opinions welcom: best year of the e30?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • nando
    replied
    it's like 2hp, nothing to write home about - but the spec E30 guys prefer them since they have to run a stock tune and it's one of the only things they can do for "more" power.

    Leave a comment:


  • Kershaw
    replied
    Really? The 153 is slightly more aggressive tuning stock? Why would they change the tune year to year?

    Leave a comment:


  • nando
    replied
    Originally posted by ELVA164
    I don't understand why it's worked the way it has, but since you obviously think I'm a liar I have no need to continue. You want to see receipts of me getting 27+mpg with any 87-octane 153 ECU you send me without hypermiling, I'd be happy to do it. You want to see receipts of me getting maybe 24mpg hypermiling with any late-model 87-octane ECU you send me, I'd hate doing it because the late-model ECUs make the car soft.

    Don't be a prick.

    I think pretty much everything I've posted on this forum or any other would support the fact that I know more about this and a number of other cars than most other people do.

    Perhaps I should add that includes knowing when I don't know everything. That was expressed earlier in this thread, but I know what I've experienced.
    I don't think you are a liar I just don't think you have any clue what you're talking about. the 153 does have slightly more aggressive tuning stock, but that's stock - once you tune a 173 or any other Motronic DME it makes zero difference. The hardware is irrelevant because it's functionally identical.

    Leave a comment:


  • rlddlr53
    replied
    For some reason I am partial to late model plastic bumper cars only - just preference though - I have always wanted a euro bumper car

    Leave a comment:


  • ELVA164
    replied
    Originally posted by nando
    yeah, sorry. no. What does "chipped" mean anyway - that chip could be from anywhere. I don't think you understand how it works..
    I don't understand why it's worked the way it has, but since you obviously think I'm a liar I have no need to continue. You want to see receipts of me getting 27+mpg with any 87-octane 153 ECU you send me without hypermiling, I'd be happy to do it. You want to see receipts of me getting maybe 24mpg hypermiling with any late-model 87-octane ECU you send me, I'd hate doing it because the late-model ECUs make the car soft.
    Originally posted by ST1G
    STAGE III BRUH!

    Stage 3 clutch
    Stage 3 brakes
    Stage 3 turbo
    Stage 3 intercooler

    STAGE THREE!!!!11!11!!!
    Don't be a prick.

    I think pretty much everything I've posted on this forum or any other would support the fact that I know more about this and a number of other cars than most other people do.

    Perhaps I should add that includes knowing when I don't know everything. That was expressed earlier in this thread, but I know what I've experienced.
    Last edited by ELVA164; 03-03-2016, 07:27 PM.

    Leave a comment:


  • stonea
    replied
    From the sound of it I got the best two years. An 88' ix and a 89' 325i

    Leave a comment:


  • totheredline
    replied
    Ive owned a very early, early model, an 87 early model, a 1991 318is and a 1990 325i. I would have to say the 89 I have now has the best of all worlds. crank sunroof, and pop outs plastic bumpers, ellipsoid, and no airbags.

    Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

    Leave a comment:


  • Staszek
    replied
    Originally posted by spiDmang
    I personally think 87's and 89's are the best years.

    87' 325iS if you want an early car but with alot of updated bits (updated HVAC, good dme, etc). Also has all power options. I like the 87' because you can either go late model retrofit, early model US spec, OR euro bumper goodness. The interchangeability on the 87' is great.

    89 is also a great year because still no airbags, has pop out windows still, and all the late model goodness.
    Thats where I am at. I like my '90 but ended up removing the airbags, and wish I had the pop out windows. Also the stock Ellipsoids would have been nice.

    If I knew what I knew now I would have gotten an 89. I didnt research and thought I could switch out the airbag wheel for a newer single stage airbag wheel.

    Leave a comment:


  • Mr. Wolfe
    replied
    Interesting thread. When I first bought my 87is, I was a little bummed after doing some research that I didn't buy a late model. As of late, I am excited about doing the Euro bumpers, MTech 1 kit and full restoration and color change.

    Mr. Wolfe

    Leave a comment:


  • spiDmang
    replied
    I personally think 87's and 89's are the best years.

    87' 325iS if you want an early car but with alot of updated bits (updated HVAC, good dme, etc). Also has all power options. I like the 87' because you can either go late model retrofit, early model US spec, OR euro bumper goodness. The interchangeability on the 87' is great.

    89 is also a great year because still no airbags, has pop out windows still, and all the late model goodness.

    Leave a comment:


  • TimeMachinE30
    replied
    Mine.

    Leave a comment:


  • ST1G
    replied
    Originally posted by nando
    yeah, sorry. no. What does "chipped" mean anyway - that chip could be from anywhere. I don't think you understand how it works..
    STAGE III BRUH!

    Stage 3 clutch
    Stage 3 brakes
    Stage 3 turbo
    Stage 3 intercooler

    STAGE THREE!!!!11!11!!!

    Leave a comment:


  • nando
    replied
    Originally posted by ELVA164


    That's what I always thought, until I tried a 173, a 527, a chipped 525, a 380, two stock 153s, and a chipped 153. In addition, the chipped 153 runs on 87 octane and is my favorite of the bunch.
    yeah, sorry. no. What does "chipped" mean anyway - that chip could be from anywhere. I don't think you understand how it works..

    Leave a comment:


  • varg
    replied
    Originally posted by Click
    I believe 89s were also the last year of pop out windows and manual sunroofs
    I don't know about pop out windows (I don't have them) but my '91 has a manual sunroof.

    Leave a comment:


  • AbsorbantNut
    replied
    1987 no doubt

    Leave a comment:

Working...