What is this Panjo crap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by itsonlygeorge View Post
    Using a 3rd party service that charges for being a middle man and is a hassle just doesn't seem like a great move for r3v. I don't understand what was wrong with the classified system we were using before. Please make this panjo crap go away.

Edit: looks like the panjo site is down. Not only can I NOT signup for this stupid service, but I can't even make a post to sell parts. What a bunch of bullshit.
    I determined a middleman was required due to the sheer amount of complaining I was getting over transactions that did not work, hell I got PM's emails that were so vulgar I was shocked, I mean yes it must suck being 16 with no money but bombarding me was certainly one of the final straws before considering Panjo

Comment

Originally posted by Vincent Brick View Post
      I've tried using Panjo here and Bimmerforums, and Panjo seems to be operating some of the SoCal BMW Facebook classifieds as well, but nobody is actually buying anything and its proving to be such a waste of time that I've ceased bothering, I'm just putting everything up on Ebay. Ebay sucks, but not as bad as Panjo and at least the stuff sells. With the classified now one less reason for me to be here I find I'm not coming to the site as often. I wonder if there has been any change in site traffic since the Panjo implementation... and I also wonder if the site management is now locked into some contract with this Panjo group which is why the overwhelming distaste for it among site members has not really been addressed.
      No contracts, no payments have been received

Comment

After living with it for a bit, it's not entirely bad.

BUT, as a web developer, the one thing I have noticed, is that I can spend a lot of time on the Panjo site browsing for stuff and NEVER visit R3v. This is a big no, no if you are trying to attract paid advertisers or maintain User tracking/click counts.

I don't know how the financial side of R3V is set up and what the paid sponsors are getting/promised, but I would think the reduced page views on the r3v site and redirection to the Panjo site itself would have a negative affect.

The question then would be, how to integrate Panjo in to the R3v site so that they can still track page views, and paid sponsors/advertisers get the views.
        1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
        2016 Ford Flex
        2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

I hate panjo on AudiZine and I hate it here just as much. I used to come on here multiple times a day and look for parts to buy, now I dont even click on the for sale section because I'm not going to have anything to do with Panjo. Its some dumb site that popped up when no one needed another one and want your credit card...NOPE, not happening.

Heck, it took years for PayPal to be up and running and starting to be used in stores before I trusted them enough to sign up. Really Im not sure why I come to this site anymore. My build is 'done', when ever I sell my spoiler I know for a fact it wont be on here because of Panjo.

Feedback Thread

Comment

Originally posted by James Crivellone View Post
            I determined a middleman was required due to the sheer amount of complaining I was getting over transactions that did not work, hell I got PM's emails that were so vulgar I was shocked, I mean yes it must suck being 16 with no money but bombarding me was certainly one of the final straws before considering Panjo
            Well, can't say I blame you then. Nobody deserves that crap.

"No good deed goes unpunished."

Guys on here can whine all they want, but at the end of the day ... if you don't like it, then offer to create and maintain a better classified system. It's clear that the problem is not isolated to funding, but rather putting up with someone else's BS day in day out.
            ADAMS Autosport

Comment

Thank you James, for reading and considering everything we've had to say in this thread.

I hope we can get the classifieds sorted one way or another, because long-term having a broken classifieds section can only hurt R3V.

Comment

Originally posted by 88BlackS-ETA View Post
                I hate panjo on AudiZine and I hate it here just as much. I used to come on here multiple times a day and look for parts to buy, now I dont even click on the for sale section because I'm not going to have anything to do with Panjo. Its some dumb site that popped up when no one needed another one and want your credit card...NOPE, not happening.

Heck, it took years for PayPal to be up and running and starting to be used in stores before I trusted them enough to sign up. Really Im not sure why I come to this site anymore. My build is 'done', when ever I sell my spoiler I know for a fact it wont be on here because of Panjo.
                What do you suggest? You don't need to use Panjo for processing, just message the seller and purchase directly, if you want to use Panjo great, otherwise message the seller.

If you don't like it thats fine, but please suggest an alternative. The old way may have worked for you, but for me it did not.

Comment

Originally posted by SkiFree View Post
                  Well, can't say I blame you then. Nobody deserves that crap.

"No good deed goes unpunished."

Guys on here can whine all they want, but at the end of the day ... if you don't like it, then offer to create and maintain a better classified system. It's clear that the problem is not isolated to funding, but rather putting up with someone else's BS day in day out.
                  Funding i'm not worried about, R3V meets about 70% of its expenses through advertisers, the rest I pay for out of pocket, yes I would like it to be in the black per say, but thats not the primary driver here.

Yes, Panjo pays out a small percentage of each sale (if they are used for the transaction) but its in no way required, and frankly that was the not even the top 10 requirements I had when initially speaking with them.

I know its hard to understand, especially looking at most forums, YouTube celebs, whatever, but making money off this site is not my goal here, if I do great, but its not at the expense of the users.

That being said, paying thousands a year out of pocket I would love to not have on my books, but thus is life.

Comment

Thanks for keeping this site going, James.
                    My Feedback

Comment

Just read my comment again. By "you" I was referring to r3v members here, not our benevolent dictator.

I'm genuinely impressed by your commitment thus far, not not only taking a financial hit on our behalf, but to also put up with the perpetual complaints. It isn't logical.
                      ADAMS Autosport

Comment

Originally posted by James Crivellone View Post
                        Thank you for the detailed train of thought, I agree with you on many levels and have been putting some thought into all the feedback received.
                        Thank you for taking the time to read what I wrote.

I was unaware that the complaining was such a hassle.

Still down to donate to get you into the black!
                        My previous build (currently E30-less)
                        http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=170390

A 2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD 4x4 Offroad in Inferno is my newest obsession

Comment

I like it so far. Not having to juggle multiple buyers detailing payment address is nice.

Comment

My only feedback would be a better explanation for how to not use panjo. I know I'm not super active here anymore so ultimately does not impact me -- but the pain in the ass I just went through to post something without it being on panjo was frustrating. Zero posts about how to just post to the classifieds -- and i'm now waiting for a moderator to edit my post because panjo automatically marked it as 'no longer available' when I removed it from their site, but I can't edit the post in the FS forums to not reflect that.

Would be nice if there was simply two buttons 'sell on panjo' 'sell directly on r3v'.

Since I used to be the moderator of the classifieds I remember how much of a pain in the ass the PMs were so I can't bitch too much. But that's my feedback :)
                            Who doesn't love a little BBQ?
                            Griot's Garage at a Deep Discount

Comment

I agree with Kruzen, def should be two buttons: PANJO and R3V
                              It should be a choice to use Panjo not a must.

Comment

Well, I tried listing a couple things on Panjo, and it wouldn't let me select the category to put the item in. I don't know if it's a Panjo thing or what. I'm using Chrome.
                                My Feedback

Comment

Working...
                                X