Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hey i need some help i might be buying this e30 tomorrow?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey i need some help i might be buying this e30 tomorrow?

Is it worth it? I think i can get it from the guy for 800. He told me its chipped with a higher rev limiter. I'd be using it as a daily and probably put an lsd in it for some fun. Please help me I'm a noob;)

It could be a great DD. Not sure how well the 325es responds to chip tuning. It is designed for economy.
    ACS S3 Build / Dinan 5 E34

Comment

I'd daily an ES in a heart beat. For the price you can't beat it. Old single stage red paint takes well to a good buffing also.
      91 318is M50 swapped
      05 Honda Pilot

24V swap thread
      http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=302524

Comment

Looks pretty beat up man. Offer $500, if he doesn't accept just walk away.
        sigpic

1999 528it - Daily Driver “Dad Wagon”
        1991 325is - 2.8L Budget Stroker Garage Slut
        1991 318is - Sold
        1986 325 - Sold

Instagram - Lamoursum

Comment

Coolant overflow into the washer fluid reservoir?

Comment

Originally posted by Cephas View Post

Ha! I missed that. Yea I'd offer him $500 and see what he'll take
            91 318is M50 swapped
            05 Honda Pilot

24V swap thread
            http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=302524

Comment

I don't see much in the way of rust. IMO any decently running and driving E30 with no major body issues is worth at least $1000. I'd go get it.

Comment

Originally posted by Cephas View Post

Whats going on? Fill me in guys im a rookie.;D

Comment

Originally posted by rturbo 930 View Post
                  I don't see much in the way of rust. IMO any decently running and driving E30 with no major body issues is worth at least $1000. I'd go get it.
                  He told me theres "no rust" i dont see how thats possible but it looks rust free.. until i go look at it tomorrow Lol

Comment

It could be overheating and puking water, or it has been overheating, puked the head gasket
                    and it's about ready to die.

But around here, for $800, if it's not too scruffy or stinky in person, that's not a terrible
                    gamble- it's really hard to find a nice DD E30 for under 3k.

Go look.

And see if it overheats when you take it on the freeway.

They don't rust around here. The E30's only a 'rustbucket' in the rustbelt.

t
                    now, sometimes I just mess with people. It's more entertaining that way. george graves

Comment

Originally posted by TobyB View Post
                      It could be overheating and puking water, or it has been overheating, puked the head gasket
                      and it's about ready to die.

But around here, for $800, if it's not too scruffy or stinky in person, that's not a terrible
                      gamble- it's really hard to find a nice DD E30 for under 3k.

Go look.

And see if it overheats when you take it on the freeway.

They don't rust around here. The E30's only a 'rustbucket' in the rustbelt.

t
                      so regardless its not a good situation either way? the guy told me "engine runs strong" of course hes moving soon he could be lying.. :???:

Comment

I have a DD currently 1995 ford aspire LOL, 60 hp to the front wheels baby.. anyways I'm 17 and going to be making roughly 2500 this summer doing my summer job. Is it worth the risk? My dad is pretty good with cars hes building a model T right now and has always been a gearhead since he was my age. Should i save my money for a cleaner e30 at the end of the summer or get this one thats a little rougher but could fix up good? Idk im torn between what to do, i feel like this price is pretty fair. How much would an m20 engine swap cost me if this one blew on me after i bought it? Sorry for so many questions guys but I appreciate the help.

Comment

See if he will let you take it to a mechanic for a pre-purchase inspection. If he balks, that might be another sign to run, don't walk, away. It might be worth the money, the prices that I have been seeing.
                          sigpic
                          2007 X3
                          1992 M Tech Cabrio
                          1988 Cabrio - sold
                          2001 X5 - sold
                          1997 e36 328 - gave to son

Comment

Originally posted by mlbryant8 View Post
                            See if he will let you take it to a mechanic for a pre-purchase inspection. If he balks, that might be another sign to run, don't walk, away. It might be worth the money, the prices that I have been seeing.
                            Yeah thats probably a good idea. Thanks for the tip man

Comment

Could the washer fluid reservoir be a serious problem, is it a red flag or could it be that he just has the line running into the washer fluid reservoir for no reason?

Comment

Working...
                              X