No announcement yet.

318 Coupe vs. Vert

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

verts really don't need a front strut brace. There is enough reinforcements around that area to make up for it. However the underbody cross brace would be a welcome addition.

Also bilsteins are known for being super tight - they certainly won't help squeaky aging bushings. Actually most verts squeak because of the latches inside the tonneau cover.

it's a Kenny Powers quote on wheels

Comment

Originally posted by CanadianDirty30 View Post
      At some point in the futures the least, I'm in uni right now so funds are limited. I could always start parting together stuff for a turbo build tho, you're talking turbo m42?
      yep keep the weight towards the center and still have above 250 wheel with the right set up/tune!

Comment

Originally posted by das delfin View Post
        verts really don't need a front strut brace. There is enough reinforcements around that area to make up for it. However the underbody cross brace would be a welcome addition.

Also bilsteins are known for being super tight - they certainly won't help squeaky aging bushings. Actually most verts squeak because of the latches inside the tonneau cover.
        ^this i need to fix this

Comment

Originally posted by Brezzi View Post
          yep keep the weight towards the center and still have above 250 wheel with the right set up/tune!
          That would be sweet, I've been thinking of boosting my m42 for a while. If I get the vert I'll probably pull the trigger finally. The engine has a high compression ratio but I figure it could be somewhat reliable if I run it on lower boost
          sigpic
          91' 318is Brilliantrot
          Yes, it still has an m42

Comment

Originally posted by flyboyx View Post
            personally, i would estimate an 84 or 85 318i sedan would be the least desirable e30 possible.
            How do you figure? One of the biggest reasons E30s are so desirable right now is because they handle well and make great performance projects. All non-convertible E30s are subject to becoming performance projects and/or race cars, convertible 318s? Not as much. Early 318s are very light and are a great platform for any kind of performance project once you put the big strut tubes on and convert the rear brakes to disc, bringing the basic chassis up to date. The reason I'm saying the 318 convertible is probably the least desirable E30 is not the fact that I personally don't like convertibles, I don't represent the average buyer, it's that it really only appeals to people who want a cruiser to put around in or a convertible to stance out. That's a smaller market than the one that has made E30 value spike.

IG @turbovarg
            '91 318is, M20 turbo
            [CoTM: 4-18]
            '94 525iT slicktop, M50B30 + S362SX-E, 600WHP DD or bust
            - updated 3-17

Comment

because not everyone wants to make their classic bmw into a racecar.. Convertibles make great classic cars, which puts them into a separate category altogether. I'm talking about people outside of "car culture." Someone who just likes a vintage car to drive around in, of which there are more than someone who wants to take an early model 318 and change out literally everything to make it what a 325i will do once you remove the sound deadening material.

Comment

Originally posted by varg View Post
                How do you figure? One of the biggest reasons E30s are so desirable right now is because they handle well and make great performance projects. All non-convertible E30s are subject to becoming performance projects and/or race cars, convertible 318s? Not as much. Early 318s are very light and are a great platform for any kind of performance project once you put the big strut tubes on and convert the rear brakes to disc, bringing the basic chassis up to date. The reason I'm saying the 318 convertible is probably the least desirable E30 is not the fact that I personally don't like convertibles, I don't represent the average buyer, it's that it really only appeals to people who want a cruiser to put around in or a convertible to stance out. That's a smaller market than the one that has made E30 value spike.
                I drive mine harder than most! And having the top down is a huge plus!

Comment

Ok guys so vert was a bust. It felt the same as my coupe honestly but the condition was waay worse than mine. Most of the euro things were taken off or broken. Pictures must've been taken when it was in better condition. Glad that made my choice easy haha
                  sigpic
                  91' 318is Brilliantrot
                  Yes, it still has an m42

Comment

Originally posted by CanadianDirty30 View Post
                    Ok guys so vert was a bust. It felt the same as my coupe honestly but the condition was waay worse than mine. Most of the euro things were taken off or broken. Pictures must've been taken when it was in better condition. Glad that made my choice easy haha
                    Why do people do this? They practice dishonesty and hope that you'll be so in love with the car when you finally see it you won't care that its actually a giant piece of crap!
                    My previous build (currently E30-less)
                    http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=170390

A 2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD 4x4 Offroad in Inferno is my newest obsession

Comment

Originally posted by MR E30 325is View Post
                      Why do people do this? They practice dishonesty and hope that you'll be so in love with the car when you finally see it you won't care that its actually a giant piece of crap!
                      Yea I'm not too sure why, kinda disappointing but still glad I went and checked it out. Just made me want to stick with my coupe after all.
                      sigpic
                      91' 318is Brilliantrot
                      Yes, it still has an m42

Comment

^ knowing that, it's plausible the vert's odo had been rolled back

Comment

Originally posted by Das Delfin View Post
                          ^ knowing that, it's plausible the vert's odo had been rolled back
                          Definitely possible! Condition didn't reflect the low km's at all!
                          sigpic
                          91' 318is Brilliantrot
                          Yes, it still has an m42

Comment

Glad it was an easy choice. Sux the guy tried to dupe you

Comment

Working...
                            X