This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rusty.Piranha View Post

Yup and I hope the reserve is low because it's nowhere near as nice as the one that didn't sell. Levent is somehow involved so hopefully he can help prevent the auction from getting too derailed
    Simon
    Current Cars:
    -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

It's that same guy who had the Alpina C2 2.5 for sale a while back. He seemed like a nice fellow the times I spoke with him via IM. Sounds like he's having Levent do a lot of the work for him now.
      1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
      2016 Ford Flex
      2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

S52-Powered 1989 BMW 325i

Bid for the chance to own a S52-Powered 1989 BMW 325i at auction with Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online. Lot #4,657.

Comment

Originally posted by Rusty.Piranha View Post
          that thing is nice!! im starting to see more E30s on Style 32's now, like its a trend or something.
          Originally posted by dvck
          I'm going to say this nicely; go fuck yourself.

Comment

Yes not bad, Im curious to see if it ends in the 15k+ range...
            Simon
            Current Cars:
            -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

All depends on how the seller responds to questions.

Unless it's rusty Porsche, you have to be on the ball with replies and not get too defensive it would seem on BaT.

I really wish they would just added the farking CA smog legality to the BaT Essentials. The ROW just doesn't give two sh*ts about California smog to be honest. And I don't want to know more about it - it's oppressive. :hitler:
              2016 Ford Flex

Comment

I'm very curious to see how that '02 ends up. It's a great build, but nothing it original - so it's going to be a good high watermark for a modded/customized, older BMW.
                2016 Ford Flex

Comment

Originally posted by decay View Post
                  yup, i think mr. all-caps had a pretty serious case of sandy vagina, but whatever- it is still a pretty fair price for a very unique car.

she'll be a bad little girl once i get an eta bottom end and a 4.10 torsen in her.
                  My 4.27 torsen is a lot of fun but a little much. I'd recommend a little less aggressive. 4.10 would be alright, but 3.73 would be an upgrade from the stock 3.23 for sure.

I was really going down the rabbit hole with the eta bottom end swap. I'd say just keep it simple and you're good, but its hard to get the L-jet running right, information is limited, and the Motronic desire is real.

On a side note- a sedan is usually worth more than a baur, yes?
                  '86 Burgundrot 325 2.8 stroker.

Build thread

Other cars:
                  2000 Porsche Boxster
                  2006 Subaru Outback XT 5MT
                  1972 Porsche 914

Comment

Originally posted by djjerme View Post
                    I'm very curious to see how that '02 ends up. It's a great build, but nothing it original - so it's going to be a good high watermark for a modded/customized, older BMW.
                    That car has some serious panel fitment issues, probably going to ding the value quite a bit.

*Talking about the red one.
                    1991 318is Brillantrot daily driver (slow restoration)

Comment

Bring a Trailer Auctions, E30 edition

Originally posted by Zeemz View Post
                      Not E30 content, but an amazing 2002 resto mod. It is interesting to watch the 2002 market as well. Its a good indicator of what will happen to E30 values over the next 10 years or so. Much like E30 10-15 years ago you could get a decent car for 5-10K. Now cars needing major work are going for 15-20K.

However, this thing is not your typical 2002 and hit $66K first day. It will be interesting to see where this ends up. http://bringatrailer.com/listing/1972-bmw-2002tii-11/

2002 brings big money! Hammer comes down for $125,000!
                      Last edited by Zeemz; 06-13-2017, 01:58 PM.
                      1989 325is Lachssilber - Sold
                      1990 325is Sterlingsilber - Current Project
                      September 2018 Car of the Month: Zeemz
                      Youtube Track & Autocross Videos

Comment

Originally posted by Zeemz View Post
                        2002 brings big money! Hammer comes down for $125,000!
                        Insane!!

Comment

Nice price for a fantastic car. Incidentally that is also what the Clarion 2002 sold for last year. Quality resto-modded 2002's are starting to gett their due.
                          ADAMS Autosport

Comment

Agreed!
                            My previous build (currently E30-less)
                            http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=170390

A 2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD 4x4 Offroad in Inferno is my newest obsession

Comment

Originally posted by betz View Post
                              My 4.27 torsen is a lot of fun but a little much. I'd recommend a little less aggressive. 4.10 would be alright, but 3.73 would be an upgrade from the stock 3.23 for sure.

I was really going down the rabbit hole with the eta bottom end swap. I'd say just keep it simple and you're good, but its hard to get the L-jet running right, information is limited, and the Motronic desire is real.

On a side note- a sedan is usually worth more than a baur, yes?
                              my last car had a 4.10 torsen behind an ITB'd M42 and i plan on sourcing another of the same unit, if the tranny in the car is a 1:1 4th. not yet known what's in there now, it could be the original euro box, could be a dog-leg, could have been swapped out for a 325i unit. that's why it's going on the rack at castro; with an oddball car like this, who knows.

tuning l-jet isn't hard, i learned to do it on watercooled VWs; now that wideband is readily available, it's even easier.
                              Last edited by decay; 06-13-2017, 02:37 PM.
                              past:
                              1989 325is (learner shitbox)
                              1986 325e (turbo dorito)
                              1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
                              1985 323i baur
                              current:
                              1995 M3 (suspension, 17x9/255-40, borla)

Comment

We just put a Torsen 4.45 in one of the racecars (for Hillclimbs) and it's nice.
                                2016 Ford Flex

Comment

Working...
                                X