Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1 series coming to the US with a bang...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ryan Stewart View Post
    I dont think you understand just how small this thing is. The E30 is bigger inside.
    Perfect.
    E30 Wiki: e30dohc.com/wiki

Comment

Originally posted by doctorsmoothluv View Post
      I would like to believe that it would be the same here in the US, but I tend to lean towards the belief that we are just a nation of consumers with different demands than Europe and Asia. It kind of reminds me of the wealth of diversity that I see in terms of models offered by both Honda and Toyota domestically whenever I visit Japan (which I do regularly). To be perfectly frank, there are a shit load of models, mostly micro, that we do not see on our shores from the Japanese automakers. I think that the European and Asian markets place a higher priority on model diversity. It also is not uncommon for these diverse models to occupy the same price segment.

It seems however that we are more used to a structured tier system here. One model leads directly into the price point of the next higher deviation in the lineage. I tend to believe that our market places more emphasis on size, power, and price.

Not trying to cut you down in the least, I for one am sincerely hoping this little thing makes it over here. Hell, I was even disappointed that BMW completely removed four cylinder offerings from our market (I know that consumers here obviously did not want them), still thought it would have been cool to pick up a new 320i.
      Those are good points. Although I've never been to Europe or Asia, I know their car model structure is different from ours. Like you said, we have a tier setup that leads from one model to another.

The Mini is very different from BMWs (in name, FWD, styling, etc.), but would be the same size as a 1-series, and probably only a few grand cheaper. I guess that's why BMW is only going to be offering six cylinder models here--four cylinders would probably canibalize Mini sales. However, that puts the 1-series at an automatic disadvantage; a lot of people who'd buy a 1 would probably be enthusiasts like us, who'd rather have a lighter, more basic package.

I guess time will tell. Premium hatchbacks (with the exception of the Mini) don't do well over here--the 318ti and the MB C class hatch (can't remember what the hell it was called) both bombed over here. Maybe the 1 will have better luck--it's certainly more distinctive and unique than those two models were.

BTW, this is the 1 I'd really like to see:

1988 325ic Automatic

Comment

hot

Comment

Those headlights are so so, and 4 door hatchbacks are soooo boring. /flamesuit on :mrgreen:
          Mtech1 v8 build thread - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=413205

OEM v8 manual chip or dme - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho....php?p=4938827

Comment

i want to see a 2 door, with big fat rear flares like the old M coupe. if/when i sell my corolla and 240sx, it will be for a 135.

-Dane
            diving board division, bishez.

Comment

This car is very appealing to me. I'd take it over any VW or Honda hatch. Seems a little off balance, but I really want to see it in person. I bet it's fun to drive.

Comment

I'd buy one.

Comment

Well I know the next car i'm getting :pimp:
                  Who doesn't love a little BBQ?
                  Griot's Garage at a Deep Discount

Comment

Originally posted by E30 Wagen View Post
                    I'd take it over any VW or Honda hatch. Seems a little off balance, but I really want to see it in person. I bet it's fun to drive.
                    what he said. looks and size wise its getting better, and i like the 4 door hatch version more than other hatches.

Comment

yes i am reviving a dead post, but....

im not sure if i posted this yet, but i was going through some of my old pictures and i found these pics, i took on my way to mammoth for a snowboarding trip around december....there was a 1er along with a new mini i guess being tested in the middle of the desert....

It caught my eye, i was like wtf is that...wait...nowai! its a 1-series!
                      only had my shitty ass camera phone (may of distorted the images somewhat), so deal with it

i don't know guys....in person the 1 actually looks good. I think i might rock one when they come out....twin turbo'd 1 sounds wicked

All-Red/MHW style Professional Tinted Tail lights
                      PnP EMS, fuel injectors, wideband o2 systems

Comment

MMMmmm MM

so buying the 3-door 135i when they hit the states.

Comment

Bringing car buyers and enthusiasts automotive news coverage with high-res images and video from car shows and reveals around the world.

My transaction feedback thread(s):

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=292029 :up:

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=329392 :up:

Comment

ill get one when i have the monies!
                            AWII 1991 318is - Sold
                            Schwarz 1988 325is - Sold
                            Schwarz 1991 325i - Driven

Comment

Anyone got a link to the top gear?

edit:

The engine would deliver 343 horsepower and provide a zero to 62 mph time of 5.2 seconds
                              does that sound SLOW to anyone else? wtf

Comment

Man, the 4door is butt ugly.

Mtech1 v8 build thread - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=413205

OEM v8 manual chip or dme - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho....php?p=4938827

Comment

Working...
                                X