Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LCABS Lateral...Yes...Another Chassis Brace

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I'll be doing final testing of new brace based on the lower X. This will stiffen the tunnel and the LCABS Laterally (with out the bracing to the Front Carrier / Sub-Frame as the X Brace does).

This brace is basically a "tame" version of the X and is tageted at street (daily) drivers rather than Track, Auto X and outright lunatic canyon runners.

This bracing will reduce body shudder to a degree and may increase the longevity of the unibody.

If there are no unforseen problems in subjective testing it will be available soon at a target price of about $130 with included upgraded LCAB hardware.

Also...

Since you are here... Is there any want / need for harness bars for the e30?...

Something a little more eligant and possibly lower priced than the Sparco harness bars?
    Last edited by DCColegrove; 11-18-2008, 08:31 PM. Reason: image posted

I'm currently saving for the rest of the braces and the "lunatic" X brace, but I think this is a great idea for those on the board who aren't as track addicted as others. Would this new brace be compatible with the current lower X? If so...I have another brace to save for.

As for harness bars, how about a roll bar instead? I personally would rather have the extra protection of the roll bar than the harness bar, as I plan on using my car for time trials and beyond. A harness bar would definitely suffice for most people though.
    2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
    95 M3/2/5 (S54 and Mk60 DSC, CARB legal, Build Thread)
    98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

Bolt in Roll Bar...

I'd love to...

The problem is that it would be expensive to produce and I could not compete with (meaning the price) what is already out there.

Comment

Originally posted by DCColegrove View Post
        Bolt in Roll Bar...

I'd love to...

The problem is that it would be expensive to produce and I could not compete with (meaning the price) what is already out there.
        If you could sell a better fitting ala carte main hoop for the e30 I would be interested.

Comment

I would definitely be interested (in a year or so...going to Germany soon) in a full bolt in/weld in roll bar that fits well. I like the autopower price, but I don't like the fitment and would definitely pay more to get a safer bar.

Performance >> price IMO.
          2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
          95 M3/2/5 (S54 and Mk60 DSC, CARB legal, Build Thread)
          98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

Originally posted by Bimmerman325i View Post
            I would definitely be interested (in a year or so...going to Germany soon) in a full bolt in/weld in roll bar that fits well. I like the autopower price, but I don't like the fitment and would definitely pay more to get a safer bar.

Performance >> price IMO.
            As far as I can tell you are one in a thousand...

The price of the Autopower cage is something else...

The fitment and engineering behind it is well... Something else too.

Comment

Hmm zen brace.. Daily Driver... 130$...

This might be a brace id be down for!

Does a harness bar provide any stiffening? or simply a place for harnesses?
              Last edited by Stephen; 11-17-2008, 10:03 PM.

Comment

are you making this brace because the x is too stiff?

i have had some questions about whether it was such a good idea to tie the subframe to the lcabs but like all of your stuff i am very interested in seeing this can you post pics?

Comment

Woah, $130? I might be interested. I shouldn't be(as a poor college student), but I might be.
                  sigpic

Comment

Stupid question - will this work on a vert?
                    Mike

82 Alfa Spider (For Sale)
                    86 944 Turbo
                    87 CX25 TRD Turbo2
                    89 405 Mi16
                    89 Milano Verde
                    89 Mondial t Coupe
                    92 300D

Comment

yes and yes.
                      sigpic

Comment

Would this fit an iX?
                        Cornering is like bringing a woman to climax.
                        -Jackie Stewart

Comment

In for a harness bar.

Perfect for mounting a harness DUH! But also a helmet hook and a camera mount. I would look into camera mounts and size the tubing accordingly
                          sigpic

88 325is

Comment

I'll Have images of this brace up here tonight...

And possibly it will be available on the site by the end of the week.

Comment

Harness bar price if possible. I'm not sure where you will mount it but one requirement for many autoxers is the interior needs to stay intact with as little modifications as possible.....You can cut holes in interior parts is necessary but I wouldn't make something that requires the removal of any complete panels or parts.
                              sigpic

88 325is

Comment

Working...
                              X