No announcement yet.

The Grand Tour

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lucky sob, Chris. but well played bringing the e30 to the taping.
    Much wow
    I hate 4 doors

Comment

I want to watch it, but I dont want to pay for prime, or make endless emails and get the free 30 days.

Ill wait till its on DVDs or pirated somewhere

Please leave feedback below, thanks

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=358170

Comment

I bought prime. It's like $8 a month. Fuck being poor.

it's a Kenny Powers quote on wheels

Comment

Originally posted by Nader393 View Post
          I tried to watch Top Gear a few years ago, and could only take it in doses.
          Ha! This reminds me of the time I took a date to go see the movie "Fargo" - We thought it was going to be normal comedy. You know, lots of chuckles, and fun. We walked out about 30 mins in and made other plans. (bow chicka bow wow)

It wasn't until I rented it on VHS (HA! Yes! VHS!) , I enjoyed it for what it is.

So my point is Nader393, when "The Grand Tour" comes out on VHS, you're going to love it!!!
          Originally posted by Matt-B
          hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

Originally posted by varg View Post
            Ferrari is a company run by petulant italian children.
            Insert the story of Lambo vs Ferrari. Wish I could find the link to where I think Jay Leno tells the story.

Comment

Originally posted by george graves View Post
              ...So my point is Nader393, when "The Grand Tour" comes out on VHS, you're going to love it!!!
              Not going to happen. First off, I find Clarkson to be offensive physically and mentally. He's a classically insecure "Do you know who I am?!!" type. He's the Roger Ailes of automotive journalism. Or in another way, he's the Sarah Jessica Parker of men's television. Other guys think he's great, and there's no reasoning with it. Just like women with SJP. Horsey face and all.

Apart from him, what about the episode? That big 3+ million dollar intro that was so hyped, for what? Three custom Mustangs driving to a Burning Man ripoff? Several overdone and unfunny skits, and an unlikable caricature of a mean-spirited American redneck to do the benchmark driving? Communist this and that? That hasn't been a decent insult since the '80's. The joke should have referred to foreign car technology as "terrorist," not "communist." There, see how easy it is?

Now that I'm thinking about how to improve the show, they should have spent a good chunk of the episode cutting in to showing all the other cool cars that showed up to the desert scene, with interviews of the owners who were fans enough to suffer in the desert. Mix it in between segments of the hypercar shootout. Leave it it at that. Introduce the track and (hopefully different) pro driver in the next episode. The episode got it wrong in being more about the grand entrance, fanfare, and sentimentalism for the trio, rather than any kind of thanks for the loyal fans that made it all possible. I imagine that's Clarkson's own arrogance at play (again).

Look, this is just my opinion in a public forum regarding a public topic. I'm not telling the rest of you that you're wrong for enjoying the show. If my opinion upsets anyone, there's no need to attack me personally for it, saying I don't get it, etc etc like Mr. Sleeve did. That was pretty small.

I'm going to stop now, before more fans take this all personally and start threatening me.
              '91 325i

Comment

^^ those are fair points

despite them I still like the episode. maybe the thing I like more than the episode is the idea of the show being back.
                cars beep boop

Comment

Originally posted by agent View Post
                  Now that's over I can share that I made the cut for tickets to the Nashville taping today. :mrgreen:

I think the RAF bit may feel less contrived and make more sense as more episodes are released.

Im so happy for you but at the same time FUCK YOU YOU LUCKY BITCH

How was it?
                  Current:
                  1989 325i
                  1988 M3
                  1987 325ic
                  Past:
                  2001 330ci
                  2001 M3

Comment

Not going to happen. First off, I find Clarkson to be offensive ........................I'm going to stop now, before more fans take this all personally and start threatening me.
                    You'd make a great TV producer. No really. I've use to be a video editor, and they seem to hire guys just like you - that want to ruin everything. ;)

Also, seems like you might be a bit new here. So, be sure to don your flame suit when you go against the grain. It's r3v, not your mom's Sunday School FB page. You're welcome none-the-less. Just don't take things toooooo personally.

