The Official 2014 Formula 1 thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by naplesE30 View Post
    Did he go under the loader? I remember a few years back, (maybee spa 2008) where 3,4 cars went off and one gently nudged a loader at the the end of la source maybee.

The track should be able to control the amount of throttle or speed in a local yellow area. Like they do with indoor go karts, this could help take away any grey area as to how slow to go in a local yellow. Its an idea, not sure how feasible it would be.

Yea, he went into the back of the crane, which is why you couldn't see it from the shot NBC had. That would mean giving the FIA control over the cars power, and then you'd have a ton of "favoritism" conspiracies and it would become a freak shitstorm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Originally posted by flyboyx
    how about if i yank the anal beads out of your ass like i'm trying to pull start a chain saw?
    Originally posted by Northern
    beer is my new liver cleanse.

Henna - '84 Hennarot 325e
    Lola - '89 Schwarz 325is - being saved
    Christine - '88 Schwarz 325is - Spec E30 Racecar
    '01 White F150 Lariat 4x4 Supercrew - Daily
    Dad's '05 Interlagosblau M3

Comment

Originally posted by Jand3rson View Post
      I think Button has lost his edge since the passing of his father. Extremely unfortunate, but he was having problems before then. He's been on a downward slop ever since his championship season with Braun GP, and his father passing away has now just compounded it.
      Not sure I entirely agree, he outscored Hameeeelton I think every year there were teammates.
      Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
      Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
      One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

Originally posted by z31maniac View Post
        Not sure I entirely agree, he outscored Hameeeelton I think every year there were teammates.

It's because Button is (was) more consistent than Hamilton. Hamilton is much more flamboyant, and he pays a price for it

how about if i yank the anal beads out of your ass like i'm trying to pull start a chain saw?

Comment

Fan video of bianchi crash

My E30 v1.0 | v2.0 | v3.0 | My E28 |My E34 | My feedback

Comment

Originally posted by Eric View Post
            Fan video of bianchi crash

Not good.

Tts hard to say if his head hit the truck, obviously did but the gforce from the impact would have been huge.
            sigpic

Comment

Whoa that was a brutal crash and under yellow too. Mechanical failure of throttle?
              https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

Yeah, It's really hard to tell how he came out. The few images I have found, there is no bodywork from the drivers seat backwards, and the tallest thing on the car is JB's helmet.

I am interested to see an onboard, telemetry, or wide shot to see how it happened. It seemed odd for him to be headed straight on, with no rotational motion. I'm thinking brake failure of some sort.
                -tim
                Originally posted by Jordan
                I like the stance
                -Coining hip terms since 10/9/03

Comment

Originally posted by M-technik-3 View Post
                  Whoa that was a brutal crash and under yellow too. Mechanical failure of throttle?
                  It was only a local yellow, the SC didn't come out until after JB's crash.

www.gutenparts.com

Comment

Originally posted by Philo View Post
                    Yeah, It's really hard to tell how he came out. The few images I have found, there is no bodywork from the drivers seat backwards, and the tallest thing on the car is JB's helmet.

I am interested to see an onboard, telemetry, or wide shot to see how it happened. It seemed odd for him to be headed straight on, with no rotational motion. I'm thinking brake failure of some sort.

Maybe the steeering wheel shut off? Shut off all power controls? No brakes, no steering, and your coming through there pretty quick.. A lot of teams were having issues with the wheels on race day.

Comment

F1Today is saying Hamilton has already signed a contract with McLaren although Dennis is denying it. Crazy Season

Comment

F1Today is saying Hamilton has already signed a contract with McLaren although Dennis is denying it. Crazy Season
                        Notoriously sketchy web site.

www.gutenparts.com

Comment

Such a sad situation with Bianchi. It may be a hard sale, but he could have been onto Ferrari in a couple years. The condition he has does not sound good, but let's hope he beats the odds

As for the crash, I have a feeling he was chasing the backend and the front end caught, sending the car straight on at speed. Just bad luck.

Originally posted by vlad
                          Do you know anybody else who built that many bad ass E30s?

Comment

He renewed his contract with Mercedes earlier this year. I believe the week before Silverstone

Comment

Twas roberg. Hamilton is on his 2nd year of a 3 year contract. It would make sense if he went to McLaren and alonso went to merc. Merc wouldnt have to deal with the rivalry of hammy rosberg ( altbough you would be trading one problem for another), and hamilton has a great rationship with Dennis. Also he idiolized Senna, winning a championship with McLaren powerd by honda. Kinda tugs at the heart strings. However like z31 said not a real reliable source.

Comment

The Official 2014 Formula 1 thread.

I don't see that happening.. I would highly doubt Mercedes would let him out of his contract unless they had an equal driver lined up already (i.e Vettel). They wouldn't want to risk losing out a top tier driver with no other top tier driver to fill in.

Unless they wanted to make Nico their sole #1 and bring up a lesser driver (say a Magnussen type) so that way there is no struggle for power/order in the team.

Last edited by HennaE30; 10-09-2014, 02:51 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X