The R3V Garage Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Powling View Post
    This is awesome man! Nicely done, looks like a good space to be working in.
    Originally posted by laidback93 View Post
    @Nick_S

Nice car hole! I see that your garage doors are insulated. I will be doing the same thing next month. Our garage gets hotter than an oven during the hot Phoenix summers.

Thanks guys! Insulating the doors made a HUGE difference. The doors face west and in the warm months get a ton of sun. They would nearly burn you to touch in late summer. Helps alot with cold too. I use those 1in sheets of foam insulation from Home Depot. a 4'X8' sheet was like 10 bucks. Think I had to use 3 or 4 to do both doors.
    91 318is M50 swapped
    05 Honda Pilot

24V swap thread
    http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=302524

Comment

That is on a list for house improvements, an insulated garage door.

Kershaw chime in with his fancy garage yet?
      ACS S3 Build / Dinan 5 E34

Comment

Originally posted by TimeMachinE30 View Post
        Kershaw chime in with his fancy garage yet?
        This is the garage thread, no sheds for legal reasons allowed.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick_S View Post
          Thanks guys! Insulating the doors made a HUGE difference. The doors face west and in the warm months get a ton of sun. They would nearly burn you to touch in late summer. Helps alot with cold too. I use those 1in sheets of foam insulation from Home Depot. a 4'X8' sheet was like 10 bucks. Think I had to use 3 or 4 to do both doors.
          On a side note, you're also really making me want to get a set of TR C1's!
          Steve • Toronto
          1991 318is • Brillantrot
          Build Thread

Comment

Originally posted by laidback93 View Post
            @Nick_S

Nice car hole!
            Looking for a place to run your Counterfeit Jeans operation out of?
            1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
            2016 Ford Flex
            2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

Originally posted by djjerme View Post
              Looking for a place to run your Counterfeit Jeans operation out of?

This guy gets it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              90 Bronzit 325is
              16 Black Sapphire 340i M Sport

Comment

Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post
                This is the garage thread, no sheds for legal reasons allowed.
                She-shed?
                ACS S3 Build / Dinan 5 E34

Comment

Not an actual photo.. but it's spring, and yeah, there be spiders. My kids are afraid to touch the E30 this time of year. :p
                  Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

We only get 'em that big in Australia, along with a few snakes and crocs if you let your shed get too out of hand ;)

A lot of nice garages here, I need to build a new one sometime soon as my current one is a disaster with structural issues. Have permission to do so from the minister of finance, but just need to work out whether we're staying in our place long term or moving.
                    My e30: OEM+ with M30B35

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post

Not an actual photo.. but it's spring, and yeah, there be spiders. My kids are afraid to touch the E30 this time of year. :p
                      Haha, my son found a black widow next to the fuse box recently. He already hates spiders so now he approaches his car very focused and deliberate. I tell him he should do that anyway, it’s an e30 after all........
                      My son has the 1987 325e, 2 door, 5speed
                      I daily the 1989 325i, 4 door, 5speed

Comment

Doesn't live in the garage, but definitely a garage type tool, a rigged parts washer I made some time ago. Basically, a drum with a random expanding tray, the cheapest battery powered transfer pump, and a parts washer brush. Works quite well for under $50 with the cleaner.

Click image for larger version

Name:	azxzSfA.jpg
Views:	220
Size:	50.4 KB
ID:	9921131
                        Click image for larger version

Name:	66TCllW.jpg
Views:	229
Size:	72.9 KB
ID:	9921132

Comment

Damn, talk about a blast from the past thread.
                          Project Thread | Instagram | Phoenix, Arizona Events Thread

Comment

Moving soon to a house with a bigger garage (well if our house every finishes selling in this crap). But I did update my garage and flooring a bit. Feels so nice to work in a clean space.

Euro Delivery Thread///E30 Project Klaus///COTM August 2021

Comment

^ Staszek nice looking garage sir. I recently had mine done as well.

Click image for larger version  Name:	garage .jpg Views:	0 Size:	77.3 KB ID:	9921781
                              sigpic
                              E30love

Comment

Working...
                              X