No announcement yet.

alen screw stripped !!!!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

don't screw it up. They make tools just for stuff like this. They are called turbo's and they fit over the outside of the head and grip onto it. You can cut a slot in it but thats gonna be a PITA if it breaks etc. Do it right and save yourself the time ;)
    ///Alpinweiß II 24v 91' 318is, Alpinweiß III 99' 323i, 04' Yamaha R6 SE for sale, 00' VW GTi, 83' El Camino BURNED, 01' P71sold, 92' Miatasold

Comment

Originally posted by luvin my 325es View Post
      If you have a dremmel you could cut cut a slot in the screw head to fit flat screwdriver.
      Easy out should work if you can get drill in there.
      Good luck.
      YOU WIN!!!! That was the only way that worked for me..that bitch was in there TIGHT..Thanks dude.
      90is, longtube headers/straight pipe/mark d 18# 93 0ctane chip/18# injectors/vogtland springs/bilst. sports

:firehop:

Comment

Everybody working on old cars should have these:

Craftsman Bolt Remover

And a set of these.

Comment

^^1st link is the "turbos" I was talking about. They are awsome
          ///Alpinweiß II 24v 91' 318is, Alpinweiß III 99' 323i, 04' Yamaha R6 SE for sale, 00' VW GTi, 83' El Camino BURNED, 01' P71sold, 92' Miatasold

Comment

Originally posted by asubimmer View Post
            ^^1st link is the "turbos" I was talking about. They are awsome
            Yup. Saved my a** a number of times.

Comment

Originally posted by e30tom View Post
              Yup. Saved my a** a number of times.
              i'm buying a set this weekend, the dremmel fix was pretty sketchy.
              90is, longtube headers/straight pipe/mark d 18# 93 0ctane chip/18# injectors/vogtland springs/bilst. sports

Comment

It's a spring clip FI plug just like every other plug of its type on this engine.

Just push the metel clip in and yank on the plug.

Comment

Originally posted by arsevader View Post
                  It's a spring clip FI plug just like every other plug of its type on this engine.

Just push the metel clip in and yank on the plug.
                  Yea, my dumb ass finally figured it out. The plug was on upside down, so I couldn't see the clip..

thanks

Comment

Originally posted by german g View Post
                    Yea, my dumb ass finally figured it out. The plug was on upside down, so I couldn't see the clip..

thanks
                    Ah

Yeah it's done like that so you can't plug the wrong plug into the wrong port.

Comment

Originally posted by arsevader View Post
                      Ah

Yeah it's done like that so you can't plug the wrong plug into the wrong port.
                      that makes sence (embarrased smiley)

Well, im off to get my headers and exhaust put on

Comment

Working...
                      X