$$paypal dispute, Need objective input. Refund on BBS wheels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ugh. That sucks!!!

IMO BBS RS are an investment. You can enjoy them for as long as you like and if you decide to sell you'll probably make a few bucks depending on what the market is doing. These particular rims... not so much. I would demand a full refund as well.

All that said, you've been in the scene for a loooong time. You should know better.
    I Timothy 2:1-2

Comment

Ok so the paypal dispute is still ongoing. I go and buy the "tuner" bolts for $50. Test fit the wheels.

This just gets better and FUCKING BETTER
      Renting my rear wheel bearing tool kit. SIR
      http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c5...ps6debf0b0.jpg

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

That was a bad idea to even try to mount them.

Now there will be marks from the lugs, and probably damage on the inside where it hit the strut.

If you wanted a refund you should have put them back in the box and prepped for shipment.

What was the advertised offset, did you ask?
        No E30 Club
        Originally posted by MrBurgundy
        Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

And did these have tires on them when delivered? Or did you mount tires to them while the dispute was ongoing?
          No E30 Club
          Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

wheels shipped to shop, tires mounted, then I tried test fitting to my car and started to find all these fucking issues. It was pretty clear to the seller that I was mounting these wheels to a stock e30.

Also NOWAY I could have test fitted the wheels onto the car since the hub clearance was too tight due to paint. Only way was to mount by using the bolts.

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Originally posted by Exodus_2pt0 View Post
              That was a bad idea to even try to mount them.

Now there will be marks from the lugs, and probably damage on the inside where it hit the strut.

If you wanted a refund you should have put them back in the box and prepped for shipment.

What was the advertised offset, did you ask?
              nah...i wouldn't even worry about that. its not like the op did anything malicious to the wheels. everything it appears he has done is what any normal person would do in order to mount them to his car as intended.

it appears to me that this seller is-at the very least-not very honest. i believe op deserves a full refund for this shit sandwich. those wheels are cobbled up bullshit that some jackass dressed up with lipstick on the pig and sold for full retail. for all his trouble he should be allowed to give the guy that sold this bullcrap a free kick in the balls and a punch in the face to go along with it.

if i were in the buyer's position, i would be seeing so much red right now. i would go apeshit. in my opinion, he has handled this much better than i would have.

i mean, honestly.....the ad says they fit an e30. clearly they do not. what the hell else is there?
              Last edited by flyboyx; 04-24-2016, 12:16 PM.
              sigpic
              Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
              92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
              88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
              88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
              87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
              12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

Originally posted by flyboyx View Post
                i mean, honestly.....the ad says they fit an e30. clearly they do not. what the hell else is there?
                Yea I skimmed through a while ago but didn't catch that.

Hitting the strut then would make this an easy win for the OP. Update your claim.
                No E30 Club

Comment

Originally posted by Exodus_2pt0 View Post
                  Yea I skimmed through a while ago but didn't catch that.

Hitting the strut then would make this an easy win for the OP. Update your claim.
                  yeah, i read it a second time to make sure. its entry #1 and #15 in the original for sale thread. i quoted it in his thread too in case he tries to change it.

Originally posted by VinceSPEC View Post
                  updated with a second set thats newly up for grabs again. all complete and ready to ship

both sets are really unique finish wise, and set up for e30 fitment, the black set for someone who wants a slightly stretched tire, the other set for someone who wants a slightly meatier tire.
                  Last edited by flyboyx; 04-24-2016, 03:32 PM.
                  sigpic
                  Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

Comment

good luck with this m42sport. i hope some of the stuff i posted here helps you out. also hope you get your money back.
                    sigpic
                    Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

Comment

How could you be so rude and ungrateful after all he has done for you? Wtf dude

Hope you get your money back, that's total b.s.
                      sigpic
                      1991 318is x 2 .

Comment

I had to reopen my fucking case with paypal 4x because they dont have their shit together about receiving photo documentation (limited memory)

Then I get a message today saying they closed my case AGAIN after I uploaded the pic of tire hitting the strut. Have to pay to unmount the tires tommorrow.

Evidence I provided included pic of the OEM BBS wheel, scanned bbs catalog showing the 16" faces, correspondence where the seller states 16" doesnt exist.

I need to locate this FUCKERS address to send the wheels back. Looks like I'm going to contact my credit card to force a full refund when I send the wheels back.

Comment

Make sure to get a tracking number, insure wheels for full amount and signature request !

Do double layer cardboard box on top, bottom and between rims,
                          triangulate cardboard pieces to fill corners as well,
                          plastic wrap it as to not have packing tape come off during transit,
                          basically mummify them...
                          then watch seller try to make you collect on bogus insurance claim, lol.

Aloha.

I for one just received a banged up rim due to poor packing,
                          that's after I added $150 to cover extra shipping cost to Hawaii
                          not that I had to but fair is fair.
                          Seller never included 8mm and 10mm sockets promised during auction nor cared to refund cost of
                          straightening rims.

So yeah, there's sheet-heads asholes out there even when you play nice. see out of box rim...

Last edited by fporro; 04-24-2016, 05:54 PM. Reason: to add blah blah blah and pics

Comment

Originally posted by ///M42 sport View Post
                            Looks like I'm going to contact my credit card to force a full refund when I send the wheels back.
                            And that's why I always make paypal payments with a credit card. At least you have the last resort to do a charge back and get your money. Just box them up, send them back, and get your money. The credit card company will make it right even if he wasn't willing to do so.

Comment

fporro - those wheels are amazing ;)
                              Originally posted by Matt-B
                              hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

Thanks GG, first found single piece one's then ran into this set and could not resist, 17x8.5 et13 all around, required 7mm hubcentric lipless spacer for waffle to clear bbk, same goes for Hartges but at rim to waffle edge.

Get yer money back ma' mang !

Comment

Working...
                                X