Ah yes, the joys of living in a house.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ah yes, the joys of living in a house.

After 10+ months of living in an appartment in Austin boy am I glad to be away from the city and living in a house, even if it be a duplex.

Having no place to work on your car sucks. My old appartment had a rediculous nazi policy about it. Not so much as checking your oil.

Now I have a driveway, a spacious 1 car garage, and a garden hose!! lol.

I know alot of you won't appreciate it, you take it for granted when living at home with the parents... but you should appreciate the resource while you can.

I spent 3 hours today washing my car, waxing, and dressing. I should have clay bared too (it needs it) but I don't have any good clay. I'll have to buy some more.

First time the car has been hand washed in 10 months. :neutral:

E30 ABS Pump Refurbishment Service
    https://mtechniqueauto.com/

Next things on the "to do" list is cleaning the previous tenant's oil stains off the driveway and garage, and sealing the garage with a nice epoxy floor coating.

Comment

I hear yah about the garage, thank god I talked my 'rents into letting me store my bimmer at there place...garage = awesome.

Comment

Nice. I'm definitely not looking forward to parking on the street when I move into my studio in NW Portland. I don't really wanna shell out the $100 per month for a tiny ass spot (non-covered) in their lot.
        Originally posted by Gruelius
        and i do not know what bugg brakes are.

Comment

Originally posted by Jordan
          I know alot of you won't appreciate it, you take it for granted when living at home with the parents... but you should appreciate the resource while you can.
          Believe me, i appreciate it.

Congratulations on the place, looks tidy.

Comment

Garage looks almost big enough with a set of casters to be able tp spin the car sideways in side? Would you have enough room to pull a car in foward?

Comment

Yeah.. if you had a e30 "parallel parked" at the front, you could JUST fit another e30 normal nosed in behind it.

The garage is well and good when it comes to size. In the next couple months I will really be doing some work in there. Installing good lights (currently has a single 60watt bulb...) peg board a wall.. nice big tool chest, big 220v 60gal compressor. All the goodies :)

Comment

I need a third bay. And I need it to be that empty.
                Current Cars
                2014 M235i
                2009 R56 Cooper S
                1998 M3
                1997 M3

Comment

garages ftw.
                  : : 1984 318i : : PNW E30 Crew : : Sold!!
                  Now becoming the R3vlimited Pro3 car
                  http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=93780

Comment

I need to clear out some crap . . . .
                    Attached Files
                    Current Cars
                    2014 M235i
                    2009 R56 Cooper S
                    1998 M3
                    1997 M3

Comment

Congratulations! We have room for 6 cars inside and four more in the driveway! I understand completely with you guys of the need for more garage space!

Congratulations!

[IMG]https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/my350z.com-vbulletin/550x225/80-parkerbsig_5096690e71d912ec1addc4a84e99c374685fc03 8.jpg[/IMG

Comment

an i thought i had alot of car stuff that i need to get rid of, jebus
                        Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Originally posted by TimKninja
                        Im more afraid of this thread turning into one of those classic R3v moments, where Pizza gets delivered.

Comment

to reiterate my appreciation for living at home, last winter:

different story this year though, no winter beater.

Comment

That is a pretty decent garage for a one holer. Were looking at a townhome with a 2 car for next year. Maybe after that a real house.
                            Im now E30less.
                            sigpic

Comment

Dude,
                              Fuck the floor paint.

You're renting. You're not buying. Spending money on Capital improvements on the house your renting is the landlords job, not yours. Unless they are cutting you a price break on rent... dont do that shit. Cleaning the driveway/garage.... ok. Painting the garage floor? No way.

Just my $.02
                              Congrats on finding a good new place either way Jordan.
                              Below the radar...

Comment

Working...
                              X