No announcement yet.

The e30 gods have punished me.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He doesn't have the time to pull the parts himself as he is always working at the car wash, making that insane 2k a month. Just a super crazy amount of cash.
    My previous build (currently E30-less)
    http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=170390

A 2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD 4x4 Offroad in Inferno is my newest obsession

Comment

Sell this car and buy a bicycle. Buy a nice car after you graduate.

/thread

Comment

Originally posted by pandaboo911 View Post
        Sell this car and buy a bicycle. Buy a nice car after you graduate.

/thread
        Upside to this idea: bicycles don't have control arms, steering racks, or oil pans.

And don't say moped. It'll be a lemon.
        Interested in vintage cars? Ever thought about racing one? Info, photos, videos, and more can be found at www.michaelsvintageracing.com!

Elva Courier build thread here!

Comment

That sucks man. I recently purchased an 85 323i . guy seemed pretty honest and i didnt check as good as i should of. Took it for a short test drive and it was all good. About a week later i realized what i got myself into.

Cracked oil pan covered with rtv and flex seal that was starting to leak. A/c starting to get warmer. Found out he put r134a refridgerant in it shortly before he sold it to me.
          Now when its really hot outside the car loses power from 3krpm and up and starts to sputter. Those are just a few issues. I fixed the pan but now im trying to narrow down this power loss issue. Dont know what im going to do about the a/c but these florida days are unbearable without it.

Lesson learned here is dont trust anyone. Inspect the shit out of the car and do your research. Take it for a long test drive. Remember they want your money so do what you have to do to cover yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by Mikeyb323 View Post
            That sucks man. I recently purchased an 85 323i . guy seemed pretty honest and i didnt check as good as i should of. Took it for a short test drive and it was all good. About a week later i realized what i got myself into.

Cracked oil pan covered with rtv and flex seal that was starting to leak. A/c starting to get warmer. Found out he put r134a refridgerant in it shortly before he sold it to me.

Now when its really hot outside the car loses power from 3krpm and up and starts to sputter. Those are just a few issues. I fixed the pan but now im trying to narrow down this power loss issue. Dont know what im going to do about the a/c but these florida days are unbearable without it.

Lesson learned here is dont trust anyone. Inspect the shit out of the car and do your research. Take it for a long test drive. Remember they want your money so do what you have to do to cover yourself.

Make sure the belt that runs the AC isn't lose. The AC in my e30 works, but I have to tighten that belt about every 3 weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Lesson learned here is dont trust anyone here
              especially us.

t
              now, sometimes I just mess with people. It's more entertaining that way. george graves

Comment

Originally posted by J Mid View Post
                Make sure the belt that runs the AC isn't lose. The AC in my e30 works, but I have to tighten that belt about every 3 weeks.

That's pretty weird, you sure you're tightening the bolts all the way?
                Interested in vintage cars? Ever thought about racing one? Info, photos, videos, and more can be found at www.michaelsvintageracing.com!

Comment

Originally posted by ELVA164 View Post
                  That's pretty weird, you sure you're tightening the bolts all the way?

Yep, then after I tighten them the AC works great for like 3 weeks and then they need to be tightened again. Doesn't bother me, but yea it's wierd.

Comment

Originally posted by J Mid View Post
                    Yep, then after I tighten them the AC works great for like 3 weeks and then they need to be tightened again. Doesn't bother me, but yea it's wierd.

Get a quality belt. The crappy ones made with polyester stretch and only work properly with spring or hydraulic tensioners on modern cars

Comment

Took a good pic of the e30

Comment

Careful, that tree is pretty close to the front of the car.

Comment

lol

you would hate to have a wrecked car with issues.

oh wait a second

Please leave feedback below, thanks

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=358170

Comment

Is this just a build thread now?
                            Steve • Toronto
                            1991 318is • Brillantrot
                            Build Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Powling View Post
                              Is this just a build thread now?
                              Agreed.

It's almost like the OP wanted to revive his idiocy for the entire forum to see.

The thread had been dead for 11 days, and he updates it with a pretty lame picture of his E30.

Genius. Clearly shows he has taken the forums advice and began to make smarter decisions.
                              My previous build (currently E30-less)
                              http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=170390

A 2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD 4x4 Offroad in Inferno is my newest obsession

Comment

I'm new to r3v.

*reads thread*

I think I'm going to like it here.

As for OP, I guess dat insta high school fame and r3v fame got to him. Both shitty claims to fame - the car for the school parking lot, and this thread for the internet.

Comment

Working...
                                X