Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ever seen the ///M badge where the check light was?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ever seen the ///M badge where the check light was?

I seen this on a CL car a couple of years back. The car had a load of issues. It ran hot. Had some decent rep seats with ///M ironed on.

What I remember well, Mtech wheel and on the cluster in place of the check light there was an M badge. What gives?

I'm guessing it was one of those mods. But these were never factory for Mtechs?
    20% Accurate

Morty: Well Summer maybe people that create things aren’t concerned with your delicate sensibilities you know? Maybe the species that communicate with each other through a filter of your comfort are less evolved that the ones that just communicate? Maybe your problems are your own to deal with and maybe the public giving a shit about your feelings is a one way ticket to extinction.

I don't think any E30 other than the M3 came with an M logo on the cluster.
    Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

It was most certainly not an m3. haha.

https://c1.staticflickr.com/9/8612/1...3819ac5c_b.jpg

You're right though. Only it was the M badge over the CHECK light. So that's a bit off. It didn't have the secondary spot. I'm guessing just a decal of some sort?
      20% Accurate

Morty: Well Summer maybe people that create things aren’t concerned with your delicate sensibilities you know? Maybe the species that communicate with each other through a filter of your comfort are less evolved that the ones that just communicate? Maybe your problems are your own to deal with and maybe the public giving a shit about your feelings is a one way ticket to extinction.

Comment

Looks like a real european M3 cluster to me.
        "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
        88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
        89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
        91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

Someone probably just put this sticker on it.

Current:
          1989 325i
          1988 M3
          1987 325ic
          Past:
          2001 330ci
          2001 M3

Comment

It is clearly not over the CHECK light and appears to be the real deal...not the bubble wheel sticker.
            "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

Comment

it also has oil temp, so all signs point m3
              WTB:m60b40 in PNW
              Zachary Ripley

85 318i M50B25tu.
              92 525it 5 speed.
              80 244gl (m60 prepping).

Comment

Pretty sure my 325i tack doesn't go to 8
                Jah bless! :pimp:

Comment

Perhaps the words "over" and "above" are errantly being used interchangeably...?
                  Originally posted by kronus
                  would be in depending on tip slant and tube size

Comment

He was just using that m3 cluster picture as reference.

What he is describing is a non-m cluster with one of those stickers over the check engine light.
                    Current:
                    1989 325i
                    1988 M3
                    1987 325ic
                    Past:
                    2001 330ci
                    2001 M3

Comment

Originally posted by jhaurimn View Post
                      He was just using that m3 cluster picture as reference.

What he is describing is a non-m cluster with one of those stickers over the check engine light.
                      I see. That should have been made clear. There's a guy selling an M overlay that replaces the Check light also but chances are someone just put a sticker over it.

Comment

I have this done because my poverty edition E30 didn't even have the check panel warning light
                        Simon
                        Current Cars:
                        -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

my m3 dash.
                          E30 M3 Cluster by Eric Berger, on Flickr
                          my mtech2 dash. (same as all my 325i cars)
                          IMG_3437 by Eric Berger, on Flickr
                          Much wow
                          I hate 4 doors

Comment

When the nagging 'light' keeps hounding me about silly things such as oil and coolant, I choose to cover it up with ///M stickers. It makes things much more peaceful for me.

Comment

Originally posted by tak7 View Post
                              When the nagging 'light' keeps hounding me about silly things such as oil and coolant, I choose to cover it up with ///M stickers. It makes things much more peaceful for me.
                              There is a one touch button for that sir!

Thanks for the replies. I see the product that was used. It was actually within the cluster (as in I could not feel it on the plastic, it could be an insert or a decal)

Either way I was just making sure I didn't walk away from something special.

The real reason I walked away, is the seller told me right before having it notarized (on my end) that he forged his sons documents (signature on the title) and the notary signature. His son was in jail, which is why he was not present. The guy made me believe it was his. I told him I wanted my deposit back and the guy threatened to kick my arse.
                              20% Accurate

Comment

Working...
                              X