Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who Has A Convertible? How Do You Like It?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who Has A Convertible? How Do You Like It?

I have only ever had E30 coupes (4 of 'em, now) --- but know of someone selling a 'vert for a reasonable price.

How do you guys like 'em?

Are they really that much fun w/ the top down? In hot weather?

Would you rather have a coupe, or do you like your 'vert?

Thanks!

I've owned a convertible since 2003 and for the most part I've enjoyed it. I haven't put the top down NEARLY as much as one would think (10 times/year). I'm just not the convertible type. When compared to the coupes, they are less rigid, but still hold their own.

I really want to sell mine before the summer is over and get a coupe or sedan to take back to school with me. If anyone is interested I can give you details.
    Estoril E36 M3/4/5 | Toledo E53 X5 3.0 | LeMans E90 335D M-Sport

Comment

I prefer coupes just for the practicality aspect. Id hate to have to run out in a downpour everytime it started to rain, etc. Plus the coupes are lighter, more agile, and have a better profile IM0.
      Back to my roots

Comment

i've owned several coupes and a touring. I finally picked up a 325ic the other day and i've asked myself that same question. I take the top down often, and enjoy the wind in my hair... but what truly wins this car over is the pimp factor it has. You just look good driving it. 2 tips: stay away from power tops and keep sunscreen in the car.

Julien
        Build Threads:
        Pamela/Bella/Betty/325ix/5-Lug Seta/S60R/Miata ITB/Miata Turbo/Miata VVT/951/325xi-6

Comment

i love it. i couldnt get enough of mine when I had it.. check my gallery...

it was a '92 and i agree with redbull... man the power top sux. they never work. such a complicated system that it breaks down every 3 uses.. forget that. just do manual.
          Recent Rebranding!!
          Visit Garageaholic for all of your E30 Swap Needs!
          E30 SM62/S62
          E30 M60 V8
          E30 M30 Big 6!

Check out this E36 N54 Swap Build
          Instagram.com/garageaholic
          Youtube.com/garageaholic

Comment

love it even though its been 100 degrees here the past couple of days, I still roll with the top down.
            Renting my rear wheel bearing tool kit. SIR
            http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c5...ps6debf0b0.jpg

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

I love my cabby. haha 10x a year. I've had my car back for like a week and the top has only come up for when i have to park it downtown. I would have to agree that it feels a little loose but if you are hardcore you can just stick in a bpillar type bar and buy all the suspension stuff i bought and your car will feel nice and stiff. I would say the only real draw backs to the cabby is that it is loud as hell if you have a catback exhaust and you get these nice little squeking noises when you drive around. Don't worry though, you'll love it if you get a cabby trust me.

Hey topless, PM the info on your car. My dad is looking for an e30 and he loves my cabby and wants one just like mine.

-Ali

Comment

My dads had one since 2000, we enjoy it all summer. Living in the PNW we don't get to enjoy it nearly enough. It's his daily driver and he's never had any issues besides the usual mechanical, no convertible issues. We've even enjoyed it on newyears eve and such during the winter ever so often.

Comment

love the convertible. i asked myself the same question about how often i would have the top down. truth is, the only time its up is when my girlfriend doesnt want to "mess up her hair" or its raining. definetly leave sunblock in the car, i have gotten quite a bit darker since i started driving this car...and get ready for people to start making fun of you because you have un-tanned lines on your face from sunglasses. other than that, its a pimp mobile.

Comment

Originally posted by chriskb3
                    and get ready for people to start making fun of you because you have un-tanned lines on your face from sunglasses. other than that, its a pimp mobile.
                    yeah, but that beats having one arm darker than the other when your driving around in a coupe
                    Renting my rear wheel bearing tool kit. SIR
                    http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c5...ps6debf0b0.jpg

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

///M42 sport

You have the best sig i've seen in a while. Very nice
                      Recent Rebranding!!
                      Visit Garageaholic for all of your E30 Swap Needs!
                      E30 SM62/S62
                      E30 M60 V8
                      E30 M30 Big 6!

Check out this E36 N54 Swap Build
                      Instagram.com/garageaholic
                      Youtube.com/garageaholic

Comment

Cabrio = CHICK CAR !!

E30 M3 / E30 325is / E34 525iT / E34 535i

Comment

Originally posted by ///M42 sport
                          yeah, but that beats having one arm darker than the other when your driving around in a coupe
                          HAHA yeah, ive been there too.

I think it depends on the car wether or not to classify it as a girl car.

Comment

Ok . Big bumpers and centercapless Alpinas = CHICK CAR !! :down:

E30 M3 / E30 325is / E34 525iT / E34 535i

Comment

Originally posted by Teaguer
                              Cabrio = CHICK CAR !!

Teaguer's just nervous.

Comment

Working...
                              X