No announcement yet.

Warning to all E30 owners

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This scares the shit out of me. I just put these on my friends car. The WHOLE kit. He didn't want to spend a lot on arms and tie rods. Holy shit, imma go call him right now thank you.

-Argad

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Holy shit! I am glad they're OK! That's approximately the same speed I was going when I wadded up my last E30 (signature pic), the difference was that I didn't have a mechanical failure, just a really bad idea on an unfamiliar road. I had a full cage too, so that helped. It was one hell of a ride for a few hundred feet. Only OE parts for me!

Comment

I too am glad to hear the boys safe.

I consider myself a brand whore to the point of adding a note to every parts order that says " no brand substitutions".

You only need 3 things to work flawlessly to survive...brakes, steering and tires. No compromises ever.
        Seat Shocks....I have passed the baton to John Christy from Ninestitch. Email John or Garrett at ninestitch1@gmail.com

https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...86#post4944786
        Alice the Time Capsule
        http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=360504
        87 Zinno Cabrio barn find 98k and still smells like a barn. Build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...20#post3455220

Comment

Wow that is scary. This is why I spent the money on lemforder
          Originally posted by blunttech
          Levent guzzles vanilla hazelnut creamer like its my semen
          :shock:

Comment

I thought those kits looked a bit cheap, certainly reinforced me to go genuine everything regarding those arms and links now.
            Boris - 89 E30 325i
            84- E30 323i

Comment

Jesus I'm glad they're ok. I will never cheap about on suspension now...and will convince my friends not to.
              89' 325ix Diamantschwarz/Black rattle can...

Insta: r_moose_w

Originally posted by flyboyx
              I imagine her smelling like spoiled milk and having a half inch crust of doodoo circumnavigating her butthole.

Comment

wow, very glad they are okay!
                Current:
                1989 325i
                1988 M3
                1987 325ic
                Past:
                2001 330ci
                2001 M3

Comment

Cheap parts

Buy oem quality parts. Lesson learned

Comment

Glad they are alright man. Quality parts are expensive for a reason!
                    BMW tech
                    Umass Amherst
                    05 wrx sti

Comment

Sorry to hear about the car. Glad your kid and his friend are okay. Old cars like ours don't have the safety equipment newer cars do.

For a variety of reasons, Lemforder is the only brand you want to go with for suspension parts

it's a Kenny Powers quote on wheels

Comment

There was a car at my local wreckers about a year ago that had a ton of damage to the passenger side of the car. After looking at it a bit closer, I noticed that the passenger side tie rod was actually snapped in half, which probably caused the car to swerve out of control. Whether he/she hit a curb before, or if it randomly snapped is my best guess but it scared me enough to never cheap out on suspension.

After seeing this, that's just nuts the damage the car took OP. Thankfully no one got seriously hurt.

1992 M tech 2 Convertible - S50 Swap
                        1992 e34 Touring- S50 Swap
                        1992 325i-S50 Swap (SOLD)

1995 e36 M3 Mugello Red - S50 (SOLD)
                        1991 325i Convertible Laguna Green (SOLD)
                        1987 325i (SOLD);1992 M tech 2 Convertible (SOLD)
                        1988 325i Convertible Alpine White (SOLD)
                        Brilliantrot Convertible 80k Miles (SOLD)
                        1992 325i Convertible Schwarz (SOLD)
                        1992 318i Convertible Project-Finished (SOLD)

Comment

wow. I'm surprised your son and his buddy are ok. E30 did its job. Terrible circumstances tho.

Turbo M42 Build Thread :Here
                          Ig:ryno_pzk
                          I like the tuna here.
                          Originally posted by lambo
                          Buttchug. The official poster child of r3v.

Comment

You don't need to buy the best, but when your life depends on it, invest the money in yourself (and your loved ones).

I've lost count of how many E36 M3 guys wrecked their cars by running worn or inadequate tires; when I'm buying brake parts or tools I make sure I'm buying something that will work when I most need it to.

Comment

Originally posted by 95BMWIC View Post
                              The ebay link was AU.. so I was curious..

I see the kit is also sold on American eBay.. (and UK)

Anyone else on R3V bought this kit?

More info from googling:

Manufacturer is listed as: Auto-Universal GmbH - which is a German company

http://autouniversalgmbh.de/impressum.htm (Same town as eBay lists)

http://carpartslange.en.ec21.com/company_info.html (User name website)

You can find additional phone numbers on those two sites..
                              In the listing they are quoted as having a brand name. Auto-Universal GmbH.
                              Looking back now and doing a search for this "Brand" it is in fact a workshop. And the proprietors surname is the same a his Ebay user name carparts-Lange.

This "brand" is also listed on one of those Chinese trade sourcing sites
                              http://carpartslange.en.ec21.com/company_info.html.
                              Last edited by luke.williams04; 06-06-2016, 02:29 AM.

Comment

That's crazy. I'm glad the original engineering of the e30 allowed your son and his friend to walk away unharmed.
                                AWD > RWD

Comment

Working...
                                X