Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Out of all the e30s i've owned, I've never...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've never wanted another E series to replace my 30

Comment

...had a car with an m20. I've had an m10, m50nv, m50, m52, m42, and just bought another e30 w/a m10.
      IMG_0145 by Jonathan Martin, on Flickr

Comment

It's been a while but I lost 2 iS lips.
        Originally posted by blunttech
        so true.. never let them know where you live..I almost ended up in jail when I was raping young women on craigslist

Comment

Originally posted by LJ851 View Post
          I agree. My last car was also an automatic originally and the M20 just doesn’t make enough bottom end torque to drive around below 3k rpm like the auto trans forces it to do. If you mat the throttle it’s fine, nice crisp shifts near redline but there is no middle ground.

An auto M30 car would probably be ok.

I used to drive my car in semi automatic mode when it had an auto trans [emoji1787]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by decay View Post
            i'd be genuinely surprised if there were a 3-digit number of e30 baurs *in* ostralya. mine was an '80s grey-market, like every one that ever came to US, and i've never seen another one in person.
            There is one randomly parked in Berkeley, because of course there is. Also a street parked lach e30 m3
            Build Threads:
            Pamela/Bella/Betty/325ix/5-Lug Seta/S60R/Miata ITB/Miata Turbo/Miata VVT/951/325xi-6

Comment

...owned any other besides the one you see below.

OBDI M62B44/6 swap
              Transaction feedback
              - jpod999

Comment

...replaced a piece of glass.

Comment

I've never lost an iS lip. The iS Lip on my current E30 (re-shell) survived this shit right below:

It may have cracked but it didn't break. Same iS lip on my car right now.

1991 BMW 318i (Old Shell RIP, Now Being Re-shelled & Reborn)
                  1983 Peugeot 505 STI
                  1992 Volvo 240 Wagon
                  2009 Toyota 4Runner SR5 Sport 4WD

Comment

Ouch - that's a nasty accident. Nevermind the iS lip, good to hear that you're ok after a shunt like that!
                    My e30: OEM+ with M30B35

Comment

Ouch that was a nasty hit. Glad you made it out alive. That picture is like an automotive history for me. Just replace the Elantra with an Accent. I owned two CB7(4th gen) Accord coupes. The Accent was totaled (RIP) last year.
                      90 Bronzit 325is
                      16 Black Sapphire 340i M Sport

Comment

That was a fierce collision. Never had a cracked dash 2-0 so far. Just had a reverse light go out. So can check that off as "replaced." My drivers side door lock is going so I will get the joy of replacing that soon.

Comment

Working...
                        X