How much have you spent on your e30?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nando View Post
    as much as I really like the 135i (and that Tii concept), I'd rather not have a car payment, thanks. :p
    I say that, then I realize I spend at least a car payment's worth in mods/maintenance each month...

'05 E46 M3 Imolarot/Cinnamon - CURRENT
    '98 E36 M3 Estorilblau/Dove - SOLD
    '90 E30 M3 Brilliantrot/Black - SOLD
    SRS BSNS Motorsports - 24hrs of LeMons Racer

Comment

Originally posted by Jonathan 90 M3 View Post
      I say that, then I realize I spend at least a car payment's worth in mods/maintenance each month...
      which is worse than a car payment + mods + maintenance?
      Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

So far I've spent nothing but the cost of the car. Came with fresh oil and a full tank of gas..soo....

$1100.
        "We praise or find fault, depending on which of the two provides more opportunity for our powers of judgement to shine."

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post
          which is worse than a car payment + mods + maintenance?
          I try to tell myself that if I buy a new car, I won't mod it.;)

'05 E46 M3 Imolarot/Cinnamon - CURRENT
          '98 E36 M3 Estorilblau/Dove - SOLD
          '90 E30 M3 Brilliantrot/Black - SOLD
          SRS BSNS Motorsports - 24hrs of LeMons Racer

Comment

paid over 12000 euro for my touring now but all the parts i used were cheap boughts and only some small parts new. would never do this again :mrgreen:
            *** For sale: euro stuff, BBS steering wheels, smoked tail lights, bunch of rare wheels (5x120 and 4x100) ***

[/color]

Comment

I have close to 10k into mine... in mods. Thats a turbo setup, stroker, wheels/tires, full repaint, many body mods, lights, gauges, MSnS... I have about 4k into my current stroker build and it should be VERY stout. On the flip side on my eta... I only have about 1500 in mods/maintenance. I would MUCH rather have a unique 350-400 whp turbo e30 than a boring brand new car anyone can go out and buy.
              :: PNW Crew ::
              '87 325 4dr, '74 2002

Comment

Originally posted by James Crivellone View Post
                Sitting on about $40,000 at this point
                I was going to say, $10,000+ doesn't really do some members justice. lol

Comment

including the purchase of my beautiful e30, suspension/bushing work, mis parts and s52 swap (have most parts and i added 1000 for the exhaust and whatever xxx part i need to complete)

~ 6700...damn
                  No more e30s for me.
                  88 black BMW OBDII 332is dedicated track [sold]
                  88 BMW OBDII bronzit 332is [RIP 03/08]
                  91 BMW 325i [sold]
                  86 Corolla 'Ae86' HB 20v trd [sold]
                  http://youtube.com/watch?v=pTj7Hn9v5Rs

Comment

I have probably $4500 and my car looks the F'in same basically!

I wonder what Vlad has in his vert..or even his m3..or even his porsche

Comment

$1.5k on an ecu. and headlights $200

Comment

Worst thing to do is start adding up how much you spent.

Comment

i had 8500 into mine. inlcuding the purchase price of the shell at $500. full m52 swap, some go fast goodies, h&r race and bilsteins, suspension refresh, full exhaust, some lookie loo goodies also.

Comment

wheres the i dont know/i dont wanna think about it choice... these polls are no good without these options
                            Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Originally posted by TimKninja
                            Im more afraid of this thread turning into one of those classic R3v moments, where Pizza gets delivered.

Comment

shocks & springs, F&R brakes, gaskets, transmission seals, stabilizer links, AC conversion, F&R wheel bearings, hood shock, flex disc, e-brake cables, All Belts, All Hoses, fuel filter, distributor cap and rotor, thermostat & gasket, water pump, timing belt, timing belt tensioner, ALL fluids replaced (transmission, engine, brake, power steering, coolant, differential...), Z3 short shifter, 14x6.5 US weaves, falken tires, US Ellipsoids, Optima Battery, MTech1 wheel, subwoofer, F&R Euro Bumpers = $6,500

runs great but still needs paint...

Comment

im at a little over 4k. but just think of the guys like Ryan Stewart, Vlad, Jordan, James, those guys have put a SHITLOAD of money in those cars. but still, have probably never had a car payment. And its not like these people(besides Vlad) are turning their cars around in a quick time.

As much as I'd like to get a new 335 or e46 M3, the thought of having a car payment scares me. My only car payment was for the first e30 i bought back in 1999, and that was to my mom(150 a month while a Freshman in High School..) For the amount that I(we) spend on these cars, its well worth it IMO and for the M3 guys its not like they'll ever loose their values. Hell, whens the last time you saw a super clean slightly modded 325iS go for less than 5k? These things are only going up in value.

Bottom line, its not what you spend, its what your enjoyment factor is when all said and done. I enjoy my car. and thats that!

Kyle
                                1988 M3, 97 840, 99 XJ
                                DILLIGAF

Comment

Working...
                                X