Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The font being different on the 2 valve covers really bothers me.
    AWD > RWD

Comment

Originally posted by ThatOneEuroE30 View Post
      Lol you do realize how awesome the m12 is right? 60-80k all day for that. Iirc there arent many of the m12/3's left. I think is one that was used in a group 5 e21
      I really have no clue what that was/is...a better idea now. perhaps I'm cheap, but who has 80K to drop on something like that??? I guess I'm doing it wrong. (life I mean)...If you guys have some ideas, let me know.

Comment

Originally posted by gte175x View Post
        I really have no clue what that was/is...a better idea now. perhaps I'm cheap, but who has 80K to drop on something like that??? I guess I'm doing it wrong. (life I mean)...If you guys have some ideas, let me know.

Mostly high end collectors. I know a couple guys who would do it in a heart beat if they had the car it belonged in like group 5 chassis.

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
        1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
        Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
        Mtech 2 turbo restoration
        Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

Most of you don't geek out over fire extinguishers, but here's what I've managed to collect. left is a modern BMW OEM Gloria 1kg powder-type FE, middle is OEM Gloria 2kg Halon FE, and right is Mercedes OEM Minimax 2kg Halon FE. Below them is LHD BMW bracket.

The RHD bracket is a different part number. Below, you can see one installed on my passenger seat. If you install it on the driver seat, you won't be able to reach the handle to slide the seat forward/backward.

I like the period-correct seat belt buckle strap, and with a little modification, I was able to make it work with modern BMW FE and the Mercedes FE.
          Last edited by robrez; 02-13-2017, 09:57 PM.
          sigpic
          January 2012 COTM

Comment

That engine was originally built as a Formula 2 engine (2 liter, NA) At the time the BDG Cosworth was the engine of choice at 300 hp, the M12 BMW was making 325hp. They also were used in the 2 liter sports racers of the day (Lola, Chevron, Oscella, March) They did use them in Group 5 touring cars but very quickly were out gunned by the turbo cars. Then Paul Rosche began the modifications to build the 1.5 liter Turbo F1 engine from this basic design and in Group 5 racing the engine was run as a 2 liter and 2.1 liter Turbo in the 320i

Comment

Originally posted by gte175x View Post
              I guess I'm doing it wrong. (life I mean)...If you guys have some ideas, let me know.
              Plastics

Jeez, that M12 though. Would love to have a vintage "engine" collection under glass. M12, Cosworth DFV, Etc.
              ADAMS Autosport

Comment

Originally posted by robrez View Post
                Most of you don't geek out over fire extinguishers, but here's what I've managed to collect. left is a modern BMW OEM Gloria 1kg powder-type FE, middle is OEM Gloria 2kg Halon FE, and right is Mercedes OEM Minimax 2kg Halon FE. Below them is LHD BMW bracket.

The RHD bracket is a different part number. Below, you can see one installed on my passenger seat. If you install it on the driver seat, you won't be able to reach the handle to slide the seat forward/backward.

I like the period-correct seat belt buckle strap, and with a little modification, I was able to make it work with modern BMW FE and the Mercedes FE.
                I need that bracket!!! Does the modern extinguisher fit in the bracket?

Comment

^^^ Yes, the old FEs came with a cradle, while the new FEs use a "spine." But both have holes that line up with the holes on the bracket.

See above pic, on the right is the "spine" FE holder, in the middle is the cradle, and on the left is a cradle that I mod'ed to fit the Mercedes halon FE.
                  sigpic
                  January 2012 COTM

Comment

Got another italvolanti. This one came with hub

1991 318i 4dr slick top

Comment

The best wheel for an E30 IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=316212

BMWCCA #398608
                      IG @yagayo38

"The Best E30's were built with two camshafts four cylinders and sixteen valves!".

Comment

Originally posted by getouth View Post
                        The best wheel for an E30 IMO

I agree. Alpina 3 spoke is about the only other one i really like.

1991 318i 4dr slick top

Comment

I love my Italvolanti. I want to buy another one from the guy here who was selling them but he's gone MIA
                          Simon
                          Current Cars:
                          -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Simon
                            I'm hoarding them. If I think of selling I'll contact you first.

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=316212

BMWCCA #398608
                            IG @yagayo38

"The Best E30's were built with two camshafts four cylinders and sixteen valves!".

Comment

Originally posted by getouth View Post
                              Simon
                              I'm hoarding them. If I think of selling I'll contact you first.

Cool, mines getting fairly weathered. It also took forever to find the 3bolt hub
                              Simon
                              Current Cars:
                              -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                                Cool, mines getting fairly weathered. It also took forever to find the 3bolt hub

I have heard pelican sells the 3 bolt hub new

1991 318i 4dr slick top

Comment

Working...
                                X