I will agree with you that SJP does have a horse face. So we have *some* common ground. High five?

Comment

Originally posted by jhaurimn View Post
                      Im so happy for you but at the same time FUCK YOU YOU LUCKY BITCH

How was it?
                      Ha! It was fun! What I think surprised me the most was that the style of banter between the guys - and their digs at each other - seemed to stay relatively constant whether the cameras were actually rolling or not.
                      Originally posted by kronus
                      would be in depending on tip slant and tube size

Comment

Originally posted by george graves View Post
                        I will agree with you that SJP does have a horse face. So we have *some* common ground. High five?
                        That's just a universal truth, like that the world is round..

What I never get is you had your arms around this:

but took home this:

1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
                        2016 Ford Flex
                        2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

As a side note, I watched the review of the 911R by Matt LeBlanc yesterday and it seemed like a well done substitute for the removed cast, and then followed up by watching Chris Harris do his review of the F12 tdf for the BBC Top Gear and I think it will be nice once both shows find their new voice. These car shows are 1000x better than the BS other "car shows" that are shown on cable tv
                          Simon
                          Current Cars:
                          -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Not going to happen. First off, I find Clarkson to be offensive physically and mentally. He's a classically insecure "Do you know who I am?!!" type. He's the Roger Ailes of automotive journalism. Or in another way, he's the Sarah Jessica Parker of men's television. Other guys think he's great, and there's no reasoning with it. Just like women with SJP. Horsey face and all.

Apart from him, what about the episode? That big 3+ million dollar intro that was so hyped, for what? Three custom Mustangs driving to a Burning Man ripoff? Several overdone and unfunny skits, and an unlikable caricature of a mean-spirited American redneck to do the benchmark driving? Communist this and that? That hasn't been a decent insult since the '80's. The joke should have referred to foreign car technology as "terrorist," not "communist." There, see how easy it is?

Now that I'm thinking about how to improve the show, they should have spent a good chunk of the episode cutting in to showing all the other cool cars that showed up to the desert scene, with interviews of the owners who were fans enough to suffer in the desert. Mix it in between segments of the hypercar shootout. Leave it it at that. Introduce the track and (hopefully different) pro driver in the next episode. The episode got it wrong in being more about the grand entrance, fanfare, and sentimentalism for the trio, rather than any kind of thanks for the loyal fans that made it all possible. I imagine that's Clarkson's own arrogance at play (again).

Look, this is just my opinion in a public forum regarding a public topic. I'm not telling the rest of you that you're wrong for enjoying the show. If my opinion upsets anyone, there's no need to attack me personally for it, saying I don't get it, etc etc like Mr. Sleeve did. That was pretty small.

I'm going to stop now, before more fans take this all personally and start threatening me.
                            holy crap! well ok then....

Originally posted by djjerme View Post
                            That's just a universal truth, like that the world is round..

What I never get is you had your arms around this:

but took home this:

lol....i agree with this part.

just finished watching the show a few mins ago. it was a little cheesy, but entertaining and those guys are funny as hell. i think its the way they associate with each other that makes the show what it is more than anything else.

6000 posts!
                            sigpic
                            Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
                            92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
                            88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
                            88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
                            87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
                            12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

Enjoyed the show. I need a P1 in my life. Side note: I saw an 918 Spyder on the track when I was out there with my e30. Get outta the effing way. That thing is ludicrous speed.

Comment

Originally posted by Jb325is View Post
                                Yeah, I'm alright with Mike Skinner being the stig, he's definitely faster than any of us.

I thought the lap times were a little odd, I've never seen the P1 end up slowest in any test between those three cars. Also, Chris Harris filmed his P1/LaFerrari/918 video around the same time @ Portimao and went half a second faster in the Ferrari and Porsche, and 2 seconds faster in the P1
                                The laps were done differently though - Chris Harris did running laps while GT did standing laps (at least that's what it looked like). Since the P1 seemed the hardest to launch, but also had the highest trap speeds, the results actually seem pretty consistent (and also make Chris Harris' times not nearly as impressive).

Comment

Working...
                                X