Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1 series coming to the US with a bang...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've always liked the 1 series. BMW has had a big hole in its lineup ever since they took the 3 upmarket with our E30s. It's about time BMW had a relativelty simple, affordable, entry-level car. It's how they made their name.

A 135i seems over the top though. I'd much rather have a 120d or a small four/six cylinder. Although, come to think of it, the N54 in last years 3 series would be pretty tight...254 NA horsepower...mmmm.
    1988 325ic Automatic

Comment

i need to make good friends with a chop shop... E30 335i ftw.

Comment

Wow! Bold step indeed. Looking forward to the release though.

Isn't as hot as an Mcoupe (no shit) but would be a bargain with the twin turbo inline 6. And of course aftermarket potential is good for the enthusiast!

Mike

Comment

Originally posted by Eurospeed View Post
          I don't like it in stock form, but I've seen several done by AC Schnitzer, Hartge and Hamann that made me very happy in pants.
          Love the wording. L'edmao

Comment

I dont think you understand. the 1er is alot larger feeling in the interior compartment than the E30. The cars themselves, are plastic, cheaply made pieces of junk IMO. I have had to put alot of these things back together after accidents, and have serviced alot of them, and have ZERO love for them.

butttttttt the 130 that comes in to my work all the time sounds sooooooo nice!

Comment

Ugly!
              Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Originally posted by TimKninja
              Im more afraid of this thread turning into one of those classic R3v moments, where Pizza gets delivered.

Comment

:giggle:
                Originally posted by rwdrift View Post
                Isnt the M coupe like $50k??? For 30K, that mini-M coupe would be a bargain.
                :ohsnap:

Comment

oh yes. oh yes.........

Mariano

2001 Titaniumsilber 540i Sport 6-Speed
                  1990 Diamantschwarz Alpha-N 2.5L ///M3
                  1986 Alpinweiss 325e M50B25 (R.I.P.)

-Talk to me when more sound comes from the induction than from the exhaust...

-Argentina........lo mas grande que hay.

Comment

They're ugly as sin, and I just don't care.
                    Trevor Ely
                    '95 M Sport 540i - '00 A4 1.8TQMS - '85 190E 2.3-16
                    '88 535is - '87 325e - '89 325is - '91 318is - '90 325is - '96 328is

Comment

:pimp:
                      sigpic

Comment

It might have a nice engine in it but other than that it's pretty damn ugly and small and not practical inside. Top Gear did a little review on it, I would take an M coupe over it(even if it's used) or a vw r32.
                        Mtech1 v8 build thread - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=413205

OEM v8 manual chip or dme - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho....php?p=4938827

Comment

ugliest. car. evar.

thank god it has an engine to make up for appearances.
                          「 Terror from the Rising Sun 」

Comment

I myself would also like to see this thing hit our shores, but I am still a bit skeptical as to whether it will even come or not. I suppose I will believe things more when there is an official release from BMW. I still find it hard to believe that BMW would potentially unleash anything that might possibly tamper with the Mini's market share. I know that Mini is doing exceptionally well for BMW here in America, even more so than in any other market. Hmmm.

Comment

I will so buy one in 10-15 years!!!!
                              Originally posted by KingB
                              Scratch my back and I buy a prostitute for you, to rub your balls. HAHA now thats some funny shit.

Comment

i'll buy one...a wrecked one....
                                and slap that engine in a e30...yea son!!
                                -Frank
                                1987 325is m50nv (schwarz)
                                1990 325is (sterling silber)(sold)
                                2001 525i

Comment

Working...
                                X