This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jpod999 View Post
    People just don't want to have to buy the M42 DME mount! ;)
    Or a throttle cable. Lol
    sigpic
    Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
    92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
    88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
    88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
    87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
    12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

Originally posted by djjerme View Post
      Where do you live? That won't even buy you a burnt out hovel around here...
      I doubt you could buy very many homes in the Boston area for that price either, but the older Suburbs of Houston might get you into the bottom end. I know you can buy plenty of amazing homes in Michigan for 150k
      sigpic
      Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SlickAlpinweiss View Post
        Question:
        Are the cabriolet's becoming more desirable? The last 3 sold for well over $10k. I understand the the $15k one was super clean, nice color interior, and documentation since new. I've always assumed people pay more for face lifted models with plastic bumpers..
        Even here in Hawaii, the convertible e30's sell for less than coupes and sedans. Not judging, to each their own. Problem is that almost all e30's here have some rust. Also for some reason, bronzitbeige e30's, e28's, e24's are found rust free; something unexplainable in the paint.
        I've passed up on some clean cheap cabrio's, am I missing something here?
        It's just not my style to drive around here with top down, it really draws attention. Not so much the tourists, but your neighbors see you everyday.
        Thoughts?, thanks.

Most classic cars are more valuable as a convertible. I remember a Hagerty article on it a few years back, they said eventually convertibles would become more valuable than 325 cars because of this, and also due to the vastly lower production numbers.

Also, in 2015 Hagerty announced the E30 Convertible as their #2 favorite summer convertible, with the '66-'67 Alfa Romeo Giulia Duetto Spider in 1st place.

/PRNewswire/ -- Summer begins this Sunday and to kick-off the season the collector vehicle experts at Hagerty have named their favorite classic convertibles...
        Drive it hard. Maintain it well.

Convertible Technical & Discussion
        A Topless Memorandum

Comment

Originally posted by djjerme View Post
          Where do you live? That won't even buy you a burnt out hovel around here...
          Originally posted by flyboyx View Post
          I doubt you could buy very many homes in the Boston area for that price either, but the older Suburbs of Houston might get you into the bottom end. I know you can buy plenty of amazing homes in Michigan for 150k
          Plenty of places around the country that are not over inflated values. I also said reasonable sized home.
          https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

Originally posted by mr2peak View Post
            Most classic cars are more valuable as a convertible. I remember a Hagerty article on it a few years back, they said eventually convertibles would become more valuable than 325 cars because of this, and also due to the vastly lower production numbers.

Also, in 2015 Hagerty announced the E30 Convertible as their #2 favorite summer convertible, with the '66-'67 Alfa Romeo Giulia Duetto Spider in 1st place.

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-relea...300102173.html
            thank you for this link. 8500 would have to be one hell of a nice e30 cabby.

Originally posted by M-technik-3 View Post
            Plenty of places around the country that are not over inflated values. I also said reasonable sized home.
            indeed
            sigpic
            Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

Comment

Just added a 325 race car being sold out of my hometown
              Simon
              Current Cars:
              -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

ok this is eBay and not bat. but check it out.

since its in my back yard, i think i will go take a look at it when i get back in town. i think it's worth less than 40k. what are you guy's thoughts?
                sigpic
                Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

Comment

For 67k you'd think they could at least re-upholster the sun-bleached interior!

:rippedoff:
                  If it's got tits or tires, it's gonna cost ya!

Comment

Wasn't this the car sold by Original Rare on BAT for $67k? Did the buyer back out? because I can't imagine someone flipping the car to break even.

Edit: It was a 4 door Alpina that sold on BAT for $63k but this is the Original Rare car.
                    Last edited by reelizmpro; 02-11-2017, 06:21 PM.
                    "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
                    88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
                    89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
                    91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

I think they were the one that didn't hit reserve
                      Simon
                      Current Cars:
                      -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by flyboyx View Post
                        thank you for this link. 8500 would have to be one hell of a nice e30 cabby.
                        Well, yeah. Hagerty values are for extraordinary cars, not run-of-the-mill cars. 8.5k buys you a great vert, a decent appearance package car, or maybe you get super lucky and find a true M Technic car that needs most things.
                        Drive it hard. Maintain it well.

Convertible Technical & Discussion
                        A Topless Memorandum

Comment

That car has been up for sale for a awhile. It's been relisted on eBay so much now, nobody bids on it, because they know his reserve is above 50k..

I've talked to him before, he's pretty adamant about that price because he paid a decent amount to get it in the states. It's a nice car, but the value on these has slowed down a bit..
                          1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
                          2016 Ford Flex
                          2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

Rob Siegel aka the hack Mechanic's 87 325is 5 spd

It's listed at 8.5K on C-list https://boston.craigslist.org/bmw/cto/5994319283.html

Clean and complete car, odd he's selling it but he has enough toys
                            https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

Not an Auction, but still worth a nod for appearing on BAT:

Learn more about Rothmans/Prodrive Works Inspired: Impressive BMW M3 Rally Build on Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online.

Pic because it's just cool:

Last edited by djjerme; 02-13-2017, 11:58 PM.
                              1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
                              2016 Ford Flex
                              2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

Okay, what am I not seeing in the 318 that is on there now?

Bid for the chance to own a 1991 BMW 318is Coupe at auction with Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online. Lot #3,251.

196k, rust on bottom of doors, weird dent in rear trunk panel. Interior is clean, but has a dash crack. $4,500 with 6 bids and 2 days remaining? Is this really a $5k car now? Interesting. I think I am going to ratchet up my IX when I sell it in a few weeks.

Comment

Working...
                                X