Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1 series coming to the US with a bang...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i think i may just do that too..

though i wouldnt mind a deisel either.

All-Red/MHW style Professional Tinted Tail lights
    PnP EMS, fuel injectors, wideband o2 systems

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan Stewart View Post
      I dont think you understand just how small this thing is. The E30 is bigger inside.
      shit, and everyone bitches at me because their heads touch the roof.......hell.

Comment

Originally posted by doctorsmoothluv View Post
        I myself would also like to see this thing hit our shores, but I am still a bit skeptical as to whether it will even come or not. I suppose I will believe things more when there is an official release from BMW. I still find it hard to believe that BMW would potentially unleash anything that might possibly tamper with the Mini's market share. I know that Mini is doing exceptionally well for BMW here in America, even more so than in any other market. Hmmm.

they are not in the same category. The top of the line Cooper S weighs in at 2679 lbs. Current topline 130i model weighs in at 3195 lbs. So 135i should weigh a bit more than that. Hopefully not more then the piggy R32. Last gen R32 weighed 3400lbs! New one is supposed to be a bit more than that. I dont consider that a sporty hatch.

Comment

Originally posted by nitro325is View Post
          they are not in the same category. The top of the line Cooper S weighs in at 2679 lbs. Current topline 130i model weighs in at 3195 lbs. So 135i should weigh a bit more than that. Hopefully not more then the piggy R32. Last gen R32 weighed 3400lbs! New one is supposed to be a bit more than that. I dont consider that a sporty hatch.
          I was referring more to the overlapping in price brackets that may occur between the two, not necessarily the disparity in curb weights.

Comment

Originally posted by doctorsmoothluv View Post
            I was referring more to the overlapping in price brackets that may occur between the two, not necessarily the disparity in curb weights.
            I see your point, and I would wonder too, but BMW's been selling the 1-series in Europe for several years now, and I guess it hasn't been competing with the Mini. Maybe they feel it'd be the same in the US.
            1988 325ic Automatic

Comment

Originally posted by 325iCabrio View Post
              I see your point, and I would wonder too, but BMW's been selling the 1-series in Europe for several years now, and I guess it hasn't been competing with the Mini. Maybe they feel it'd be the same in the US.
              I would like to believe that it would be the same here in the US, but I tend to lean towards the belief that we are just a nation of consumers with different demands than Europe and Asia. It kind of reminds me of the wealth of diversity that I see in terms of models offered by both Honda and Toyota domestically whenever I visit Japan (which I do regularly). To be perfectly frank, there are a shit load of models, mostly micro, that we do not see on our shores from the Japanese automakers. I think that the European and Asian markets place a higher priority on model diversity. It also is not uncommon for these diverse models to occupy the same price segment.

It seems however that we are more used to a structured tier system here. One model leads directly into the price point of the next higher deviation in the lineage. I tend to believe that our market places more emphasis on size, power, and price.

Not trying to cut you down in the least, I for one am sincerely hoping this little thing makes it over here. Hell, I was even disappointed that BMW completely removed four cylinder offerings from our market (I know that consumers here obviously did not want them), still thought it would have been cool to pick up a new 320i.

Comment

i would LOVE to have one. im a big fan personally.

-Dane
                diving board division, bishez.

Comment

like he said^
                  I

here in germany, there are alot of different models of the cars, and honestly, most of the ones that are sold are stripped down base models. Here in Germany BMW is a name that people want, but cant afford most of the time. Most of the cars sold over here have very few options, dating all the way back to E30 days. there is probably 50 316i cars to every 325i over here.

but on the other hand, you cant buy a stripped down chevy or Dodge over here brand new. If you buy a CK Chevy truck from a Chevy dealer over here, you are going to get a 4x4 loaded truck as the "base" over here- kinda the same as BMWs in the States.

You can still buy a BRAND NEW 5er with non-power rear windows over here!!!

Comment

Originally posted by mikeedler View Post
                    You can still buy a BRAND NEW 5er with non-power rear windows over here!!!

And twenty years from now, when there is a r3v generation for the e60, there will still those trying to be 3ur0 by doing manual rear window conversions.

And Mike will still be making money by shipping everything to those losers over here in the states. lol
                    Erick Mahle | FullOpp Drift | YouTube
                    EurostopUSA | Dunlop Tires | Ireland Engineering | EnthusiastApparel | Ground Control

..::Support FullOpp::..
                    FullOpp Stickers for sale!
                    NEW | Enthusiast Apparel T-Shirts! | NEW
                    Feedback Thread

Originally posted by Mr. Anderson
                    ...one of the most hardcore E30's around. :D

Comment

hopefully i wont be here any more by that time!

Comment

Hah, when does the ///M hit the cutoff age for the painless US import?
                        EurostopUSA | Dunlop Tires | Ireland Engineering | EnthusiastApparel | Ground Control

Feedback Thread

Comment

I have a good idea. They whould just make the mini RWD

Comment

Originally posted by mikeedler View Post
                            there is probably 50 316i cars to every 325i over here.
                            True story. I rarely saw a 6 cylinder E30 of the few I saw. Its like that pretty much all over Europe except in England not so much.

Mariano

2001 Titaniumsilber 540i Sport 6-Speed
                            1990 Diamantschwarz Alpha-N 2.5L ///M3
                            1986 Alpinweiss 325e M50B25 (R.I.P.)

-Talk to me when more sound comes from the induction than from the exhaust...

-Argentina........lo mas grande que hay.

Comment

Originally posted by e304me View Post
                              I have a good idea. They whould just make the mini RWD
                              With the mini's wheelbase, it would be instant death on any unexperienced driver.

Feedback Thread

Comment

25 years, so 4 more to go!!!! till it will be in the u.s.

and they dont make the mini rear wheel drive because it is a piece of junk.-the same reason it doesnt wear a BMW badge. thin, cheap plastic EVERYWHERE!

Comment

Working...
                                X