Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

where can I get a BIG BORE THROTTLE BODY?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

where can I get a BIG BORE THROTTLE BODY?

Any ideas let me know. Thanks

Bmpd

Comment

they don't cary it any more

Comment

i remember seeing an advertisement in a roudel issue a few months back. I dont have any here at school so i cant look for you, but it was there. It wasn't a big player, some specialty shop. I'm sure you can check the list of advertisers online.
        --Will

Comment

All hotels in Estremadura. The best selection of Estremadura hotels with reviews and maps. Book in advance and save.

Comment

If you are talking about the M20 one then its completely useless

Comment

why ??????????????

Comment

because the intake manifold is restricted.
                Erick Mahle | FullOpp Drift | YouTube
                EurostopUSA | Dunlop Tires | Ireland Engineering | EnthusiastApparel | Ground Control

..::Support FullOpp::..
                FullOpp Stickers for sale!
                NEW | Enthusiast Apparel T-Shirts! | NEW
                Feedback Thread

Originally posted by Mr. Anderson
                ...one of the most hardcore E30's around. :D

Comment

Originally posted by rwdrift View Post
                  because the intake manifold is restricted.
                  yeh its restricted by the throttle body;)
                  89 E30 325is Lachs Silber - currently M20B31, M20B33 in the works, stroked to the hilt...

new build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=317505

Comment

he meant to say the intake manifold is the restrictive point, or bottle neck.

The AFM is also a chokepoint to address.
                    R.I.P 07/01/09 - 04/23/10 :(

Comment

Don't waste your money.

Comment

Originally posted by 92 mtechnic cabrio View Post
                        he meant to say the intake manifold is the restrictive point, or bottle neck.

The AFM is also a chokepoint to address.
                        didn't you notice the ;) in my post.

You'll get more from a modded head than a modded intake manifold or BBTB. So i say the head is more important than both put together. But a BBTB or modified intake manifold shouldn't be purchased unless you have a properly modded head with good cam and extractors IMO.
                        89 E30 325is Lachs Silber - currently M20B31, M20B33 in the works, stroked to the hilt...

Comment

IMO, u guys r wrong...

Of course modding the head u gonna get power, but u gonna gain even more if u port the intake manifold, and use a BBTB... u gonna have gains.

What we do here, is take a TB butterfly from a M30B35, dissasemble the TB, so it's just the housing... take it 2 an engineer, and tell them to bore out the TB, to work with this Butterfly... Works pretty well... ;)

We all use them...

Comment

SAE30 you know as well as anyoine that a good head (and cam) is better than a BBTB and a ported Intake manifold but one cost more than the other

Comment

Originally posted by SA E30 View Post
                              IMO, u guys r wrong...

Of course modding the head u gonna get power, but u gonna gain even more if u port the intake manifold, and use a BBTB... u gonna have gains.

What we do here, is take a TB butterfly from a M30B35, dissasemble the TB, so it's just the housing... take it 2 an engineer, and tell them to bore out the TB, to work with this Butterfly... Works pretty well... ;)

We all use them...
                              you have one of those for sale? pics

I was up above it, Now I'm down in it ~ Entropy - A Build thread.
                              @Zakspeed_US

Comment

Working...
                              X