spark plug replacement question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

spark plug replacement question

How do you remove the small black plug (the wire that is not to the coil or to a spark plug) on the drivers side of the engine. I switched my plug wires and cant seem to figure out how to get this little plug off..It seems like it just snaps on/off...I have to be doing something wrong.
    90is, longtube headers/straight pipe/mark d 18# 93 0ctane chip/18# injectors/vogtland springs/bilst. sports

:firehop:

Not sure what you mean. Is it a spark plug wire? I don't think any wires for the spark plugs go onto the driver's side. I will post up a pic and maybe you can point it out.
    Originally posted by cabriodster87
    "Honey? What color is this wire? Is it the same as that one? Are you sure? I don't believe it. OK, it works. Thank you sweetie."
    Originally posted by Kershaw
    i've got a boner and a desire to speed.

Comment

I'm assumeing you have the m20b25?
      "Honey? What color is this wire? Is it the same as that one? Are you sure? I don't believe it. OK, it works. Thank you sweetie."

Comment

thanks man, yea, its a m20b25..

It is a wire that plugs in underthe round thing..I circled it in red.

here is the little bugger...

Last edited by german g; 10-09-2006, 07:32 AM.
        90is, longtube headers/straight pipe/mark d 18# 93 0ctane chip/18# injectors/vogtland springs/bilst. sports

Comment

if you are not planning on selling your used wire i would just unplug it and cut it off. you'll just have to route the new one the same way and make sure it doesn't get caught on any moving parts. take note of how the old one is routed.

1991 330is

Comment

Originally posted by bmws50b30 View Post
            if you are not planning on selling your used wire i would just unplug it and cut it off. you'll just have to route the new one the same way and make sure it doesn't get caught on any moving parts. take note of how the old one is routed.
            I cant unplug the little black thing that I circled though..

Comment

I would try to help but my eta does not have that.

Comment

damn, someones gotta know how to get this bastard off!!

Comment

you mang give me a holla if you need some help. im free i think all week. Getting fired ftw!"

I was up above it, Now I'm down in it ~ Entropy - A Build thread.
                  @Zakspeed_US

Comment

Originally posted by moatilliatta View Post
                    you mang give me a holla if you need some help. im free i think all week. Getting fired ftw!"
                    I might give ya a call tonite, Do you know what that plug is and how to get the bastard off??

getting fired, that sux bro. You should take up engine bay detailing as a carreer :-)

Comment

yeah. haha. i belive so. i had a problem also. it will pop off though. you just have to be careful. alright later on.

I was up above it, Now I'm down in it ~ Entropy - A Build thread.
                      @Zakspeed_US

Comment

I'm pretty sure it has one of those spring type clips that you have to push in. Similar to the coolant temp connectors.

Comment

Originally posted by german g View Post
                          I cant unplug the little black thing that I circled though..
                          check your new wires on how it will attach. remove the old one the same way. i can't remember how i removed mine because i don't have an m20 anymore but i also had a hard time removing that wire when i replaced my wires. hope this helps and good luck

1991 330is

Comment

If I'm not mistaken, that wire has to do with the impulse sensor. It is retained by a metal clip. Someone may have put the clip on from the bottom, which would make it difficult to see. Use a small screwdriver and lightly pry on the metal clip...be prepared for it to fly-off. However, you will want to reuse it and install it from the top.

Comment

I dont ever remember having trouble removing this piece. I was also in the middle of a timing belt swap but even then I think it wasnt even an issue.
                              Back to my roots

Comment

Working...
                              X