Has anybody lemon law a vehicle before?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has anybody lemon law a vehicle before?

I have a 2013 kia optima sxl that my wife drives. We have taken it into kia now for the 4th time with the "auto hold" brake issue. We have hired a lemon law attorney that my wifes old boss knows and has used him several times with great results. Just checking to see what you guys have done before or currently maybe doing in a case just like this. California law states vehicle has to be returned to the dealer and they are given 4 times to try and correct the issue (has to be the same issue 4 times or more) then we can pursue and open a case and they have 30 days to reply. My wife not once was offered a rental car and the end result was the just started throwing parts on the car.
    Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

garage queen 91 bmw 325is / 1972 Chevy El Camino 355 sbc 450hp

You bought a Kia and didn't expect to have a lemon?
    sigpic

Comment

lol i was expecting shitz like that to be said............but seriously here.
      Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Was it actually inoperative for 30 total days? From my understanding of CA lemon law you need to meet multiple criteria. Assuming you meet all of the criteria your first step is to notify the manufacturer in writing of your position, not the dealer, don't go down that road.

It's doubtful that you will actually need a lawyer as arbitration frequently favors the complainant in CA, but it can't hurt to have one.

Comment

^^ this

Had GM take back a Silverado truck, no lawyer involved. Had to stand firm as GM kept trying to make lesser offers of compromise, but after 30 total days of warranty time at the dealer, I successfully lemoned it back to them. I think it reflected badly on the dealer who had it in for repairs, they were somewhat shocked when they found out I had invoked my rights under the lemon law. Told them it wasn't personal, just a $50k truck that didn't inspire confidence anymore.

Comment

i work for kia. is the issue pertaining to the electric parking brake or the hill assist? sucks to hear you are having problems with the car. What dealership is doing the "repairs"?

Turbo M42 Build Thread :Here
            Ig:ryno_pzk
            I like the tuna here.
            Originally posted by lambo
            Buttchug. The official poster child of r3v.

Comment

Originally posted by dannyyisntt View Post
              You bought a Kia and didn't expect to have a lemon?
              Right, cause you could buy a GM and just get killed by the thing, right?
              ---E30 320i Hennarot 1984 Sedan---

Comment

Originally posted by Coyote_ar View Post
                ba-dum-tsh!
                Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by Coyote_ar View Post

Yeah because I definitely told him he should have bought 'merican.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Dj Buttchug View Post
                    i work for kia. is the issue pertaining to the electric parking brake or the hill assist? sucks to hear you are having problems with the car. What dealership is doing the "repairs"?
                    The autohold and the EPS lights came on IN YELLOW when she was driving afew times and one time she couldnt get the car to release from park. She had to turn the car off and back on to make it go away. My wife didnt have the feature on nor had it enaged to set it either. It just comes on automatic like it was turned on. The dealer is allstar kia in fontana. Not once was she offered a rental and they were going to get a dealer rep to come out and he didnt come out and then they were told by the rep to shoving parts on at that point. The writer there told us that there dealer didnt know what to do straight out to me and my wife's face. I dont have any confidence in the car or the dealer or manufacture at this point. The brake pedal got hard one time after starting the car also and since day 1 from when we bought the car over a year ago the right upper bolster on the right front seat looks like there is something pushing from the inside out,they have been trying to get a seat from kia. Our interior is black leather w/black stitching and they keep getting a black seat with white stitching. WTF ?
                    Last edited by QUKBMER; 10-29-2014, 08:03 AM.

Comment

My Calif. lemon law experience was a success. Also no lawyer involved. After 5 trips for air conditioning problems with a Ford expedition, ford bought the vehicle back & gave me a big fat check. They gave me the option to buy another one, at cost, but I declined.

Comment

Does this work with used cars too, or is it only on a brand new car?
                        Simon
                        Current Cars:
                        -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

MERICA and E30's!
                          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                            Does this work with used cars too, or is it only on a brand new car?
                            Only new cars.

Comment

Working...
                            X