This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by e30austin View Post
    Those people get hooked on one, little, pedantic thing and never let it go. Unreal...

Who gives a shit if the engine was changed? It isn't a low miles, garage queen...it's a driver.
    ^^^^ This ^^^^^
    Jimmy P.
    87 E30 M3 Prodrive British Touring Car
    88 E30 M3 Zinnoberot - Garage Queen
    88 E30 M3 Lachsilber - SCCA SPU #98
    92 M Technic Cabrio - S14 Powered!
    98 318Ti Morea Green
    04 Ford F350 Dually Tow Machine

Comment

That 318is was a r3v members car. He deleted his for sale post very recently. I wish I remember what he was asking. I think it was more than 5.6k

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
      91' 318is 90' 325is

Originally posted by Sonny
      Buy the E30s, they ain't gonna last long
      E30 can make you, E30 can break you
      "He who controls the Nova's, controls the Boomers"

Comment

So I guess all I had to do was polish the paint a little better. Oh well.
        My Feedback

Comment

I think the issue is that the engine change wasn't disclosed.

Trust is everything when buying a car online.

edit - The car is listed on Chicago CL for $8k.
          1991 318iC
          1989 325i Field Rescue

Comment

Originally posted by Poorhouse View Post
            I think the issue is that the engine change wasn't disclosed.

Trust is everything when buying a car online.

edit - The car is listed on Chicago CL for $8k.

love the fact he put "you snooze you lose, putting it on BaT" on his OP for sale ad and it didn't even hit reserve. Who's the real loser?

Comment

Originally posted by rjsimeon View Post
              Who's the real loser?
              Anyone who thought that abortion of a 1971 911T was actually worth money.

What a piece of crap.
              1990 325i/4/5, 1992 240SX, 1995 RRC, 1998 M3/4/5

Comment

1988 M3
                Bid for the chance to own a 1988 BMW M3 at auction with Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online. Lot #17,008.
                Attached Files
                Simon
                Current Cars:
                -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

I think the market for M3’s is starting to plateau a bit. If nothing else, BAT is starting to show the uninformed, they did make a lot of M3’s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
                  2016 Ford Flex
                  2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

Originally posted by djjerme View Post
                    I think the market for M3’s is starting to plateau a bit. If nothing else, BAT is starting to show the uninformed, they did make a lot of M3’s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    I hope so, its giving me hope I might be able to own one, one day.
                    Steve • Toronto
                    1991 318is • Brillantrot
                    Build Thread

Comment

I have noticed that, the ones that would usually sell in a ~week's time, are lasting a lot longer than that. Of course, the owners still seem pretty firm on their prices, which is half the battle.
                      '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

I also think that the plateau we might be seeing is that now we are in a run of 3rd, 4th and lower tier cars that are being trotted out and hoping to sell like the nicer cars.
                        Lets face it, there has been a run of E30M3s recently that were not very long ago the poster children for the 12K or under E30M3,,, meaning that they needed money and work just to get to the the old $15K rule.
                        We are really seeing some fairly pedestrian driver quality E30M3s that are shooting for nice E30M3 money.

I paid 13K for the 70K mile, Lachsilber car that became my race car and it was worlds nicer and lower mile than almost everything that has hit BAT since that very cool white japanese car that went for big money.

The lure of a possible big money payday is getting anyone who owns an even average "craigslist" E30M3 to "take a shot" and see if a sucker shows up that day with a big bag of money. It costs $99, to spin the BAT roulette wheel. Not too much of a stretch to take that shot with your Craigslist E30M3

I think a proper low mile, no stories car will sill bring big money.

BAT buyers have proven that they only really want no stories cars, those pussies cannot handle even the slightest deviation from no stories.
                        I dont think the average BAT buyer even owns a complete set of tools they are such pussies about any deviation from original.

BAT has also proven there is almost a limitless supply of guys out there who seem to have almost limitless expendable cash and when they are in a buying mood, will drop huge money on that site.
                        Thats my take...
                        Last edited by JimmyP; 03-06-2019, 08:00 PM.
                        Jimmy P.
                        87 E30 M3 Prodrive British Touring Car
                        88 E30 M3 Zinnoberot - Garage Queen
                        88 E30 M3 Lachsilber - SCCA SPU #98
                        92 M Technic Cabrio - S14 Powered!
                        98 318Ti Morea Green
                        04 Ford F350 Dually Tow Machine

Comment

So you're saying they will pay top money for really nice cars and won't buy crap or stories.

How does that make them pussies?
                          1991 318iC
                          1989 325i Field Rescue

Comment

Originally posted by Poorhouse View Post
                            So you're saying they will pay top money for really nice cars and won't buy crap or stories.

How does that make them pussies?
                            Well, if they can't deal with the fact that a *driver quality* 318is doesn't have it's original engine and make it out to be a piece of shit because of that....that's weak fucking sauce. IMHO
                            '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Originally posted by e30austin View Post
                              Well, if they can't deal with the fact that a *driver quality* 318is doesn't have it's original engine and make it out to be a piece of shit because of that....that's weak fucking sauce. IMHO
                              100% agree.

Comment

I'm talking about buyers that don't want a project. If you are looking for a perfect car and have a budget for it what the problem? Maybe you're not mechanically inclined, or just don't have the time to fuck around with a project car. Plus those top grade cars are more likely to hold their value or appreciate and be easier to sell, if that's your thing.

As for the commenters, in the case of that car I don't recall the comments about the car being negative, the seller's ethics were called out. Which seemed appropriate.
                                1991 318iC
                                1989 325i Field Rescue

Comment

Working...
                                X