family vehicle recommendations?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

family vehicle recommendations?

well, last night the old family expedition blew a headgasket, and to me, it's not worth fixing (quite frankly, i hate the stupid thing). Anybody have a good recommendation for a new family vehicle? My budget is $17k, needs to seat at least 7 (we have 5 kids when my oldest comes home from school and the other 4 are in car seat/boosters), would like more cargo room than the expedition had (hated that thing), must have leather, must have power gate (my wife has severe rheumatoid). If it's a van (completely open to that), it must have power sliding doors. Currently looking at Acadia's, Enclave's, XC90's, Odyssey's, and Sienna's... anything I'm missing? Anything I should watch out for in the above vehicles?
    My Build Thread

If you get a mazda 5 you can still have a 5 speed if thats your thing. Might be a tad small though.

Comment

yeah, too small. 5 speed would be fun, but don't really care about it.
      My Build Thread

Comment

two E30 4-doors.

:p

I don't know a ton about Vans but we had a Dodge van as a rental (whatever their new model was). My god what a piece of shit..
        Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

give some of your kids away. too many.

Comment

Powerstroke Excursion.

Do it.

Comment

sell 3 of the kids and keep the e30
              put s54 into said e30
              pocket the 7k for the 2 kid's educations
              Much wow
              I hate 4 doors

Comment

LOL at all of you!!!
                e30 is not going anywhere, and neither is the wagon. Expedition will be sold off cheap or donated. You'll think I'm crazy, but we have our kids by choice. only the oldest was an accident (LOL), the other 4 we adopted out of the foster care system (2 separate adoptions, 2 separate families, etc...). Trust me, I'd love to give a couple back sometimes.
                My Build Thread

Comment

without question xc90. you couldnt pay me to drive any of the others

also Toyota Highlander
                  Much wow
                  I hate 4 doors

Comment

Honda odessey. my mom and little siblings beat the shit out of the thing and it wont die. Toyota sienna also.
                    = Heidi 1988 325 -> 335i. 7200rpm built M30

Comment

+1 honda odyssey. not fun to drive, but a very practical and reliable people mover
                      1989 cirrisblau-metallic 325i

Comment

Originally posted by totheredline View Post
                        Honda odessey. my mom and little siblings beat the shit out of the thing and it wont die. Toyota sienna also.
                        This, this, and this!

Seriously. Minivans are amazing at what they do. SUV's for family vehicles are horrible. I know people who put hundreds of thousands of miles on Odysseys, and I'm talking rally road miles. These vans take the abuse, and still drive amazing. Fuel economy and maintenance is stellar as well.
                        1985 M10b18. 70maybewhpoffury. Over engineered S50b30 murica BBQ swap in progress.

Originally posted by DEV0 E30
                        You'd chugg this butt. I know you would. Ain't gotta' lie to kick it brostantinople.

Comment

What year was the expedition? Father in law has a 2006, the Eddie Edition, I believe. Within 2 months of ownership (the car was purchase new), the diff blew up. Lucky it was under warranty and the car has been bullet proof since. So 7 years without any issues but the car only has 89k on it.

My friend's odyssey's tranny blew up. She got a replacement from a salvage yard $1500) and a year later that blew up. Ended up buying one from the dealer at $4500 installed.

I'd be incline to a toyota/lexus SUV of some kind. Last year productions whenever possible.

Javier

Comment

Range rover, plenty of room and it looks cool and is capable to boot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
                            88 325is Five Speed
                            Lachssilber

Comment

odyssey all day. Drove my dads while visiting and while very vanilla it does all you could ask for.. and does it well. Ton of space, decent pickup, ok fuel consumption for a van etc.... but their not cheap espc with leather power doors etc. I was shocked when I looked at van prices. Routans are nice looking for a van but never driven one.

Comment

Working...
                              X