STOLEN!! Someone stole my CRV this morning...car was found

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nick_S View Post
    I know it's not an E30 and I know there's a regional forum but it's pretty dead so posting it up here

Still kind of in shock. It was out in front of my house last night, came to go to the gym this morning at 7 and it's gone. Stolen from the West Highlands area in Denver. I've filed a police report and alerted my insurance

Total longshot posting up here but the internet has s recovered cars in the past

99 CRV, auto, silver, 233K miles, Thule spare tire rack, lowered on Yonaka coilovers, stock wheels with Falken snow tires, black mesh grill with driving lights behind it, California tags. Pioneer double din CD player, polk components otherwise interior is all stock grey.

My BMX bike was in the back of it too and while I realize it was very naive of me to think leaving something in my car in a relatively safe neighborhood was OK, I don't think the bike was what they were after, just a bonus. Super bummed out

Thank
    Nick

Dude so sorry for this. Hope you find it soon.There is some dumbass people. [emoji19]

By any chance is that last picture at wild wood canyon in Burbank?

Comment

Originally posted by staysideways View Post
      Dude so sorry for this. Hope you find it soon.There is some dumbass people. [emoji19]

By any chance is that last picture at wild wood canyon in Burbank?
      Insurance already covered it and deemed it a total loss. Picked up an 03 Forester last night for a replacement.

And yes it definitely is Wildwood. I used to work in Burbank and would usually leave super early to avoid traffic. Often I would just go up there, park and take a short hike or a nap in my car.
      91 318is M50 swapped
      05 Honda Pilot

24V swap thread
      http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=302524

Comment

Insurance already covered it and deemed it a total loss. Picked up an 03 Forester last night for a replacement.

And yes it definitely is Wildwood. I used to work in Burbank and would usually leave super early to avoid traffic. Often I would just go up there, park and take a short hike or a nap in my car.

Nice glad everything is working out right.

And boooom that photographic memory.

Comment

Got a call yesterday my CRV was found. Had been sitting for weeks apparently. Not all that far from me which is annoying but was towed to police impound last night. I went this morning to check it out and see if any of my personal stuff was still in the car. (sorry no pictures allowed in the police lot)

Rolled up and immediately noticed who ever had immediately either spun the coilovers all the way down or blew every corner shock, one tire was flat with tons of curb rash. The front right had been smashed into something and the windshield had a bunch of new cracks in it.

Then onto the interior....EVERY single panel had been torn off, cracked and/or broken. Of course all my stereo stuff was gone (they forgot the crossovers for the components though, criminals aren't smart). Literally everything that wasn't the seats was gone, they even took my crappy steering wheel cover. The only thing I really hoped to find was a letter from grandmother just before she passed away but...gone. It was fucked up beyond belief and too ad insult to injury....

That was scribbled on the dash. God I hate thieves.
          91 318is M50 swapped
          05 Honda Pilot

24V swap thread

Comment

so sorry to hear this man. at least you can have closure and won't be wondering about this anymore.
            sigpic
            Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
            92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
            88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
            88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
            87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
            12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

Fucking losers. I hope you find out who did it, maybe you'll see them riding the bike.

Comment

Just look for someone riding your bike and curb stomp them once you see them haha.

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
                1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
                Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
                Mtech 2 turbo restoration
                Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

That is ridiculous.
                  AWD > RWD

Comment

Karma's a bitch. They'll get what's coming to them eventually... ;)
                    My 325iX DIY Threads:

Front Wheel Bearing Replacement

325iX Rear Subframe Bushings and MUCH more w/pics!

325iX Steering Rack Replacement, Suspension, & Oil Pan job w/pics!

Comment

I once shoplifted when I was like 12, I got caught. Ever since then. I've gone out of my way, go make sure people who steal, get punished. I can't stand it.

There is no honor among thieves. I knew a guy who use to steal acuras. He would always leave all person stuff untouched.

Hope you build your Forester even better :)

Please leave feedback below, thanks

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=358170

Comment

Sucks man, there is nothing worse than the invasion of privacy and disrespect you feel when someone jacks with your stuff.

when I lived in SoCal I drove a '96 Civic.. in 3 years of having the car before I got my e30 I had:

CD player stolen

then 1 year later:

CD player stolen again, next night car broken into again, took my hat and some change..

next night car got stolen, recovered 2 days later with a bunch of shit missing, NEXT NIGHT they came back and stole my fucking HONDA hood ornament... all in 5-6 days.

BS. Nothing I could do though other than sit outside with a rifle... which at an apartment complex is probably not a good idea. also was working 5am-7pm so not much I could do.

later that year my bicycle got stolen from my apt. All items locked up, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by EyExR View Post
                          Karma's a bitch. They'll get what's coming to them eventually... ;)
                          I hope so. Wouldn't care one bit if they wound up in a ditch somewhere.
                          91 318is M50 swapped
                          05 Honda Pilot

24V swap thread

Comment

Thieves definitely aren't smart. I forgot to lock my car one night and had a M106 turbo sitting in the back on my trunk along with some cheap $40 Chinese radio that came with the car. Guess which one they took?

Anyways glad they at least they found the car.
                            My Garage
                            2001 Z3 2.5i Steel Gray/Black (Lexi)
                            1988 325ix Diamond Schwartz/Black (Izzy)
                            1989 325i Cirrus Blue/Houndstooth (Stitch)
                            Feedback

Instagram: Stone.Hopkins

Comment

Got a call yesterday my CRV was found. Had been sitting for weeks apparently. Not all that far from me which is annoying but was towed to police impound last night. I went this morning to check it out and see if any of my personal stuff was still in the car. (sorry no pictures allowed in the police lot)

Rolled up and immediately noticed who ever had immediately either spun the coilovers all the way down or blew every corner shock, one tire was flat with tons of curb rash. The front right had been smashed into something and the windshield had a bunch of new cracks in it.

Then onto the interior....EVERY single panel had been torn off, cracked and/or broken. Of course all my stereo stuff was gone (they forgot the crossovers for the components though, criminals aren't smart). Literally everything that wasn't the seats was gone, they even took my crappy steering wheel cover. The only thing I really hoped to find was a letter from grandmother just before she passed away but...gone. It was fucked up beyond belief and too ad insult to injury....

That was scribbled on the dash. God I hate thieves.

Glad you found it but by what they wrote on the dash and the letter, and I were to find them I would put their head between a fuckin hydraulic press. Assholes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X