shit on the street.

Just remember, all the guys with S54s, E30M3's, 500 hp turbo cars and prestine show pieces all have 10, 20, 30, years on you. Don't compare yourself or your cars to others becuase that's just a 1 way ticket to never being happy with what you have.

Basically, keep it simple, keep it realistic, and have some (safe) fun with it.
                  For all things 24v, check out Markert Motorworks!
                  Originally posted by mbonanni
                  I hate modded emtree, I hate modded cawrz, I hate jdm, I hate swag, I hate stanceyolokids, I hate bags (on cars), I hate stuff that is slowz, I hate tires.

I am a pursit now.

Comment

Get some Euro goodies for it, drop it and some nice wheels indeed

BMW Parts Shipped Worldwide

Comment

Originally posted by Roysneon View Post

You've got a wicked car right there and you're 17 years old. Fix all the stupid little things and don't worry about things like bumper swaps, more low, tarboz and other shit you really don't need to be thinking about right now.

Clean up the wiring, get some decent carpet and install it, check for cracked/worn out rubber suspension bushes and subframe mounts, give it a wash and wax, detail it and save your money. I know that it probably seems like having the fastest car in town is important and obtainable goal right now, but it's not, especially at your age.

Fix all the little stuff, save money and take it to the track once you're ready. You'll really be shocked how much you don't know and it will keep you from trying out stupid shit on the street.

Just remember, all the guys with S54s, E30M3's, 500 hp turbo cars and prestine show pieces all have 10, 20, 30, years on you. Don't compare yourself or your cars to others becuase that's just a 1 way ticket to never being happy with what you have.

agreed

oh, if I could go back in time.. I'd kick myself in the face for doing a V8 swap when my car had a perfectly capable (and interesting) motor.
                      Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Solid advice.

In general you shouldn't compare your car/stuff to anyone else's though. Be an individual.
                        - Josh
                        1990 325is

Need a shift boot?
                        Looking to buy shift boot frames, PM if you have one to sell

Here's what happens when you let the internet pick your license plate

Comment

Originally posted by Cletonius View Post
                          Be an individual.
                          Just not "weld pieces from other makes of cars on to yours to make it look like something it isn't" individual.
                          Originally posted by kronus
                          would be in depending on tip slant and tube size

Comment

Originally posted by agent View Post
                            Just not "weld pieces from other makes of cars on to yours to make it look like something it isn't" individual.
                            Lol, yeah. That Subaru bastardization was odd.
                            - Josh
                            1990 325is

Need a shift boot?
                            Looking to buy shift boot frames, PM if you have one to sell

Here's what happens when you let the internet pick your license plate

Comment

I would definitely echo others and say clean up that engine bay (wiring) and get some sound deadener and carpet.. Also you will be shocked as to how much road noise comes through that shifter. Plug it with some foam and tape and a cover and enjoy the silence. Of course, maintenance and safety first will take you farther with this car than mods for looks.

Comment

Thank you, I was hoping to keep it simple and clean. I only made the statement about beating the kids in the school because I go to a private school and all the kids didnt buy their car, their parents did.. it's my mom sister and I, I had to work for my car and do the work on it while their daddy's pay for it. Plus E30's have more character then any Subaru.. That's why I got it. But I don't do anything stupid when I drive, worst thing I do Is a burnout in a parking lot once and a blue moon.
                                Last edited by OneCleanE30; 08-28-2013, 02:36 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X