Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best money I have ever spent... got me a truck!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best money I have ever spent... got me a truck!

Hate all you want bitches... this is the best money I have ever spent on any vehicle... ever.

1989 Chevy S10 - $700
    Taxes/title/registration/plates - $99
    Notary fees, etc. - $24
    Mechanic bill - $275
    New window + installation - $159
    New vavle stems + labor - $20
    3M rattle can rubberized undercoat - $12.82

Grand total... $1289.82... and worth every penny.

This truck had been sitting in a guys driveway for about 3 yrs because it kept blowing fuses. The guy thought the fuel pump was faulty but it turns out that the engine had a fresh rebuild only a few hundred miles ago, however the guy who swapped the motor cut the wiring harness instead of disconnecting it and then rat tailed it back together. The mechanic is a friend of mine and swapped out the diff fluid, put in a tank of gas, resoldered the wiring harness and cleaned up the hacked wiring under the dash, and replaced a tie rod. Also got rid of the "check engine" light.

She runs, is a blast to drive, gets great gas mileage and brings a smile to my face whenever I start her up.

Profile pics:

Seat cover and blanket was included in the sale... that's pure money right there.

Real mileage...

That's right... a genuine aftermarket Denon tape deck. To bad there isn't a single speaker in the truck. And can I just tell you what the throw is like on the 5-speed?

Four cylinder, 92 hp, 2 barrel carburator... and yeah... that's a factory installed A/C unit... doesn't work though.

Manual steering FTW!

No A/C... no power anything... pure bad ass... :pimp:

Country road................take me hoooooooome to a place , where I belonggggggggggggg ! LOL

Enjoy ur new truck make good use of it

-> Afficionados join the M-technic I club

Comment

Originally posted by mtechnik
      Country road................take me hoooooooome to a place , where I belonggggggggggggg ! LOL

Enjoy ur new truck make good use of it
      Hilarious... :D

I will... I never had quite enough room in the E46 with the seats folded down to take tires and wheels to get swapped, or when I went to a salvage yard to pick up engines or interiors, now... no worries

Comment

Sweet ride! I love it!

All you need is a gun rack for the bed, and like, 4 coonhounds :D

Comment

I heart beaters :)

I wanted a small truck like this (s10/sonoma, toyota, nissan, whatever) for so long, but I've got too many other cars to justify it. Soon.

Just not having to worry about getting it dirty, or scratching the leather, or whatever is worth its weight in gold. I had a 93 Accord until last winter that had almost 300k miles on it, never had a problem with it, and with the seats folded down I fit a collapsible engine hoist in the back more times than I can count. Man, I miss that car!

Comment

Nice pickup. Needs IE Stg IIIs and a blackout grill. j/k

do you think the bed can hold a 300 lb engine? hahahaha j/k

Originally posted by whysimon
            WTF is hello Kitty (I'm 28 with no kids and I don't have cable)

Comment

Originally posted by uflnuceng
              Hilarious... :D

I will... I never had quite enough room in the E46 with the seats folded down to take tires and wheels to get swapped, or when I went to a salvage yard to pick up engines or interiors, now... no worries

Yeah gotta love me some John Denver now & then. Simpler things in life

-> Afficionados join the M-technic I club

Comment

I've seen some crappy cars on R3v, but this one is horrible.

An S10 E30 conversion? Why would you do that to an e30? Look at the seat cover too, did you get that off ebay? Mismatched rims, and it's riding like a 4x4. Get some lowering springs before you do anything else, as driving a stock height e30 is like banging your sister - it's only fun until someone sees you doing it. Nice stickers too, are those your sponsors?

Why can't you just build an e30 like every one on e30.de with BBS RS's, a lowered suspension, mtech II, and an S38 engine swap? Your ideas suck.

Comment

The bitch already has a glasspack on it so it sounds bitchin' on the inside with the windows down.

And it was the Dale Earnhart sticker that chinchedd the deal for me... rest in peace good buddy.

Comment

now you'll become everyones bitch, sometimes i wieh i never had a truck

Comment

U Liek Sunoco Racing Feuls?

Comment

Originally posted by s52e368
                        Ah, but this bitch prob can't tow. Much.

Comment

Man, does seeing that bring back some memories! My first vehicle when I turned 15 was a brand new 1986 GMC S-15 and it was very much like what you have there. Mine was gray, had no carpeting at all, had a black vinyl bench seat that would give you third degree burns in the summer, automatic tranny, a/c, power steering, rally wheels-but that was about it. Mine also had the 'Iron Duke' 2.5L 4 cylinder engine which, when mated to the automatic tranny, would give you a top speed of 85MPH going downhill with a tailwind. Truck was slow as piss, but with the light rear end you could burn the back tires down in no time-ask me how I know.

Those trucks will take an UNBELIEVEABLE amount of abuse-you probably wouldn't believe half of what I told you I put that truck thru, but it had more than its fair share of hell. And in the 10 years I owned it, I think the only non-maintenance work done was a replacing a vacuum hose and redoing the valve guides-that was it.

Have fun with it!
                          Eric Giles
                          '20 M2 CS
                          '04 M3
                          '11 X5 35D
                          '87 325is
                          '91 325i Sport

There are few things more expensive than a cheap BMW...

Comment

I would've thought you could get a 2005 S10 for that price :)

RISING EDGE

Let's drive fast and have fun.

Comment

Originally posted by s52e368
                              Actually... everyone I know owns a truck, but they use them for work and I always felt like a tool asking to use something they needed for work for me to piss around with a project i do for fun.

Originally posted by FredK
                              Ah, but this bitch prob can't tow. Much.
                              It can tow my waverunner and trailer which is enough for me. There are about 6 F-350's and 2 F-550's in the family for the bigger shit like my father-in-laws 14,0000 lbs 38' Fountain Express Cruiser, car trailers, etc..

Originally posted by Eric Giles
                              Man, does seeing that bring back some memories!
                              That's the other cool thing. Everyone I talk to about it has a memory of their first pickup. Its a great conversation piece.

I'm going to enjoy the hell out this thing... but I do have an extra M30 with tranny lying around.... hmmmmmm.... j/k... my chevy mechanic guru wants to swap in a 350 SBC so bad he can taste it.

Originally posted by Digitalwave
                              I would've thought you could get a 2005 S10 for that price
                              I did look at getting a new Colorado and you won't believe what those idiots are still asking for them. They are dead on the lots because they haven't been moved in months and they still think think they are getting full price for them. There is a used S10 with 128k miles on it for sale down the street from me fo $4400... its something extraordinary when even my wife thinks I spent my money wisely.

Oh, and FWIW the TCD turbo 1990 535i hasn't lost any steam due to this. I'm just waiting for the machine shop to finish my damn motor. Alpina interior will be here in September probably... slow going to get to the boat it would seem. BMW thug life forever... but this truck is just :pimp: in its own right.

Comment

Working...
                              X