Valentine One stealth style

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Valentine One stealth style

though this was pretty sick. would be nice to see it retrofitted into and e30 :)

who wants to sell me there valentine one?

I was up above it, Now I'm down in it ~ Entropy - A Build thread.
    @Zakspeed_US

That is a nice piece, i think there is a company that will do it for any mirror. I have seen e39 m5's with that a lot.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-h...wE3UqwjjmaTrXg

Comment

i was thinking ive seen it in other cars.

@Zakspeed_US

Comment

I already have a V1 (sorry, not for sale :-P ).....I'd like to find out who makes those modified mirrors. I'd definately consider it.

Jon
        Rides...
        1991 325i - sold :(
        2004 2WD Frontier King Cab

RIP #17 Jules Bianchi

Comment

thats pretty cool but the real stealth is where other driver can not see your radar display and I would imagine that this could easily be seen from other cars. Personally I think a V1 should be mounted high on the windshield and be put into remote mode and use the remote mount hidden in the dash in one of the blank switch mounts above the radio..... At least that is how I will be doing mine anyways....

Comment

Originally posted by atomic View Post
            thats pretty cool but the real stealth is where other driver can not see your radar display and I would imagine that this could easily be seen from other cars. Personally I think a V1 should be mounted high on the windshield and be put into remote mode and use the remote mount hidden in the dash in one of the blank switch mounts above the radio..... At least that is how I will be doing mine anyways....
            smart man. I just did this a few weeks ago, got it in the car yesterday. I love, i need to take some new pictures.

Comment

^^ Very Noice, where are you mounting your V1?

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/657387

Comment

Originally posted by rede30 View Post
                smart man. I just did this a few weeks ago, got it in the car yesterday. I love, i need to take some new pictures.

Now thats how its done for stealth mode guys. No other driver from another car can see your detector going ape shit when the cops shooting radar at you.

How does it effect the access to that one screw that mounts the upper part of the panel? Thanks for the picture too

Comment

I have a v1 that could be for sale...make me an offer.

Comment

How does it effect the access to that one screw that mounts the upper part of the panel? Thanks for the picture too
                    I cant screw it in but everything fits so damn tight in there i dont see it being a problem. I am going to re-due it with a 316 panel when i get back from Europe, it should be able to screw in with this setup, what i have now is just a temp.
                    Originally posted by nefarious7907 View Post
                    ^^ Very Noice, where are you mounting your V1?
                    The V1 is on the top right of the RVM, its hidden pretty well. I wish i could put it somewhere completely out of sight but i dont think there is a way unless i forget about the rear sensor, and i dont want to do this.

Comment

Now thats how its done for stealth mode guys. No other driver from another car can see your detector going ape shit when the cops shooting radar at you.

Why would it matter if another driver can see through the window?

Comment

Why would it matter if another driver can see through the window?

if someone in a car next to you driving down the road at same speed as you can see your radar detector and tell if there is a cop running his radar gun. If you can keep someone else from seeing your detector display you run a better chance of someone else getting caught with the speeding ticket.....
                        Last edited by atomic; 08-05-2007, 10:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jms16v View Post
                          I have a v1 that could be for sale...make me an offer.

Give me the serial off of it. And ill see.

@Zakspeed_US

Comment

I know various people that that have done this to their E30s.

Mariano

2001 Titaniumsilber 540i Sport 6-Speed
                            1990 Diamantschwarz Alpha-N 2.5L ///M3
                            1986 Alpinweiss 325e M50B25 (R.I.P.)

-Talk to me when more sound comes from the induction than from the exhaust...

-Argentina........lo mas grande que hay.

Comment

Originally posted by rede30 View Post
                              Very much like the one I built a few years back...
                              The best place for it in my opinion. No mounting issues whatsoever.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X