Value of this e30 Baur?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Value of this e30 Baur?

I've owned it since '92. Lost interest in it. Does not run. Needs new engine. Head has a crack by #4 spark plug and wets the plug. Does not cross with oil though. It smoked when it ran, probably needs rings. It does have a Dr.Schrick cam in it. I have the original cam and block that goes with the car. It was originally a 2.0, 6 cylinder. Right now it has a 2.3, 6 cylinder. It has eibach springs, I do have the original springs also. The car has no exhaust, starting from the head all the way back. I do have the original exhaust manifolds. All those extra parts go with the car. It's been in non-op since December of 2002. The color is bronzit beige metallic. I want to sell it, what's it worth?
    Attached Files

Looks like it also needs a rear plastic window.. not sure if those are as expensive to fix on baur as on a regular vert. Depending on the interior I'd say $1500-$2500 maybe $3k if the paint looks great and is original.
    Build Threads:
    Pamela/Bella/Betty/325ix/5-Lug Seta/S60R/Miata ITB/Miata Turbo/Miata VVT/951/325xi-6

Comment

go to baurspotting.com and look at what these cars are going for. If there is an enthusiast market for these cars, its on that website. Given that it's a 323i if you get the car running again and clean it up I would say this car in nice clean condition should bring you approx. $7,000+ if you market it right. Especially if it is low mileage and you have paperwork/records.

From the looks of it the body and paint are very good condition. All depends on mechanicals though. Bring it to a good shop and have them take a look at it so you know what your getting yourself into.
      [/SIGPIC]

Comment

Nice car. So you're saying it's a 320i with a 323i engine? Does it have a BAR label? I think Baur's are worth a premium to the right buyer. However, given the state it's in mechanically, needing a new engine/exhaust and being non op for 15 years...it's going to need a lot of work. I agree with Julien, only because it's a euro Baur that looks pretty clean. I will have an M20B23 available soon if interested in getting it running.
        "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
        88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
        89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
        91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

Looks really nice but most people won't pay a premium for a car that does not run and has so many unknowables.

GLWS

[IMG]https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/my350z.com-vbulletin/550x225/80-parkerbsig_5096690e71d912ec1addc4a84e99c374685fc03 8.jpg[/IMG

Comment

it would help to know what the interior was like. if it has leather sport seats in good shape that would be a plus. most people generally consider bronzit beige to be a negative selling point. baur's are a very polarizing car. there is a good portion of the community that think they are ugly. however, there is also a portion that like them as much as others dislike them.

the car looks like a good restoration candidate. generally people won't want to pay you anything for a car with a bad engine though. only knowing the limited info you have provided, i agree with the 2-3k assessment above.
            sigpic
            Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
            92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
            88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
            88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
            87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
            12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

Originally posted by flyboyx View Post
              it would help to know what the interior was like. if it has leather sport seats in good shape that would be a plus.
              They're grey/beige cloth comforts. You can see in the 2nd pic

Comment

Originally posted by iXguido View Post
                They're grey/beige cloth comforts. You can see in the 2nd pic

You can sort of see the tops but not the areas that wear or the rest of the interior.

To evaluate something it helps to see most of it.

[IMG]https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/my350z.com-vbulletin/550x225/80-parkerbsig_5096690e71d912ec1addc4a84e99c374685fc03 8.jpg[/IMG

Comment

Originally posted by reelizmpro View Post
                  Nice car. So you're saying it's a 320i with a 323i engine? Does it have a BAR label? I think Baur's are worth a premium to the right buyer. However, given the state it's in mechanically, needing a new engine/exhaust and being non op for 15 years...it's going to need a lot of work. I agree with Julien, only because it's a euro Baur that looks pretty clean. I will have an M20B23 available soon if interested in getting it running.
                  Yes, it has a BAR label. Yes, it's a 320i with a 6 cylinder. Right now it has a 323i block with crank and pistons.

Comment

Originally posted by parkerbink View Post
                    You can sort of see the tops but not the areas that wear or the rest of the interior.

To evaluate something it helps to see most of it.
                    I get that, I was just making a point that they are cloth comfort seats. I didn't say anything about the condition.

Comment

Too many unknowns to drop serious dough on an otherwise cool-ish car.

2-3k seems appropriate.
                      My previous build (currently E30-less)
                      http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=170390

A 2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD 4x4 Offroad in Inferno is my newest obsession

Comment

tree kay
                        If it's got tits or tires, it's gonna cost ya!

Comment

You can make some money back by selling me the cam :)
                          Simon
                          Current Cars:
                          -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

The car is sold. Thank you everybody for your feedback.

Comment

you people need to stop hiding your plates, the bogeyman isnt going to get you if the internet sees it. i just dont get why people seem to think they need to hide their plate

Please leave feedback below, thanks

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=358170

Comment

Working...
                              X