A godsend for those with lowered cars?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A godsend for those with lowered cars?

Someone mentioned these on bf.c today, so I Googled them. They're ramps made specifically for lowered vehicles, giving enough ground clearance to easily fit a floor jack underneath. I'm strongly considering buying a set very soon.

http://www.rallysportdirect.com/shop...53641fa3c07884

i made my own out of scrap wood.

Comment

those would work much better than the 2x4s i have been using lol!

Comment

or just buy a decent jack?

Comment

Originally posted by e304me
          or just buy a decent jack?
          My dad bought that very very low craftsman aluminum jack.

STILL doesn't fit underneath my car - I always have to raise my car slightly using the stock jack to get a floorjack underneath it.

I'll probably just make some ramps on my own. Those are abit too pricey. lol
          - Sean Hayes

Comment

Originally posted by Sean

STILL doesn't fit underneath my car - I always have to raise my car slightly using the stock jack to get a floorjack underneath it.

That's true, they are pretty pricey. I could make some ramps of my own for a fraction of that price.

And "buying a decent jack" won't solve the fact that even if I get the lowest profile jack there is, once I get the jack under the jacking point, I still don't have any room to physically move the handle and jack up the car.

Comment

What suspension are you running? I am sitting on IE stage 3's and bilstein sports and I can fit that jack under my car just fine.

Comment

Waste of money.

Just drive up on a couple planks of wood. Very easy and far cheaper.

Comment

Damn, $80! I just keep a couple of blocks of wood in my trunk for my stock jack and my floor jack goes low enough w/o wood.

Comment

Originally posted by Low Level E30
                    Waste of money.

Just drive up on a couple planks of wood. Very easy and far cheaper.
                    jup jup
                    sigpicM42 Brigade ... Throwing craze in the 318

Comment

Originally posted by Eurospeed
                      And "buying a decent jack" won't solve the fact that even if I get the lowest profile jack there is, once I get the jack under the jacking point, I still don't have any room to physically move the handle and jack up the car.
                      Uh, yeah, it will. But you have to buy a REALLY REALLY REALLY decent jack like this:

http://www.drivewerks.com/catalog/sh...ACHyd1_pg1.htm

http://www.ac-hydraulic.com/uk/index_ws.htm

[THE 501 club - Founding Member]

Comment

Originally posted by h0lmes
                        What suspension are you running? I am sitting on IE stage 3's and bilstein sports and I can fit that jack under my car just fine.
                        IE 3's w/ Koni SA's and no spring pads in front.

Mine seems to be lower than other IE3 cars - postmaster has IE3's and Bilsteins - and my car sits lower.
                        - Sean Hayes

Comment

IE 3's w/ Koni SA's and no spring pads in front.

Mine seems to be lower than other IE3 cars - postmaster has IE3's and Bilsteins - and my car sits lower.
                          It's the konis. A local guy has H&R sports with Konis and he is as low as IE and billy cars.

I made some ramps out of 2x4's, mitred them @ 45* to make them easy to drive up, and screwed two together. Works like a charm, and I can lift the car by the front subframe without troubles.

Keep it slideways!!

Comment

Originally posted by RCWells
                            Now THAT is my idea of a jack. I've read up on them and they are perfect for lowered cars with the jackpad just 3" off the ground in the lowest position. I think even H&R Cup kit guys can squeeze one of these bad boys under their cars.

Jon
                            Rides...
                            1991 325i - sold :(
                            2004 2WD Frontier King Cab

RIP #17 Jules Bianchi

Comment

Man you guys must be slammed or something. I can slide my floor jack under my frame rail and have an inch to spare.
                              Im now E30less.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X