No announcement yet.

The e30 gods have punished me.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Honestly at your age if you had to have fancy newer car, you should have gotten a loan from a bank that way you could be building your credit. I had a clean e53 x5 when i was 19 and that really helped get my credit rating built up.

But now that you have got this thing you either lose your ass selling it, or park it for a bit, drive your e30 and finish fixing it then enjoy it like james said.

Comment

Keeping the car is the only option I am not considering.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by J Mid View Post
        Keeping the car is the only option I am not considering.

sounds like a bad decision in a string of bad decisions. You're nothing if not consistent, OP

it's a Kenny Powers quote on wheels

Comment

:popcorn:
          If it's got tits or tires, it's gonna cost ya!

Comment

Even if it had no problems at all I would want to sell it. Having a big loan to pay off this young sucks. I thought the car would be worth it and make me happy. Most you guys are adults, you guys have mortgages, car payments, all types of insurance, kids. I know there are some people on here with all that. I have my whole adult life to worry about making payments. I would like to be debt free during highschool. Obviously I had to learn that as I didn't believe my parents when they told me. Once again my fault.

Where was this line of logic BEFORE you got the car????

[IMG]https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/my350z.com-vbulletin/550x225/80-parkerbsig_5096690e71d912ec1addc4a84e99c374685fc03 8.jpg[/IMG

Comment

Complained because he couldn't fix his E30 for $3500...buys a $14k F30 instead.

Now thats logic. You are learning some valuable life lessons OP.
              Last edited by Powling; 05-25-2017, 01:55 PM.
              Steve • Toronto
              1991 318is • Brillantrot
              Build Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Powling View Post
                Complained because he couldn't fix his E30 for $3500...buys a $14k F30 instead.

Now thats logic. You are learning some valuable life lessons OP.
                He thought it would be more reliable. He chose poorly. OP the rule of thumb is that you should only be spending less than 10% of your GROSS income on your car per month including insurance. Personally, I keep it to 7-8%. For you, making $2k/month your budget should be $200 a month. In the adult world anyway.
                F80 ///M3 CS
                i3 REx LCI
                Previous: F80 M3 • I01 i3 REx • F30 340i M Sport ZTR • F30 328i Sport • Audi B7 S4 25Quattro #33 of 250

Comment

Damn your good attitude. It's "un-r3vable"

This thread did not deliver...

I agree with the; learn from.. another one of your mistakes, fix it and enjoy it.
                  Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

Originally posted by MrBurgundy View Post
                    Damn your good attitude. It's "un-r3vable"
                    Just like his car's N20.

:p
                    Interested in vintage cars? Ever thought about racing one? Info, photos, videos, and more can be found at www.michaelsvintageracing.com!

Elva Courier build thread here!

Comment

This thread is as good a cautionary tale for getting PPI anytime you purchase a used car as you can get.
                      Estoguy
                      1986 BMW 325, Alpenweiss ~ "Elsa"

Need a photographer, come visit my site: http://estoguy.wix.com/unique-perspectives

Comment

Keeping the car is the only option I am not considering
                        I cannot believe you're not considering that.

Then again, I can..... because you bought an F30, from an old guy, who is an ex-used car salesman, who got the car on an impound, at a tow yard and you purchased it with money loaned to you by gram gramz, while still in debt to your parents for repairs they made on your e30, because you trina-ed it....

......You should take all the advise you can get.
                        Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

all 4 mechanic shops that car have been to have all told me, you don't want anything to do with this car. All of them have said sell it.

Comment

OP just fyi for the future, you can't afford a $15k car loan on a monthly income of $1.5k.

Grandma may bail you out this time but try some restraint in the future.

Comment

This topic is getting old and going nowwhere, new topic.

So you are from Bend Oregon? So you have "Deschutes Brewery" in your town?

That was my favourite beer when i lived in Canada, the little shop around the corner would import the American beers, and Deschutes was one they always had in stock.

Their IPA is absolutely delicious. As is their mirror pond pale ale.

We actually get their IPA here in Australia, but its very expensive and few and far between.

Comment

Originally posted by e30davie View Post
                                This topic is getting old and going nowwhere, new topic.

So you are from Bend Oregon? So you have "Deschutes Brewery" in your town?

That was my favourite beer when i lived in Canada, the little shop around the corner would import the American beers, and Deschutes was one they always had in stock.

Their IPA is absolutely delicious. As is their mirror pond pale ale.

We actually get their IPA here in Australia, but its very expensive and few and far between.

Yep, we were named beer town USA a couple years back. There is a ton of brewerys here. Deschutes being the largest.

Comment

Working...
                                X