Buy my E30 Or Talk Me Down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by M-technik-3 View Post
    Rent out a storage garage in in the area for 6 months. Coming back to it fresh is easier then being frustrated about quitting a project. Take a break enjoy the DC mild winter with family.
    Mild? It's freezing at night and winter hasn't even started! It was down to 7 last winter! I was just thinking I need to move south while walking to my e39 today.

If it could not go below 55 at night during winter that would be great.

Originally posted by TimeMachinE30 View Post
    Brah
    .. paint and body.... 4Gs.

Wheels were to be 600....

Just $$$.
    We'll do it ourselves. We can buy Rustoleum White spray paint!
    AWD > RWD

Comment

Originally posted by varg View Post
      Sell it and come back whining about how you shouldn't have sold it and they're so expensive now. That seems to be a r3v tradition.

Agreed.

Make sure to bitch and complain as much as possible. This will help other sellers justify their higher prices even more.
      If it's got tits or tires, it's gonna cost ya!

Comment

If you don't want to work on it anymore just don't. Sell it, get some of your money back and put it towards something you enjoy more. There is little more frustrating than having an optional project you don't really enjoy any more.

Then never look back, unless it's to examine the tire smoke from your new to you AMG.

Comment

Fix to see the broken photobucket pictures...

Still need some time to take it back to exhaust shop to add a resonator, hope to quiet it down even more.
          ACS S3 Build / Dinan 5 E34

Comment

Is this a for sale thread?
            Originally posted by kronus
            would be in depending on tip slant and tube size

Comment

I offer $3.50, can pick up tomorrow any time.

Comment

Originally posted by varg View Post
                Sell it and come back whining about how you shouldn't have sold it and they're so expensive now. That seems to be a r3v tradition.
                /Thread
                My Garage
                2001 Z3 2.5i Steel Gray/Black (Lexi)
                1988 325ix Diamond Schwartz/Black (Izzy)
                1989 325i Cirrus Blue/Houndstooth (Stitch)
                Feedback

Instagram: Stone.Hopkins

Comment

If its a toy just keep it and finish it. Take a break from it if you need to and recoup some money

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
                  1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
                  Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
                  Mtech 2 turbo restoration
                  Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

It would be a shame to see a familiar face leave the community.. If you still enjoy working on the car some times I'd say keep it, I'm sure finding a clean rust free e30 in your part of the states isn't the easiest task huh? I've sold all my e30's though, somewhat regret selling my coupe a year or so back just because of how solid of a car it was. I have my doubts I'll ever be able to build a e30 that solid again. Having one again is nice, but it's really repetitive fixing the same common e30 problems over and over again.

1992 M tech 2 Convertible - S50 Swap
                    1992 e34 Touring- S50 Swap
                    1992 325i-S50 Swap (SOLD)

1995 e36 M3 Mugello Red - S50 (SOLD)
                    1991 325i Convertible Laguna Green (SOLD)
                    1987 325i (SOLD);1992 M tech 2 Convertible (SOLD)
                    1988 325i Convertible Alpine White (SOLD)
                    Brilliantrot Convertible 80k Miles (SOLD)
                    1992 325i Convertible Schwarz (SOLD)
                    1992 318i Convertible Project-Finished (SOLD)

Comment

Originally posted by KIRIEIW View Post
                      It would be a shame to see a familiar face leave the community.. If you still enjoy working on the car some times I'd say keep it, I'm sure finding a clean rust free e30 in your part of the states isn't the easiest task huh? I've sold all my e30's though, somewhat regret selling my coupe a year or so back just because of how solid of a car it was. I have my doubts I'll ever be able to build a e30 that solid again. Having one again is nice, but it's really repetitive fixing the same common e30 problems over and over again.

I appreciate that.

It is a toy.. from six or so years ago. I will get the exhaust right and go from there.

And I wouldn't come back crying. So many cool cars out there.. Id be just as hally or unhappy with it, too.

Is it a for sale thread? Not yet. Make an offer. Id sell it with all ACS parts, full bkdy kit sans rear spoiler. Wneels. Knob. M30 Valve cover. Some NOS parts (center console...).

Comment

Hey so, I have some lint and a couple nickels, I'll offer half of it for your car.

Comment

This is part of the reason, too. I am finding the group surrounding the chassis....reminding me of 15 years ago when I was in the VW scene.

I need more of a grandpa car I suppose. Maybe an S55, E63 or E55.

Comment

Originally posted by TimeMachinE30 View Post
                            This is part of the reason, too. I am finding the group surrounding the chassis....reminding me of 15 years ago when I was in the VW scene.

I need more of a grandpa car I suppose. Maybe an S55, E63 or E55.
                            The E30 scene still seems okay to me, and the younger folks have a lot to learn, but it's way better than the VW scene in my experience.

We all get old, and our priorities change. Get an E63 and bring it to the CP meet, we'll like it.

Comment

Working...
                            X