Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone else keep their registration/proof of insurance in the trunk?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone else keep their registration/proof of insurance in the trunk?

For my cars, I keep my a binder for my trunk that I log work, keep receipts, and I also keep my insurance/registration in there as well. Anyone else?

For one, I sometimes like to leave my windows down when I go into a store if I know I don't have anything valuable inside my car - and it just keeps everything in one place, neat and organized.

Two, more to my question ......my theory is, that if I were to get pulled over he'll need me to get out to get get it - and the more time to have to interact with a cop, the less likely he'll just look at me as another ticket he's handing out to another name-less, face-less driver.

Good idea or bad? Legal or not legal?
    Originally posted by Matt-B
    hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

you can get the trunk to unlock by pulling the door pin up

you can lock the glovebox

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    cars beep boop

Comment

also, a cop that hears "i need to get out of my car and go dick around in the trunk to show you my registration" is going to go into high alert basically immediately
      cars beep boop

Comment

Last I checked every cop likes someone who over complicates a simple traffic stop..
        Originally posted by csermonet47
        Vlad, you are handling this quite unprofessionally.

Also, you are a cock with tacky taste.

That is all.

Comment

Originally posted by kronus View Post
          also, a cop that hears "i need to get out of my car and go dick around in the trunk to show you my registration" is going to go into high alert basically immediately
          This... You pulled anything black that the cop may mistake it as a gun and you're dead. Hope you don't have a black folder.
          Bought parts from me before? leave your feedback here

Comment

I think you guys might have been watching a little too much CNN recently.
            Originally posted by Matt-B
            hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

This.

Not a good idea IMO. When they pull you over, they have NO idea how it's gonna go, and "hey it's in my trunk" is gonna raise an eyebrow at a minimum.

Put it in the glove box, and lock it.

Comment

Awful idea. I see your logic, but you're not looking at it from the cop's perspective. My dd has vanity mirrors on both visors. I keep my reg tucked into the one on the driver's side so my hands are in full view when I go for it, no leaning over or any bs. Insurance card lives in the glovebox, but they rarely if ever seem to ask for it around here.
                '84 318i - Lapisblau/Schwarz (in cryosleep)
                '06 330i - Titansilber/Schwarz

Comment

this x's eleventymillion
                  Originally posted by Fusion
                  If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                  The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                  William Pitt-

Comment

Glove box locks....soooo..yeah, there's that.

leaving your windows/sunroof cracked works pretty good too.
                    -89' 320iT, Brilliantrot
                    -15' 320i, Glacier Silver Metallic

Comment

Originally posted by george graves View Post
                      I think you guys might have been watching a little too much CNN recently.
                      I'm thinking your NOT a visible minority are you, Georgie

If it's got tits or tires, it's gonna cost ya!

Comment

I would think getting out to open your trunk with a cop standing there may be a waiver of your privacy rights and an invitation to search without probable cause (at least your trunk). Not to say you have anything to hide, but....id keep it simple, especially these days.
                        Seat Shocks....I have passed the baton to John Christy from Ninestitch. Email John or Garrett at ninestitch1@gmail.com

https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...86#post4944786
                        Alice the Time Capsule
                        http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=360504
                        87 Zinno Cabrio barn find 98k and still smells like a barn. Build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...20#post3455220

Comment

I just have my insurance info on my phone app. I do need to order cards, just haven't yet.
                          88 325i Cabrio
                          04 Neon SRT-4

Originally posted by MrBurgundy
                          If R3v was a dude, it would pick up a tinder date naked, with a raging boner, drunk, in an e30 with a shitty interior, a missing sunroof panel, explaining how its a classic while staring at the tinder date's tits.

Comment

In theory, I follow the idea. But the implementation of the idea is flawed. Not only do I have to actually get out of the car and walk my ass to the trunk (more work for me) to show an officer doing a traffic stop my credentials, I now have to pop the truck, while I am standing outside, dig through it and retrieve the paperwork he requested taking more of his time and my time and potentially aggravating him if he is already agitated. He is going to be on alert because I have to actually get out of the car initially and the paperwork isn't in it. And then he will be on alert while I pop the trunk. I could go on but it's a situation that no one really needs.

Comment

A copy of it stays in the trunk of my convertible. I have no glovebox. No choice, really.

Additional fact: In the state of Ct, vehicles are sold by signing the reg if they're over 20 years old and have a current valid registration. I'm not leaving a legal document accessible to anyone who simply wants to slash my top and reach into a door card.

It's never been a problem during a past stop, and I'll continue doing it.
                              No antenna? I sell plugs!

Here: https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...77#post4937877

Comment

Working...
                              X