Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are e34 m5 wheels called throwing stars?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are e34 m5 wheels called throwing stars?

a guy from rochester got an e34 m5 to part out, and he mentioned the throwing star wheels.

I thought only these were referred to as throwing stars?

not that it matters
    Originally posted by blunt
    can you get me a deal on cases of their (fiji) bottled water? i wash my 02 in that shit

yes, but the wheel pictured above does not have the cover on it, that's why it looks different (the E30 replica wheels don't have a removable cover).
    Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

E34 M5 rims come as M system I (fan cover) and M system II (throwing star cover). The rim itself is the same but the cover is different. It's not obvious but the throwing star cover is removable.
      "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
      88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
      89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
      91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

yea you need the throwing star covers to put on them.
        sigpic

Comment

It's also worth noting that in the OG throwing stars, all the stars point in the same direction. It's symmetrical on the right and left sides. In the E30 replicas, all 4 wheels are the same shape so when you put them on the car, the right and the left won't be symmetrical.

Comment

yup even up close the wheels with the stars on look tole they are one. Ive seen tons of the star covers but i think the turbines are a bit more rare. someone coret me if im wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by E30-330i
              Ive seen tons of the star covers but i think the turbines are a bit more rare. someone coret me if im wrong.

yeap, Turbines are HOT ! I got them for the track, getting painted white as we speak to look like this

Comment

The only negative thing about the turbine is it looks like hub caps from a distance.

Comment

Originally posted by SchnellerVert
                  The only negative thing about the turbine is it looks like hub caps from a distance.
                  true BUT not if they are painted

Comment

Originally posted by vlad

Yeah, you have fun cleaning those.

Turbines aren't all that rare, they appeared on nearly every '91 M5 in America...not even counting anything overseas. I think you don't see them too much because they're sitting in people's garages for reasons mentioned by Greg.
                    Trevor Ely
                    '95 M Sport 540i - '00 A4 1.8TQMS - '85 190E 2.3-16
                    '88 535is - '87 325e - '89 325is - '91 318is - '90 325is - '96 328is

Comment

Originally posted by vlad

Why are the fronts reverse of the rear? seems like only the rear ones are going to be functional directed like that...

Comment

Wait.

We're saying that e34 M5 throwing stars are just covers on the above pictured wheels? I'm calling BS.

I'm almost positive the throwing stars are just the same as our replica wheels - cast/forged aluminum. No stupid ass covers.

Anyways, Andre, I want those wheels more than anything. I love them so much. No covers - just as they are in your first pic. So beautiful. And FORGED.

Comment

Real throwing stars had the covers.

And the turbines are sick. My buddy's Dad has a 91 euro m5 with them and it is seriously one of my favorite BMW's of all time. So simple and clean. Fucking incredible.
                          Back to my roots

Comment

Originally posted by SchnellerVert
                            That's because they are. M5 wheel without covers rule.

Comment

Originally posted by Bimmerfanatik
                              Wait.

We're saying that e34 M5 throwing stars are just covers on the above pictured wheels? I'm calling BS.

I'm almost positive the throwing stars are just the same as our replica wheels - cast/forged aluminum. No stupid ass covers.

Anyways, Andre, I want those wheels more than anything. I love them so much. No covers - just as they are in your first pic. So beautiful. And FORGED.

well you are wrong, real throwing stars = covers.

Comment

Working...
                              X