Clear All

Another 325i is up... looks bronzit to me
    Simon
    Current Cars:
    -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

e30 M3 for only 28.5k

Bid for the chance to own a 1988 BMW M3 at auction with Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online. Lot #4,628.

Comment

Originally posted by Rusty.Piranha View Post

You do realize all of this is on the first post, right?
        Simon
        Current Cars:

Comment

Swapped E30 sold for a bit less than I thought... I wonder what kept the price so low. $10k+ still isnt bad, but not as high as I had hoped
          Simon
          Current Cars:

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
            Swapped E30 sold for a bit less than I thought... I wonder what kept the price so low. $10k+ still isnt bad, but not as high as I had hoped
            For some reason I just never see those sell as high. I am not sure what it is either though.
            My previous build (currently E30-less)
            http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=170390

A 2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD 4x4 Offroad in Inferno is my newest obsession

Comment

The swapped car market hasn't really changed much over the years. Best bang for the buck IMO, you guys can keep your $20k M42 cars and $50k S14 cars
              - '88 m54 coupe

<3

Comment

Yea, his car fell right in the middle of the previous non-M3 swapped cars. I was hoping there was a bit of a rise in the price
                Simon
                Current Cars:

Comment

Originally posted by MR E30 325is View Post
                  For some reason I just never see those sell as high. I am not sure what it is either though.
                  They are a niche car. I don't understand the surprise that a 24v swapped E30 didn't do more than 10k-ish.

the money is in stock or near stock E30s.
                  The 24v swap cars are yes fast, yes stronger, yes "better", yes quicker but too small of a market comprised mainly of people who don't have or don't want to spend any actual money.

Take a nicely cared for, bone stock E30 325iS,,, it would crush that number.
                  I just don't understand the surprise here on this board other than pure "hope" that the 24v swapped E30 is the next car to get "discovered" and spring upward in value...

As an E30 M3 owner, be careful what you wish for.
                  Current E30 M3 values are like a pestilence to me.
                  I wish they were still where they were back in the 15K full days and I own several of them.
                  Jimmy P.
                  87 E30 M3 Prodrive British Touring Car
                  88 E30 M3 Zinnoberot - Garage Queen
                  88 E30 M3 Lachsilber - SCCA SPU #98
                  92 M Technic Cabrio - S14 Powered!
                  98 318Ti Morea Green
                  04 Ford F350 Dually Tow Machine

Comment

My shock wasnt that they hadnt gone up in price, but that a properly sorted one with a good 5 lug setup didnt hit 12k.
                    Simon
                    Current Cars:

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyP View Post
                      They are a niche car. I don't understand the surprise that a 24v swapped E30 didn't do more than 10k-ish.

The 24v swap cars are yes fast, yes stronger, yes "better", yes quicker but too small of a market comprised mainly of people who don't have or don't want to spend any actual money.

I just don't understand the surprise here on this board other than pure "hope" that the 24v swapped E30 is the next car to get "discovered" and spring upward in value...

I agree with all your points.

I wonder if someday there will be more interest in swapped E30s.

There is a strong market for hotrod/outlaw 911s. The E30 is a similar, versatile platform. I could see the market for well done hotrods trend upwards as the stockers climb.
                      1991 318iC
                      1989 325i Field Rescue

Comment

Originally posted by Poorhouse View Post
                        I agree with all your points.

I wonder if someday there will be more interest in swapped E30s.

There is a strong market for hotrod/outlaw 911s. The E30 is a similar, versatile platform. I could see the market for well done hotrods trend upwards as the stockers climb.

I think one of the issues with swapped cars is there is a larger level of risk for the buyer than with a stock car. Whenever I see a swapped car FS add 90% of them I wouldn't even consider, DIY or some no name shop did the swap. I'm sure this is the same issue when it is advertised to the masses on BAT.

Don't get me wrong, there are plenty of DIY guys and smaller unknown shops who have done great swaps, but unless you are well known amongst the community and have done several well documented swaps it is not worth the risk nor will it command a premium.
                        Last edited by Zeemz; 06-20-2017, 11:00 AM.
                        1989 325is Lachssilber - Sold
                        1990 325is Sterlingsilber - Current Project
                        September 2018 Car of the Month: Zeemz
                        Youtube Track & Autocross Videos

Comment

Jimmy,
                          I see you only have 44 posts, but have an impressive/interesting list of cars owned.
                          Can you please post up some pics so we can oogle, oohhh & ahhhhh?!

CAPP ��

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyP View Post

As an E30 M3 owner, be careful what you wish for.
                            Current E30 M3 values are like a pestilence to me.
                            I wish they were still where they were back in the 15K full days and I own several of them.
                            Definitely not surprised (unless that comment was not addressed at me), as I personally sold a very modified S52 E30 about a year ago and I got pennies on the dollar for it (far far far less than 10k) relative to what it had into it.

I was merely trying to understand why this occurs. I am well aware that stock low mileage E30's eat those numbers for a light breakfast.
                            My previous build (currently E30-less)
                            http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=170390

A 2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD 4x4 Offroad in Inferno is my newest obsession

Comment

Originally posted by Zeemz View Post
                              I think one of the issues with swapped cars is there is a larger level of risk for the buyer than with a stock car. Whenever I see a swapped car FS add 90% of them I wouldn't even consider, DIY or some no name shop did the swap. I'm sure this is the same issue when it is advertised to the masses on BAT.

Don't get me wrong, there are plenty of DIY guys and smaller unknown shops who have done great swaps, but unless you are well known amongst the community and have done several well documented swaps it is not worth the risk nor will it command a premium.
                              Nail / Head
                              Jimmy P.
                              98 318Ti Morea Green

Comment

Originally posted by Cptcarisma View Post
                                Jimmy,
                                I see you only have 44 posts, but have an impressive/interesting list of cars owned.
                                Can you please post up some pics so we can oogle, oohhh & ahhhhh?!

CAPP ��
                                LOL, yeah I mostly hang out at S14.net, but do read a lot here, especially when doing research for my '92 MTech Appearance Cabrio.
                                This site houses loads of great information. I try to give back when I can.

I've posted a few pics, I'll gather some up and upload. I'm not a huge picture poster (old guy).
                                Jimmy P.
                                98 318Ti Morea Green

Comment

Working...
                                X