Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

eBay seller in Canada and the price was much less than I would’ve paid. I paid the same amount for one about 5 years ago that I ended up not being able to use because of how blown out it was and this one is in perfect condition
    Originally posted by TeXJ View Post
    looks nice, what does something like that go for? How'd ya find it, ebay?

Comment

Originally posted by james31ee View Post

Nice, do you still have them or know where to buy? I'll ask my friend, he was searching for this
      They're sold out now, I checked a month ago, because I wanted a set for my Touring as well.
      Yes still have the ones I bought, they're on my ACS E34.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	bmw-e34-525i-ac-schnitzer-s5-replica.jpg
Views:	2215
Size:	71.1 KB
ID:	9860272

#ShenanigansE30 1989 Touring AC Schnitzer S3 replica http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=320784
      Ruffian 1987 318is 2 door Hartge project http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=290863
      Natalma 1990 Touring AC Schnitzer S3
      #GlorianaE28 1986 525i
      #AnniePowerE34 525i 3.2 M50 with AC Schnitzer S5 parts
      sigpic

Comment

Came across this "Alpina" heckblende and couldn't pass it up. Never mounted, new in box. Made by a company called "Bubble-Car" based in Italy - couldn't find a ton of info on the company but they apparently made body kits and steezy parts for Euro cars in the early 80s. They call this thing a Fanalone. Never heard that before.

Had to drill into the car to mount it but very worth it. Just need to figure out the best way to relocate my license plate.

Comment

Pretty rare if you can find the original Alpina vent gauges.
          However I just installed this repro vent gauge from a guy on Instagram. (JR_Parts_France)

Wiring loom, sensors and a manual as well all included. Very happy with my purchase!
          1990 325iX Touring - November 2018 R3V Car Of The Month

1980 Volkswagen Golf mk1 1.1
          1974 BMW 2002 Touring

Instagram

Comment

Nice! Drive Tastefully!
            http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=316212

BMWCCA #398608
            IG @yagayo38

"The Best E30's were built with two camshafts four cylinders and sixteen valves!".

Comment

Originally posted by D.Martijn View Post
              However I just installed this repro vent gauge from a guy on Instagram. (JR_Parts_France)

Wiring loom, sensors and a manual as well all included. Very happy with my purchase!
              Yes, they are rare and expensive to buy.
              Projects Hartge,Alpina & AC Schnitzer Builds.http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=280601
              http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=227993
              http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=289362

DSC04926 by Raul Salinas, on FlickrDSC03413 by Raul Salinas, on Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by D.Martijn View Post

so that is a repro? it looks pretty darn good. if you don't mind me asking, what did it cost all in?
                sigpic
                Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
                92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
                88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
                88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
                87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
                12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

Originally posted by flyboyx View Post

so that is a repro? it looks pretty darn good. if you don't mind me asking, what did it cost all in?
                  Yes it's a repro. I think it looks great as well.
                  I paid 514€ including shipping to Belgium, the seller/maker of these is located in France.
                  1990 325iX Touring - November 2018 R3V Car Of The Month

1980 Volkswagen Golf mk1 1.1
                  1974 BMW 2002 Touring

Instagram

Comment

i've had offers of well over 2k for my original set, so considering how good this one looks, i would say it is quite a bargain indeed.
                    sigpic
                    Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
                    92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
                    88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
                    88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
                    87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
                    12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

I have a new in box rubber dashboard and glove box. I'm fairly certain it's the last one left. Box has BMW South Africa stickers.
                      Drive it hard. Maintain it well.

Convertible Technical & Discussion
                      A Topless Memorandum

Comment

Weismann hardtop for the vert is rare.
                        How many of them are out in the wild?

Comment

Just got this yesterday. Zender steering wheel. Think its pretty rare!
                          Its about 360 mm in diameter.

Comment

How about mudflaps for the cabriolet / vert?
                            I have been searching for > 6 months.

Comment

I just need this little transmission shift mount bracket. Not anything special, just not made any more. Part # 25111207113, called a "bow" by BMW.

Click image for larger version

Name:	bow1.jpg
Views:	993
Size:	40.6 KB
ID:	9936664

Comment

Originally posted by LateFan View Post
                                I just need this little transmission shift mount bracket. Not anything special, just not made any more. Part # 25111207113, called a "bow" by BMW.

Click image for larger version  Name:	bow1.jpg Views:	65 Size:	40.6 KB ID:	9936664

Interesting that this wouldn't be available anymore either as "Genuine BMW" or from some aftermarket/OEM supplier. Seems like at least someone like garagistic would make one.

Indeed if it isn't, I've added it to my list of ideas for 3D printed rare E30 parts at e30update.com. If you want me to reverse-engineer it to be 3D printed, consider becoming a patron through Patreon. The link to the Patreon is on my YouTube channel which you can link to from my website. The cool thing about a part like this is that you can engineer it to be even better than the original. The first official E30 Update product is a great example of that, and really part of the point of E30 Update & 3D printing in general.

I went through this thread and added a few other ideas to the list, although I already have a couple dozen ideas, a few of which are already in various states of completion or waiting to be posted.

Besides re-creating rare & unavailable parts I'm also going to be doing custom upgrade parts as well.

Anyway, consider supporting on Patreon, and check out my site for the first available products. Lots more products on the way as I get time - maybe this one! Any questions just ask. here or feel free to DM me.

PS - if you don't want to go to e30update.com or the youtube chanel etc. but are still curious what the first E30 Update parts are I attached a pic of the glove box latch. So if you want to fix your broken glove box latch, or want to replace it before it does (recommended) these are available to purchase. Not exactly rare, but not exactly tons of them either. And the ones that are available are still 30yo pot metal. FWIW The 3D prints are much stronger.

Top: 3D printed metal latch

(updated for info & clarity)
                                Last edited by cornchip; 07-19-2020, 10:45 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X