X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
    1990 S14- swapped 325i
    I saw someone comment on this posted on FB earlier today when the bid was low $7k and their comment was "This is a good price for this"

Clearly never been on BAT or an online auction before. Lol.
    Steve • Toronto
    1991 318is • Brillantrot
    Build Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Powling View Post
      I saw someone comment on this posted on FB earlier today when the bid was low $7k and their comment was "This is a good price for this"

Clearly never been on BAT or an online auction before. Lol.
      Haha or simply doesn't have any concept of the e30 market, period. Doesn't an S14 by itself go for about that much haha?

My buddy has a freshly painted (interlagos blue) vert, with some mtech2 stuff, with a reupholstered interior, BBS RM's, very minor mods, new top, and no rust parked in his garage. Without getting into the whole story some local high school kid approached him about selling it, and in so many words my buddy basically said it would take no less than $8k to consider a sale. The kid copped an attitude, and basically said you can get S50 swapped cars for less than that. Hahaha yeah ok. Some people just have blinders on.
      E30 Dinan Turbo

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyP View Post
        So how many "special" E36s were there (outside the boring US "Lightweight")?
        I know a guy who raced a GTR which was pretty cool, thats really the only special one Im aware of. The only E36 that ever got my attention LOL.
        The M3 GT was pretty cool. More power, 3.23 rear, BRG paint with Mexico green leather. Front and rear GT spoilers. Alloy doors. Type 24s. Carbon trim.

Early Evo coupes weren't all that special but did potentially have alloy doors until '97 production began in 9/96.
        1990 325i/4/5, 1992 240SX, 1995 RRC, 1998 M3/4/5

Comment

Originally posted by bimma360 View Post
          Haha or simply doesn't have any concept of the e30 market, period. Doesn't an S14 by itself go for about that much haha?

My buddy has a freshly painted (interlagos blue) vert, with some mtech2 stuff, with a reupholstered interior, BBS RM's, very minor mods, new top, and no rust parked in his garage. Without getting into the whole story some local high school kid approached him about selling it, and in so many words my buddy basically said it would take no less than $8k to consider a sale. The kid copped an attitude, and basically said you can get S50 swapped cars for less than that. Hahaha yeah ok. Some people just have blinders on.
          I'm trying to sell a vert now and I think some people just don't see where the E30 market is going. There are considerably less clean E30's around now than there was 10 or so years ago. The ones that survived the drift era will shoot up in value. I wish some people shopping for E30's did the slightest bit of research because if they are offended by E30 prices now they're going to be very mad in 5 years or so.

Comment

Originally posted by Juganator View Post
            I'm trying to sell a vert now and I think some people just don't see where the E30 market is going. There are considerably less clean E30's around now than there was 10 or so years ago. The ones that survived the drift era will shoot up in value. I wish some people shopping for E30's did the slightest bit of research because if they are offended by E30 prices now they're going to be very mad in 5 years or so.
            People just need to come back to earth. Its very simple really. If someone has a set budget and they are having a hard time finding what they want the answer is very very simple. Raise your budget or change your criteria. The prices of the cars are not the problem. They are what they are. They either get sold, or they don't and the person lowers the price or keeps the car. Its that simple.
            E30 Dinan Turbo

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
              1991 318is
              Bid for the chance to own a No Reserve: 1991 BMW 318is Coupe at auction with Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online. Lot #16,302.

(Sorry Zeemz, didn't see you had posted it already....
              Anyone on here know anything about this car? I was looking back at this auction because I was considering buying a similar car that needs paint and flipping on BaT. I wish there was more feedback on these auctions post sale- This car looks to have a pretty shitty paint job if you watch the video, I wonder what the buyer's expectations were @ that price.
              - '88 m54 coupe

<3

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyP View Post
                Good insight.
                Im not a fan of the E36 at all so to me it just seemed like "hey this is the car we should have got, that everyone bitches we didnt" and it didnt seem to be getting much interest at all while much more pedestrian cars had the E36 fanbois fawning all over them..

So how many "special" E36s were there (outside the boring US "Lightweight")?
                I know a guy who raced a GTR which was pretty cool, thats really the only special one Im aware of. The only E36 that ever got my attention LOL.

At anywhere near that $20K-ish I'd rather have an E46M3, I think its overall a much sexier car.
                Hitting the nail on the head as usual. Yeah, the LTW's were made in limited numbers but how special is a US spec E36 M3 really? The ROW scoffs at US spec E36 M3's. $20k??? At anywhere near $10K-ish I'd rather have an E46 M3.
                "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
                88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
                89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
                91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

1991 M-Tech2 325i
                  Bid for the chance to own a 1991 BMW 325is M-Technic 5-Speed at auction with Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online. Lot #16,591.
                  Attached Files
                  Simon
                  Current Cars:
                  -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

That car sold for 20k a few months back right?

Comment

Originally posted by Jokester View Post
                      That car sold for 20k a few months back right?

Yes it did. The seller eludes to that in his ad (except for the sales price).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

well, the ad says it sold and the buyer didnt come through

and we've got another one....

1990 325i
                        Bid for the chance to own a 1990 BMW 325is 5-Speed at auction with Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online. Lot #16,614.
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by 2mAn; 02-19-2019, 02:19 PM.
                        Simon
                        Current Cars:
                        -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Beautiful car, should sell for a good amount

Comment

Originally posted by reelizmpro View Post
                            Hitting the nail on the head as usual. Yeah, the LTW's were made in limited numbers but how special is a US spec E36 M3 really? The ROW scoffs at US spec E36 M3's. $20k??? At anywhere near $10K-ish I'd rather have an E46 M3.
                            The E36 M3 isn't special, but it is good. I think that's the difference- drive a modern anything, then hop in a well-kept E36 M3. The steering's feelsome and direct, if a bit too high-geared, the car will rotate on or off the throttle, it's not firm by modern standards but has good road-holding and agility as long as you're willing to deal with some body roll. The gearing makes up a little for the lack of oomph and it's awesome to have pull from 80mph to 137mph in fifth.

My favorite roads are tight and twisty and in garbage shape. The E36 M3 shines on those roads.

/E36lovefest
                            1990 325i/4/5, 1992 240SX, 1995 RRC, 1998 M3/4/5

Comment

I had a nice E36 M3/4/5 for a couple years. It may not be special in the history of M3s, but judged on it's own merits it is a great car.
                              1991 318iC
                              1989 325i Field Rescue

Comment

Did anyone else notice how the peanut gallery just torpedoed that red E30M3s auction?
                                That was a really nice one owner car that had some paint work and the clownshoes gallery of nitpicky experts just really jammed that auction up.

That site just pisses me off, I love old 'Merican muscle cars and I look in on lots of cool old muscle auctions, the fucking nitpicking in those is insane. Beautiful old 1st gen Camaros getting roasted on the most inane things.

OK just had to vent on that.
                                Im may be in the minority, some people seem to think thats the good part of BAT, but man I just want to start physical fights with some of those people.
                                Jimmy P.
                                87 E30 M3 Prodrive British Touring Car
                                88 E30 M3 Zinnoberot - Garage Queen
                                88 E30 M3 Lachsilber - SCCA SPU #98
                                92 M Technic Cabrio - S14 Powered!
                                98 318Ti Morea Green
                                04 Ford F350 Dually Tow Machine

Comment

Working...
                                X